Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blaine Gabbert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Blaine Gabbert start next year?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

Mr. V

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Give him a fair shot to beat Henne, and he wins easily.

I'm not against bringing in a guy outside the first with upside (FSU's quarterback for instance), but I don't see Blaine not taking back what's his through recovery, progression and just plain being a better quarterback than Henne.

Please no. Manuel is really ssimilar to Gabbert and older. Keep developing Gabbert instead of drafting EJ.

it was more of just a guy, for instance. i'm not all that concerned with who comes in, but it's become time for a backup plan.

Ah. I really want Tyler Wilson. He's my favorite QB prospect, Star my favorite overall. I'd like to see both in teal.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offseason will be similar to Seattle....Blaine/Henne will be "starters battling" and we will draft a guy to compete.

#JDI
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

I'm not against bringing in a guy outside the first with upside (FSU's quarterback for instance), but I don't see Blaine not taking back what's his through recovery, progression and just plain being a better quarterback than Henne.

Please no. Manuel is really ssimilar to Gabbert and older. Keep developing Gabbert instead of drafting EJ.

it was more of just a guy, for instance. i'm not all that concerned with who comes in, but it's become time for a backup plan.

Ah. I really want Tyler Wilson. He's my favorite QB prospect, Star my favorite overall. I'd like to see both in teal.

I like Tyler Wilson as much as any of 'top QB' guys in this draft, and if he fell to the 2nd round, i'd be all over it. But between his head injury history, the complete disaster his team has been this year, and the tendency to throw all kinds of bizarre forced passes, i'm not a fan of him where we're likely to be selecting in the 1st round, and even if we managed a trade down in the 1st really. To me, he looks like a Tony Romo type upside with less elusiveness...but i'd be okay with that if the pick value is right. It's hard to see him falling to the 2nd though...

Its A Sabotage wrote:
This offseason will be similar to Seattle....Blaine/Henne will be "starters battling" and we will draft a guy to compete.

That's what i want and hope for. Seems like the most reasonable approach given the situation. The question is...who is the 2nd/3rd round guy that we go after? There's at least a half-dozen potential candidates, the draft is an unpredictable beast, and everyone has their favourites.
Mr. V

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

I like Tyler Wilson as much as any of 'top QB' guys in this draft, and if he fell to the 2nd round, i'd be all over it. But between his head injury history, the complete disaster his team has been this year, and the tendency to throw all kinds of bizarre forced passes, i'm not a fan of him where we're likely to be selecting in the 1st round, and even if we managed a trade down in the 1st really. To me, he looks like a Tony Romo type upside with less elusiveness...but i'd be okay with that if the pick value is right. It's hard to see him falling to the 2nd though...

Its A Sabotage wrote:

That's what i want and hope for. Seems like the most reasonable approach given the situation. The question is...who is the 2nd/3rd round guy that we go after? There's at least a half-dozen potential candidates, the draft is an unpredictable beast, and everyone has their favourites.

Tyler Wilson is similar to Jay Cutler or Farve in the sense that he is going to make some throws that you don't agree with, but you'll have to live with. People say he is doing poorly this year, but he still looks like the same QB before the season. His injuries are a concern, but no where close to that of Jarvis Jones.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Louisianajagfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly a Blaine Gabbert supporter and definitely not a Henne fan either but I am happy to see the offense producing with Henne the only problem I have with the sitaution is that Mularkey has been singing Gabbert's praises and saying the problems on offense weren't strictly Blaines fault but the parts around him. He even took the job to develop him like he did with Matt Ryan and then Henne had a good statiscal game and then bye bye Gabbert.
sadjag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louisianajagfan wrote:
I'm not exactly a Blaine Gabbert supporter and definitely not a Henne fan either but I am happy to see the offense producing with Henne the only problem I have with the sitaution is that Mularkey has been singing Gabbert's praises and saying the problems on offense weren't strictly Blaines fault but the parts around him. He even took the job to develop him like he did with Matt Ryan and then Henne had a good statiscal game and then bye bye Gabbert.
It's called coachspeak man. Mularkey realized he was going to lose his job so he made a move to distance himself from gene and win some games. And that's all there is too it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Louisianajagfan wrote:
It's called coachspeak man. Mularkey realized he was going to lose his job so he made a move to distance himself from gene and win some games. And that's all there is too it.

agreed...it's not like he's going to bash him to the media. we have no idea what was being said behind closed doors.

-charles
Louisianajagfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gabbert can stop being so conservative/cautious and stop being afraid to make a mistake I think he will beat out Henne.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louisianajagfan wrote:
If Gabbert can stop being so conservative/cautious and stop being afraid to make a mistake I think he will beat out Henne.

That's a big if...
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Louisianajagfan wrote:

That's a big if...
He's had this problem since college. He worked out of it some this season, but he has a long way to go. I was told that it was because he didn't have downfield weapons his senior year (and of course his rookie year), but seeing what Henne has done downfield with Shorts, Blackmon and Lewis, I can't accept that as a valid excuse anymore, even if I never really believed it.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louisianajagfan wrote:

Won't happen. You can't just shed that.
But I think Henne will start looking better. Played in some tough conditions today, had a bad game. We'll see what happens.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Louisianajagfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the the funny thing is, when Gabbert plays not to make mistakes.... He still makes mistakes.lol. Why be afraid, every QB makes a mistake now and again. I guess it's just been long season trying to defend the team here in Cajun Country, at least the Saints suck this year!
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Louisianajagfan wrote:

That's a big if...
He's had this problem since college. He worked out of it some this season, but he has a long way to go. I was told that it was because he didn't have downfield weapons his senior year (and of course his rookie year), but seeing what Henne has done downfield with Shorts, Blackmon and Lewis, I can't accept that as a valid excuse anymore, even if I never really believed it.

Yeah. It's definitely an issue that has persisted. And it really does come across as being afraid to make a mistake.

I have to wonder though, it was a concern in the first place...but we really didn't put him in a good situation to overcome that right out of the gate. Not only did we throw him in there before he was really ready, but with DelRio and co. running the show, it really seemed as though he was encouraged to play as something of a 'game manager'. It always felt like he was pressured to avoid 'risky' throws.

We'll never know, but i do wonder how much worse we made the situation when it comes to Gabbert's fear of forcing the ball down field and into tight windows.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing about Gabbert not taking any chances is, in camp, Mularkey preached to Gabbert about not forcing anything.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Jags

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the best for BG, but I don't know if he is going to make much out of himself.

I don't want the Jaguars to give up on him because history has shown that some guys develop slower than others and it would be horrible to see him go to another team and just become a Drew Brees 2.0.

Boo hoo!

Dancing

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: