Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Moving Forward After Belcher - Football Specific
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Quinn plays like Aaron Rodgers the rest of the season, we still have to draft Geno Smith. I can't believe my eyes. If Quinn can string together his 2nd good game against cleveland, then we can just bypass taking a QB in the 1st round for the 20th year or so? No way.

I have doubts that Brady Quinn will ever be anything more than a bottom 5-10 starter as a QB in this league. No reason to go into next season with him as the guy, even if he does string together a few good performances in meaningless games vs the Panthers or say next week if he does it vs Cleveland.
shanekc88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand all the emotion and humanity in all this but this is a business and the business must go on. We did what we had to do as a team to get through the first week. I agree 100% with Nic that I think Hunt will keep both after witnessing what happened on Saturday. Hunt has a heavy heart and is a personal business men (with GM,coach) I think he has a high amount of trust in both parties.. Like I said before this is a business and they are not doing a good job on the business end. I as well believe Pioli and Crennel are good citizens to this country like Matt Cassel but once again it's a business.

No QB warrants a top 5 pick. I'm not going to beat a dead horse we all know who I want for our top 3-5 pick.

I want the fans to stand together. No more blackouts/shout outs/ bags over head. WE HAVE CLASS. Call it a season and hope we can win some games. After what happened on Saturday I'm hoping for our final home game we bring back the sea of red to put confidence back in our players and let them know we stand with them. Maybe not with Pioli or Crennel but with the players
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hunt brings back Pioli and Crennel based off of this, we can expect another disappointing season next year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
If Hunt brings back Pioli and Crennel based off of this, we can expect another disappointing season next year.

That is now one of my biggest fears - that the momentum for sweeping changes to our team could be stopped or minimized.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

That is now one of my biggest fears - that the momentum for sweeping changes to our team could be stopped or minimized.

I just think with the age of guys like Flowers, Bowe, Hali, Albert and DJ, if we don't get rid of Pioli and Crennel now, and we do it after say, another disappointing season next year, we are going to have to completely start over. It has to be done this year. And also to keep the current young talent that we do have and show them that we are serious about winning. Winning fixes a lot of problems. Do you think Baldwin is going to stay here under the current conditions? No way. Justin Houston would probably rather play for a winner as well. Among many others.
Rumless

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to get the feeling Clark won't be sweeping house after this season, based upon the media praise of how the Chiefs handled the Belcher situation.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Starting to get the feeling Clark won't be sweeping house after this season, based upon the media praise of how the Chiefs handled the Belcher situation.

I agree 12320%.

I actually could see Romeo being demoted back to defensive coordinator and bringing in a new guy like Reid or whomever. Which to be honest I am fine with. But I have a strong feeling Pioli gets another year to fix this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

I agree 12320%.

I actually could see Romeo being demoted back to defensive coordinator and bringing in a new guy like Reid or whomever. Which to be honest I am fine with. But I have a strong feeling Pioli gets another year to fix this.

Like I have said before I wouldn't be shocked if Pioli is retained that Eric Mangini enters the picture - either as DC or HC.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:

Agreed. Which worries me. I don't understand how the Belcher situation affects the job that Pioli has done as a GM. We are 2-10 in the guy's 4th season, and before the Belcher incident, he was likely on his way out, but now, it's looking less and less like that isn't the case.

I don't get it. Sure, we beat the 3-9 Panthers in a close game at home after one of our players murdered his wife and killed himself. So now Pioli shouldn't be fired? I don't get it. It's decisions like these that have got our franchise to where it is right now.

And also, everybody needs to calm down with the Quinn talk. It's getting ridiculous. Matt Cassel has a pro bowl season and many of us are still skeptical. And after just one good game vs an awful defense, we don't need to draft a QB in the first round now, because we have Brady Quinn? Yeah, that sounds like a terrible plan. We aren't going to make the playoffs with Brady Quinn as the guy, let alone compete in this division. Before the game even happened, many people would have been fine with us losing Quinn and Cassel this offseason. Now Quinn is supposed to save our franchise? Look at what the Dolphins did in drafting Tannehill despite Matt Moore playing great for them most of that SEASON (not just one game). I strongly doubt that they regret going after a franchise QB.

Sure, we can draft yet another defensive player in the 1st, but that won't solve much of anything. I don't know why so many people are starting to want a QB in the 2nd round. Is defense our problem now? I'm confused. Our defense has looked great despite routinely getting let down by our offense this year.

I just can't believe that people are starting to act like we can move forward without taking a QB in the 1st round, despite holding the 1st overall pick right now. That logic reminds me of the choices that has our franchise where they are today. We want to be a consistent winner, and we plan on doing that with Brady Quinn because he had a career game vs the Panthers? Oh man, I feel like I'm about to endure another huge letdown as a Chiefs fan by watching Pioli get retained in wake of the Belcher incident.

Last edited by simonwayne on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent win by you guys horrible season but not one blowout all year just dont have the horses right now.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Storm wrote:
Excellent win by you guys horrible season but not one blowout all year just dont have the horses right now.

Chiefs have been blown out multiple times this season...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: