Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Be careful what you wish for" mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: "Be careful what you wish for" mock Reply with quote

Fire Mayhew, entire coaching staff.

Hire Matt Millen back (just kidding). Ford steps up ala Jerry Jones and vows never to take an offensive skill position in the first two rounds ever again.

Hire (kind of) Sexy Rexy as our head coach. Understudy's don't matter; Rex is the man! Better than the garbage we have now, that's for sure. (more on this below)

Notable FA's: (stolen from another mock)
Avril (DE)- Let go
Delmas (S)- Resign
Houston (CB)- Resign
Levy (OLB)- Resign
Durant (OLB)- Let go
C. Will (DT)- Let go
SLH (DT)- Resign
Coleman (S)- Resign
Jackson (DE)- Let go
Young (DE) (Restricted)
Spievey (S) (Restricted)
Cherilus (OT)- Resign
Smith (RB)- Let go

Cut Burelson, Backus, Peterman, KVB

I'm not going to get into money figures. I won't need to after the next section:

TRADE!!!!

Detroit trades Stafford to the Jets for Revis, Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, the next two years 1st's and 2nd's.
- This gives us that shutdown CB we desperately need, a proven winner at QB so we don't even lose much there because Stafford obviously isn't getting it done which means we won't need to waste a pick on a QB.

TRADE!!!

Detroit trades Ndamukong Suh to the Raiders for Darren McFadden, this years first and second, and they pinky promise to bench Suh if we ever play them, unless Tebow is under center (because it won't matter at that point)
- This trade loosens up more of our salary cap for big FA signings our franchise needs and also gets rid of the constant migrane that Suh gives us with his low blows and speeding tickets. Plus we add another injury-prone HB. A match made in Heaven.

FA signings:
Aqib Talib- With Suh being traded, that opens up room for Aqib to step in and cause distractions. This gives us the best CB unit in the league; something our team desperately needs.

Dashon Goldston- we'll need to overpay to get him from SF, but we'll be able to do that with the trades we made. This only improves our secondary more.

Draft:
1st pick 3 (from Oakland)- Manti T'eo
1st pick 9 (from New York)- Barkevious Mingo
1st pick 12- Matt Barkley (he falls to us, too much value to pass up)
2nd pick 3- D.J. Fluker
2nd pick 9- Chase Thomas
2nd pick 12- Jonathan Cooper

we decide we did good enough and trade the rest of our picks for next years picks

Starting lineup:

Offense-
QB- Tebow, Barkley
RB- LeShoure, Bell
WR- CJ, Young Tit, Broyles
OT- Reiff, Cherilous, Flukner
OG- Sims, Cooper
C- Raiola

Defense-
DE- Young, Mingo
DT- Fairley, SLH
OLB- Levy, Thomas
MLB- Tulloch
CB- Revis, Talib, Houston
S- Delmas, Ghoulston

Thoughts?

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
ahoda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Sexy Rexy would bring too much Sexy to the locker room. I surely hope Stafford would use his Van Huessin skills and dress him up for us too.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You realize we'd owe 20 million to Stafford & Suh if they're on the team or not, right? You realize the Jets aren't trading Revis, right? You realize Rex Ryan wont help our offensive problems, right? You raelize Ford won't help anything either, right??? We'd owe KVB about 6 million if we cut him. Burleson about 3. Backus about 5 I think. Then add Revis' contract, probably 8-10 million there. Then McFadden's contract, probably another 3-5. Then theres the 20 million we'd owe Suh and Stafford (and thats being generous). I doubt Talib leaves NE, so to get him here would be about another 5. Then probably 6 for Goldson.

Ooooh, Manti Te'o! Are we running a 3-4 now? Mingo! Better be running that 3-4! Matt Barkley.... No, we want to win games, not lose them. He is the reach of all reaches at #12. Fluker is actually a decent pick. Chase Thomas! Okay, we've gotta be running a 3-4 now! And Cooper! Wow what a steal! (he wont be there, he's going to be a a 1st round pick).

Oh....what....no 3-4 defense?!? Ahhh its okay, you only drafted 1 good defender anyway. (Te'o benefits from fluky INT's and a great NT, Mingo doesn't know anything about technique and isn't even as good of an athlete he was hyped to be, Chase Thomas was the only good defensive pick.)

Stop people. This isn't funny. Just stop. Disgraceful. Awful. Shameful.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like creativitiy but... In short I think you went off the deep end a little too far. Half this stuff isn't even possible literally.
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my favorite part is that you want Tebow as our QB instead of Stafford...because Tebow is a "proven winner".

I needed a good laugh to start the week...thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate everything about this mock. But why would you want to trade your best defensive player for a RB that is always hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
I hate everything about this mock. But why would you want to trade your best defensive player for a RB that is always hurt.

and the rb is going be a FA after next yr his rookie contract is over.
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOL'ed.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitiely see something like this working. Good job!
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I LOL'ed.

I started to laugh then realized its just a not so subtle poke at posters who have done mocks which include trades of some of Detroit's players which deserve no criticism.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
You realize we'd owe 20 million to Stafford & Suh if they're on the team or not, right? You realize the Jets aren't trading Revis, right? You realize Rex Ryan wont help our offensive problems, right? You raelize Ford won't help anything either, right??? We'd owe KVB about 6 million if we cut him. Burleson about 3. Backus about 5 I think. Then add Revis' contract, probably 8-10 million there. Then McFadden's contract, probably another 3-5. Then theres the 20 million we'd owe Suh and Stafford (and thats being generous). I doubt Talib leaves NE, so to get him here would be about another 5. Then probably 6 for Goldson.

Ooooh, Manti Te'o! Are we running a 3-4 now? Mingo! Better be running that 3-4! Matt Barkley.... No, we want to win games, not lose them. He is the reach of all reaches at #12. Fluker is actually a decent pick. Chase Thomas! Okay, we've gotta be running a 3-4 now! And Cooper! Wow what a steal! (he wont be there, he's going to be a a 1st round pick).

Oh....what....no 3-4 defense?!? Ahhh its okay, you only drafted 1 good defender anyway. (Te'o benefits from fluky INT's and a great NT, Mingo doesn't know anything about technique and isn't even as good of an athlete he was hyped to be, Chase Thomas was the only good defensive pick.)

Stop people. This isn't funny. Just stop. Disgraceful. Awful. Shameful.

Because he's a defensive coach... the best one in the NFL, at that. How much impact do you think Schwartz has on our offense? If you say any, I will punch you.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy nobody liked it Very Happy

IDOG_det wrote:

LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: "Be careful what you wish for" mock Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:

Hire Matt Millen back (just kidding). Ford steps up ala Jerry Jones and vows never to take an offensive skill position in the first two rounds ever again.

Hire (kind of) Sexy Rexy as our head coach. Understudy's don't matter; Rex is the man! Better than the garbage we have now, that's for sure. (more on this below)

Avril (DE)- Let go
Delmas (S)- Resign
Houston (CB)- Resign
Levy (OLB)- Resign
Durant (OLB)- Let go
C. Will (DT)- Let go
SLH (DT)- Resign
Coleman (S)- Resign
Jackson (DE)- Let go
Young (DE) (Restricted)
Spievey (S) (Restricted)
Cherilus (OT)- Resign
Smith (RB)- Let go

I'm not going to get into money figures. I won't need to after the next section:

TRADE!!!!

Detroit trades Stafford to the Jets for Revis, Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, the next two years 1st's and 2nd's.
- This gives us that shutdown CB we desperately need, a proven winner at QB so we don't even lose much there because Stafford obviously isn't getting it done which means we won't need to waste a pick on a QB.

TRADE!!!

Detroit trades Ndamukong Suh to the Raiders for Darren McFadden, this years first and second, and they pinky promise to bench Suh if we ever play them, unless Tebow is under center (because it won't matter at that point)
- This trade loosens up more of our salary cap for big FA signings our franchise needs and also gets rid of the constant migrane that Suh gives us with his low blows and speeding tickets. Plus we add another injury-prone HB. A match made in Heaven.

FA signings:
Aqib Talib- With Suh being traded, that opens up room for Aqib to step in and cause distractions. This gives us the best CB unit in the league; something our team desperately needs.

Dashon Goldston- we'll need to overpay to get him from SF, but we'll be able to do that with the trades we made. This only improves our secondary more.

Draft:
2nd pick 3- D.J. Fluker
2nd pick 9- Chase Thomas

we decide we did good enough and trade the rest of our picks for next years picks

Starting lineup:

Offense-
QB- Tebow, Barkley
RB- LeShoure, Bell
OG- Sims, Cooper
C- Raiola

Defense-
DE- Young, Mingo
DT- Fairley, SLH
OLB- Levy, Thomas
MLB- Tulloch
S- Delmas, Ghoulston

Thoughts?

I will NEVER cheer for the Lions again if they hire Rex Ryan. NEVER. He's 10 times worse than Schwartz and will bring the circus that is Rex to Motown.

DO. NOT. WANT.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: "Be careful what you wish for" mock Reply with quote

LionFanRoxy wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Avril (DE)- Let go
Delmas (S)- Resign
Houston (CB)- Resign
Levy (OLB)- Resign
Durant (OLB)- Let go
C. Will (DT)- Let go
SLH (DT)- Resign
Coleman (S)- Resign
Jackson (DE)- Let go
Young (DE) (Restricted)
Spievey (S) (Restricted)
Cherilus (OT)- Resign
Smith (RB)- Let go

TRADE!!!!

TRADE!!!

FA signings:

Draft:
2nd pick 3- D.J. Fluker
2nd pick 9- Chase Thomas

Starting lineup:

Offense-
QB- Tebow, Barkley
RB- LeShoure, Bell
OG- Sims, Cooper
C- Raiola

Defense-
DE- Young, Mingo
DT- Fairley, SLH
OLB- Levy, Thomas
MLB- Tulloch
S- Delmas, Ghoulston

Thoughts?

I will NEVER cheer for the Lions again if they hire Rex Ryan. NEVER. He's 10 times worse than Schwartz and will bring the circus that is Rex to Motown.

DO. NOT. WANT.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind him as a DC. He is a very good defensive coach, and would be an upgrade. For continuity sake though, I would like to hang on to Gunther

IDOG_det wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: