Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: W 23-14, 8-4, Crosby > Walsh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SplashDive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game and haven't heard anything yet but how severe are the injuries to Nelson and Lang?

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
I was at the game and haven't heard anything yet but how severe are the injuries to Nelson and Lang?

MM said Lang should be fine & that nelson tweaked his hammy in pre-game but also shouldn't be anything serious...

which in 2012, means both guys are heading to IR.
umphrey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Nelson or CM3 will be 100% at all again this year
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't want to get into this "we got screwed by the refs" pissing contest, but if you've watched the Packers at all this year I don't know how you can say this. Early in the season we had a string of turnovers taken away by poor officiating calls, and Sam Shields has been called for a few mind boggling calls on his own. To say we've been benefiting from said calls is a joke.

Look at this game alone. We got ONE call, there was at least 3 OBVIOUS bad calls we got screwed on (Jones TD, 2 obvious facemasks). Get out of here with your "benefited from bad calls" talk.

You say you know what kind of team this is? You're missing Harvin and Chris Cook. We finished this game WITHOUT 10 OPENING DAY STARTERS. And we won. You know what kind of team we are? A resilient, never say die team who has overcome a whole hell of a lot in order to be in first place in the NFC North, the toughest division in football. I'll take that any day.

[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
good win guys. I'm sorry you had to watch the disaster that is Christian Ponder.

but the refs still call everything your way.

later. see ya week 17!

Like when Rodgers was driven back 10 yards in the grasp of a vikings DL but no whistle was blown leading to him getting crushed and driven into the ground, also not called?
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how Vikings fans can honestly say the refs call everything our way. Just wow. How about the ghost of a holding call on the 2nd Jones TD? How about the blatant block in the back on one of the long Peterson runs on Hayward. So many ghost holding penalties. What about the one huge facemask on Cobb? There was another facemask that was not called.

Refs werent good. They didnt favor us by any means though.

Credit: TheDeeeeej
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Game guys. I had to wait a day before posting about the game because I was still fuming about Ponder's epic fail and this is coming from one his biggest supporters. when did you guys learn to run the ball? I haven't seen you do that in years Wink It was a close game to me. You guys made the key plays and we made key mistakes. You earned it. See you at the dome.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Bring Melvin Gordon to Minnesota.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 straight wins against both the Vikings and Bears feels damn good. Hopefully both those numbers jump to 6 in the coming weeks.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

Ponder needs to be braver and wait for his receivers to get open.

Ponder is fine at letting his receivers get open, he's just confused as to which team's colors his receivers are wearing.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
svp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a game where the refs gave Jennings a touchdown.
Could have been bobbled out of bounds and another one where the refs
gave the packers an obvious call that benefitted them. It seemed weird since I was used to bad calls going the other way. But that was year(s) ago.
Now it seems like if they are rolling out a new rule they test on GB packers
to see if it will fly. The scab refs were okay until the Packers were jobbed in Seattle. Just work the bugs out in Green Bay is what it feels like.

refs. what can ya do?

BartStarving

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a few more of those 11-minute drives.Smile
Morgan Burnett looks more and more polished every game.
I have a new nickname for Mason Crosby. How does Mason "Go Figure" Crosby sound?
Another spotty tackling game in the first half. Need to get that corrected.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good game to go to. IIRC Matthews has missed 2 home games due to injury in his career now, 2010 vs Miami and vs MN this last week, I have been at both of them Crying or Very sad

I was really disappointed in the amount of Vikings fans that were there. I know some will get in no matter what, but if you are a season ticket holder why on earth are you selling tickets to this game???

If Lang can play next week, I wouldn't mind it if Barclay moved into LG and Lang at RT. If we gave Lang as much help as we gave Barclay, Lang would probably look great too. I like the idea of having the 5 best guys out there and I think thats what Mac was getting at when he moved Lang to RT. I am not sold that EDS is better than Barclay so I would be fine with benching EDS, dude gets like 5 penalties and gives up a sack or 2 every game.

Don't care what anybody says, Rodgers DOES have a problem throwing Finley the ball. I saw at least 2 or 3 times where Finley was WIDE open and Rodgers was looking at him and he either didn't throw him the ball or pumped and thought about it before throwing it to him. Need to fix that because Finley has earned it over the last 3 weeks.

Starks>>Green. Simple as that. Green is a good 3rd down back, he has a great skill set for that roll but Starks looks hungry. Gotta keep feeding him as he is only getting better.

3rd&1 - The death of this team. Can we all agree that a shotgun handoff/draw to Kuhn is the worst idea in the history of ever on 3rd&1? It never ever,ever,ever works. Ever.

After Mason doinked a (30?) yarder in, missed another longer kick, and booted the 2nd half kickoff out of bounds, I honestly thought somebody was going to kill the guy. I am sure Billy Cundiff was checking his cell phone every 10 seconds.

I was on the wrong end of the stadium for Tramon's personall foul call. Was it really helmet to helmet? It looked like he was trying to knock the ball out but the replays they showed didn't show good angles and only got the crowd more stirred up.

Hopefully Wilson and Matthews are back for the Week 17 match up vs the Vikings and help hold Adrian in check a lot better than yesterday.

All in all it was ugly but it was a win. Time to get healthy and make a hard playoff push. On to the Lions!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BartStarving wrote:
Morgan Burnett looks more up and down every game.
FIFY. Dude can't tackle, still. Made some excellent plays in coverage today, but is average at best some weeks. Hit and miss with Morgan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the playoffs started today we'd play the Seahawks. I likey

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
If Lang can play next week, I wouldn't mind it if Barclay moved into LG and Lang at RT.

I'd move Lang back to his position and keep Braclay at RT.

And that penalty on Tramon was the right call.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: