Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions (4-7) vs Colts (7-4) Gameday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's gonna win?
Lions
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
Colts
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35483
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I have always held players accountable.

Laughing
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26799
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL is holding the players accountable buddy.

#TeamTL
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25839
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I have always held players accountable.

Laughing

The natural flow of things here at FF:

Phreak: *exaggeration*
Poster: *reasonable explanation*
Phreak: *Emoticon*

It's embarrassing.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moparguy


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 979
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Well as of now we're picking 8th so that probably means we have a good shot at top end DE or CB since those appear to be BPA as of now.
Don't like the DE's this year. Most are pretty under-sized, and there aren't any lockdown CB's either.

Life of a Lions fan SUCKS


What makes this worse is that I actually think its picking 10th. The picks are handed out in inverse order of strength of schedule based on the same records. So since we have a high end strength of schedule we will most likely pick last in that 4-8 group.

It really figures that now that they have a rookie wage structure in place the Lions will not pick high enough for the top talent when it wouldnt cost an arm and a leg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moparguy


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 979
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
yet if you criticise the playerrs, he defends them as well. According to TLwe have a perfect team. Well TL, take yourr Pettigrew and shove it up your rear Laughing

Uh, yeah, I attack all unreasonable criticism equally. If you call Gosder the "worst starting RT in the NFL", or claim that Raiola "doesn't belong on the football field", I'll argue against those points. If you look past execution, and blame coaches, I'll argue against that as well.

I don't hate Pettigrew because I refuse to hold his draft spot against him. I don't hate Levy because I can empathize with the difficulty of changing positions in back-to-back (to-back) seasons. I wont hate Raiola because the DTs entering the league are becoming bigger, stronger and faster... the results are seen across the NFL. I wont blame Mayhew for the secondary because of the number of injuries and circumstances. I wont blame Schwartz for Hanson missing a game-winning 48 yard FG.

And I wont hold the roster Schwartz inherited against him.

But that's me being ridiculous. And that's fine: it makes getting away from this place that much more enjoyable.

And therein lies your problem. If there is criticism you consider it unreasonable. You NEVER hold anyone accountable for their actions. I wish you would have been the judge when I got sent to prison, because I am certain it would not have been my fault.

I hate Pettigrew because he is not very good. You can make up any excuse you would like past that.

You won't blame anyone for anything ever. So your entire opinion seems ludicrous when that is brought to light.

Completely and utterly false, but that's fine. You have always had to rely on exaggerations to prove points instead of forming arguments based on perspectives that actually exist. (Considering I'm holding Hanson, and not Schwartz, accountable for missing the 48 yard FG in this thread, I'd say that proves how wrong you are.)

Pettigrew is a decent football player. He's pretty good, but makes mistakes. He deserves to be starting, and he's still relatively young. That player is worth a draft pick. That is my perspective, and hasn't changed.

I have always held players accountable, just in a reasonable way. I always said Gosder was "decent, with upside". That statement in itself implies that he has flaws, and I've acknowledged what they are. Raiola is a "decent" center: I've admitted that he gets beaten by big DTs, but so do many of the centers in the NFL.

Stafford makes mistakes. Calvin drops passes. Blah blah blah. I have never said that anyone on this team is perfect... just that I wont be unreasonable in my criticism, and will argue against what I perceive to be unreasonable criticism.

Be glad I wasn't your judge.


Tl- I get your point but here is where I differ


You said you blame Hanson for missing the 48 yard field goal. And you are right. BUT the terrible play calling leading to that kick is why it was 48 yards to begin with. And this year has shown that its not simply a one off issue. This is the Lions philosophy and regardless of the outcome they will continue to do the same thing. That is the problem. That they continue to blow leads because they dont recognize that

a) when it counts they are completely unable to run the ball

b) the spit and bailing wire holding the secondary together will allow the other team to march down the field.

c) that these issues exist and that they fail to adjust their strategy to compensate for their personal issues.

Do i think they need to change personel. Absolutely. But with a cap they can simply go sign better players mid season to fix the problem. At this point they have to use what they have. And the utter failure to recognize that this team simply cannot execute the plan they have laid out is ON THE COACHING STAFF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35483
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I have always held players accountable.

Laughing

The natural flow of things here at FF:

Phreak: *exaggeration*
Poster: *reasonable explanation*
Phreak: *Emoticon*

It's embarrassing.

Laughing

TL: -Lie, exaggerate, defend, blame others for what he has done-

Laughing
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26799
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I have always held players accountable.

Laughing

The natural flow of things here at FF:

Phreak: *exaggeration*
Poster: *reasonable explanation*
Phreak: *Emoticon*

It's embarrassing.

Laughing

TL: -Lie, exaggerate, defend, blame others for what he has done-

Laughing
Wow, are we 3 years old around here?
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25941
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I have always held players accountable.

Laughing

The natural flow of things here at FF:

Phreak: *exaggeration*
Poster: *reasonable explanation*
Phreak: *Emoticon*

It's embarrassing.

Laughing

TL: -Lie, exaggerate, defend, blame others for what he has done-

Laughing


TL gave you a very reasonable explanation on his thoughts about the players.

How about you kiss and make up?

We could sell tickets and give the proceeds to the Lions to help with their cap situation. Laughing
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35483
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
TL gave you a very reasonable explanation on his thoughts about the players.

No, he gave the same tired old answer he does to everything.

"Why don't you blame the coaches TL?"

"Because it is on the players"

"Why don't you blame the players TL?"

"because it is on the coaches"

I have came to believe he doesn't have an opinion. He is just Switzerland laying around waiting to start arguments with others. Without realizing how foolish it looks to anybody paying attention.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26799
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
TL gave you a very reasonable explanation on his thoughts about the players.

No, he gave the same tired old answer he does to everything.

"Why don't you blame the coaches TL?"

"Because it is on the players"

"Why don't you blame the players TL?"

"because it is on the coaches"

I have came to believe he doesn't have an opinion. He is just Switzerland laying around waiting to start arguments with others. Without realizing how foolish it looks to anybody paying attention.
lol
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group