Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaking it down; why are there leaks in the Longboat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Well, this team has been overachieving so far this year, so it's I'm not sure it makes sense to talk about a leaky boat.

I want to see how everyone performs in December, both individually and collectively before jumping to any conclusions.

There is a lot of uneven play and general uneveness with the organization. Hence the leaks.
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
milanb wrote:
Well, this team has been overachieving so far this year, so it's I'm not sure it makes sense to talk about a leaky boat.

I want to see how everyone performs in December, both individually and collectively before jumping to any conclusions.

There is a lot of uneven play and general uneveness with the organization. Hence the leaks.
all of which was to be expected..
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
milanb wrote:

Not necessarily. There should be some progression. And while there is progression in some areas, other areas aren't.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Captain Viking wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
milanb wrote:

Not necessarily. There should be some progression. And while there is progression in some areas, other areas aren't.

Which is to be expected, a rebuilding team cant fix everything in two offseasons. The vikes have largely gutted its roster, its going to take several successful drafts to get the talent level up to par. a lot of people point to the 49ers for such a quick turn around, but if you look there roster, they have been drafting great since 2007. The missing piece was the head coach and QB. The Vikings had a roster full of holes due to the failures of the past regime to identify players to fill future needs.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Which is to be expected, a rebuilding team cant fix everything in two offseasons. The vikes have largely gutted its roster, its going to take several successful drafts to get the talent level up to par. a lot of people point to the 49ers for such a quick turn around, but if you look there roster, they have been drafting great since 2007. The missing piece was the head coach and QB. The Vikings had a roster full of holes due to the failures of the past regime to identify players to fill future needs.

3 off-seasons.

But the 2010 and 2011 drafts are pretty bad. I'm looking at Ponder's progression as a player. I'm looking at Rudolph.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

3 off-seasons.

But the 2010 and 2011 drafts are pretty bad. I'm looking at Ponder's progression as a player. I'm looking at Rudolph.

The 2010 draft did not reflect the reality of this team and its hard for me to knock the current regime for it. that draft was clearly a win now type draft with little regard for the future.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

3 off-seasons.

Rudolph is one of the few bright spots on the offense. Good blocker, good reciever, amazing red-zone threat. Dude has 8 touchdowns already. The 3 games where we hardly threw him the ball hurt his yardage stats a bit, but overall he's been a pretty good player for us.

Going forward, I think he has the potential to be a 600-800 yards ~10 td TE on a yearly basis. He won't evern be a 1,000 yard TE like Tony G, Gronk, Graham or Witten, but he'll be a great all-round TE, and a touchdown machine.

PS: 2010 draft looks horrible in hindsight. Cook is always injured, Gerhart a back-up, and Griffin a rotational player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: