Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans fire offensive coordinator Chris Palmer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Completely, 100% serious with this next comment: I'm surprised they didn't move WR coach Dave Ragone to OC. You've seen hit or miss results from Titans QBs, but one thing that cannot be understated is how well the Titans WRs have been over the last two years.

I've joked around with Ragone as the butt of said joke for the last two years, but guy has been outstanding as a WR coach. Would be nice to see how he'd do as an interim OC.

Heard good things about this new guy as well. We'll have to see. Team has the talent but the playcalling was atrocious at times.

Wasn't Dave Ragone a QB? I think I recall using him in old madden games.

Yup, 3rd round pick for the Texans back in...04, I think?

Anywho, may of spoken too soon with Ragone. The Titans WRs looked abysmal yesterday, and that's putting it nicely. Ragone's done some good work with them in the past, but yesterday was a drop party for 'em, and that's gotta come back to coaching...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Completely, 100% serious with this next comment: I'm surprised they didn't move WR coach Dave Ragone to OC. You've seen hit or miss results from Titans QBs, but one thing that cannot be understated is how well the Titans WRs have been over the last two years.

I've joked around with Ragone as the butt of said joke for the last two years, but guy has been outstanding as a WR coach. Would be nice to see how he'd do as an interim OC.

Heard good things about this new guy as well. We'll have to see. Team has the talent but the playcalling was atrocious at times.

Anywho, may of spoken too soon with Ragone. The Titans WRs looked abysmal yesterday, and that's putting it nicely. Ragone's done some good work with them in the past, but yesterday was a drop party for 'em, and that's gotta come back to coaching...

So one game of WR drops reflects directly back on the position coach? How is the route running? I would think something like that would reflect more on the coaching than a game of dropped passes.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

So one game of WR drops reflects directly back on the position coach? How is the route running? I would think something like that would reflect more on the coaching than a game of dropped passes.

The route running was nothing special - Texans gave the Titans man coverage for the majority of the day, against backup DBs (neither Jonathan Joseph or Alan Ball played, and Brice McCain got hurt midway through the game - the Texans were one injury away from having to play WR LeStar Jean at CB) and the WRs couldn't really put themselves to take advantage of it.

Not trying to run Ragone out of town, just that his unit had a favorable matchup against a pass coverage unit that had given up close to 800 yards passing in the last two games, missing three of their top four CBs...and the WRs didn't take advantage of it as they should have.

There's a bit more than "one game of drops" when you look at it in context.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a pretty good QB coach for us. Guess he should have stayed retired.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: