Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the bright side ...Luke Kuechly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Kuechly has indeed been one of the few bright spots in this otherwise horrible defense. Our safetys are absolute garbage and wouldn't start on any other team.

Disagree with Godfrey being garbage, Nakumura and Martin are hot garbage. I think Godfrey is emerging as one of the best young SS in the league.
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Kuechly has indeed been one of the few bright spots in this otherwise horrible defense. Our safetys are absolute garbage and wouldn't start on any other team.

Disagree with Godfrey being garbage, Nakumura and Martin are hot garbage. I think Godfrey is emerging as one of the best young SS in the league.

I agree. Godfrey can be a liability in coverage but I love his run support.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's been a week since anyone posted in this thread, but I have a question regarding your linebackers.

I'm not very familiar with the Panthers but from what I've read this is what I've got.

Luke Kuechly - rookie that has played very well and is best suited for MLB.

Jon Beason - arguably the top LB in the league when healthy but has been hit with the injury bug the last few seasons

Thomas Davis - has an injury history but has played very well this year and stayed healthy

James Anderson - solid all around backer with a team friendly contract

My question is, will you guys keep all four? Obviously Kuechly is on his rookie deal and not going anywhere, but what of the other three? It's a lot of money tied up in the LB core.

As Vikings fans will tell you, we are in desperate need of linebacking help, particularly in the middle, so I'm trying to figure out how we can potentially solve our woes.

Will new management keep all four? Will Beason oblige to restructuring and moving outside? If he does what does that mean for Thomas Davis and James Anderson?

Trying not to sound like a vulture Smile.
panattack86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If beason restructures we will keep all four. Luke and andersons contracts are team friendly and td just restructured last offseason. I think luke and anderson will play outaide and beason in the middle. But a trade is always possible.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
If beason restructures we will keep all four. Luke and andersons contracts are team friendly and td just restructured last offseason. I think luke and anderson will play outaide and beason in the middle. But a trade is always possible.

moving luke back to the outside would be a mistake. Beast played outside in college and he's better suited for it than luke. he's just gonna have to accept it's better for the team or it's possible he could be gone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats fine by me. Any rotation wiith those 4 lb'ers would b nice
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anderson has sucked this year. I'd prefer we just get rid of him if we decide to keep Beast. No reason not to keep Davis - his contract is cheap and he looked better than Beason did at the start of the year.

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
jbegley8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to get rid of one of our LB and as much as I love Beason, I think he is going to be the one that gets cut. If we do cut Beason I hope we use that money to get a FS or RT. Maybe Jairus Byrd out of Buffalo or what about Jake Long, He might not cost that much and he could move to RT.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it Beason is more likely to be cut than traded (if new management decides to move him? Since $15M would accelerate against next years cap?
rjkilla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if long doesn't get franchised and then doesn't resign with miami it will be because he's tired of playing for a bottom feeder. which means he'll probably take less to play for a winning organization...and we suck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke is obviously staying. I think Davis stays partly because our staff loves him and partly because he has a team friendly deal. We'll probably look for a solid player to back him up just in case he goes down again. Anderson will likely stick due to being able to like....stay on the field, and he has a team friendly deal. I like Beason, but....huge contract, looked like trash when he was on the field this year, been injured constantly of late, and he doesn't seem to fit at OLB. No question for me Luke is staying in the middle.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I take it Beason is more likely to be cut than traded (if new management decides to move him? Since $15M would accelerate against next years cap?

Yes, I don't think a trade is likely. Our options with Beason are either restructure or cut.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke officially makes me look like an idiot for the second year in a row. I kicked and screamed when they drafted Cam. I wanted Von Miller, and was certain Cam couldn't grasp the NFL. Wasn't knocking the talent, but was worried about the lockout and lack of offseason. Last years draft, I was beside myself with the taking of a LB. Wrong again! I'm curious what happens the the LB's when and if Beason gets fully healthy.
CaptainCharisma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see him being traded, reminds me of when Vilma and Demeco Ryans were traded. Vilma had a 1 year contract. What was Demeco Ryans contract when he got traded? Both guys were coming off injuries or didnt fit the system anymore.

They went for 2 4th rounders right?

Thanks to Kiltman
Zithers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the difference is that demeco and vilma were both on teams transitioning from 4-3 to 3-4 defenses and they just didn't play well in them.

we are not switching to a 3-4 (at least i hope not...) so we'd likely have no leverage in a trade. getting two 4th rounders is not enough for a guy like beason who is a great player (when he doesn't have a ripped up shoulder and can tackle properly... let's remember he was at least in position to make tackles despite how screwed up his leg was) and basically the best team leader we've had other than sam mills.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: