Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoffs and Off Seaon Moves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dook

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Playoffs and Off Seaon Moves Reply with quote

We have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs if we win the next game against the Bengals which will give us the tie breaker over them. The Texans and Patriots will get the bye's, Ravens and Bronco's will be the next two, and then us and the Colts. With Ben back I feel confidant going into Baltimore but not as much if we have to go to Denver.

CB Keenan Lewis has proven that he can start, now we just have to sign him long term in the off season. I can't get a feel for how much he'll get, at a minimum I'd say $1.3m a year but I'm sure it will be higher than that.

We've seen that we can get by without WR Wallace or RB Mendenhall playing well. I think they're gone after this season and we'll draft a WR and bring back RB Baron Batch to the roster.

If it turns out that we're only $16m over the cap and we don't sign Wallace and Mendy then I think, with some serious contract restructuring again, we can keep OLB Harrison. I'm just not sure we should.

I still think OG Colon should be cut after June 1st of next year to save $5.5m against the cap and the money used to sign a free agent WR or ILB, or RB.

Our OL seems to be very resilient this season. What was a huge concern coming into the season, and with all the injuries they've had, and they're doing better than I've seen in a long time. I think next season we're going to be good with just LT Starks/Adams, LG Foster, C Pouncey/Leg, RG DeCastro, RT Gilbert/Beachum and drafting a backup OT.
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say there is an EXCELLENT chance of making the playoffs with a victory over Cincy. This team showed yesterday that it is very focused on making the playoffs happen, and key players are coming up to speed and health.

Actually, when I was looking over the respective AFC schedules, it would not surprise me if Houston and Denver get the byes, and New England gets 3rd place. And if so, then the Steelers might end up back in that familiar environment. With the way the D is playing, it might end up a very competitive game for once.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: