Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans vs. Texans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9947
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats alarming to me is under Munch the Titans are a total 3-7 in divisonal games with 1 of those wins being against Houstons backups in Week 17 and where 0-4 this year. If you cant win those games you have no shot at the Playoffs. Players an coaches need to check themselves at the door because these performances just arnt good enough
Now on the bright side we might get Cleveland and Miami for next years schedule
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1679
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, although the game was basically a car wreck, I did get to see something pretty reassuring. I got a chance to see the true character of Jake Locker. Today he really proved to me that he is a true gamer. He got knocked around, picked off several times, had passes batted, got victimized by his own receivers and costly penalties. In spite of all of that, the dude put on a gritty performance to the bitter end with some sharp passes and gutsy runs. He didn’t seem to get flustered at all, he just kept on fighting to get back in it. This was one of the character questions I had when we first drafted him, and today I got my answer. Yes he had a rough day and his stats were bad, but this shows a lot of promise for our future with him as our leader. The truth is anybody can look good and put up a fight when they’re winning or having a competitive shootout, but this was very good to see under these circumstances on a team as bad as ours. So for me, this game wasn’t a total loss.

As far as a coaching change people are steadily crying about, I think Munchak is the guy we need. I’m not going to throw him under the bus just because we’re looking like crap only 2 years into his term. He needs time for the process to happen. Everything doesn’t always happen in just a year or two, especially when you have a team as young as ours. Look at Kubiak and the Texans. Look at how they started out vs. where they are now. Hopefully we won't take as long, but you get the point. Hell, Jeff Fisher had almost 20 years to make something happen, and he went only 6 for 17 in winning seasons. Most of the time (post Greg Williams), we endured a lot of blind stubbornness, bland middle-of-the-road talent as starters, milquetoast defensive schemes and overall approach. At least Mike’s already shown that he will make changes both on the field and in the coaching staff. I just think we need to instill more aggression on both sides of the ball. But “killer instinct” is something I’ve been wanting for years, and I believe Mike will give that to us. We have to see how the new OC will work out, but we need to find a DC who’s willing to do that.

As a final note, I’d cut my loses and just inactivate Michael Griffin for the remainder of the season and look to trade or cut him this offseason. At this point, the guy is just completely useless. There's no reason to even let him suit up. He can’t tackle, barely covers, always takes bad angles, and can’t run support. He’s really more of a liability to us than a benefit. I’d let someone else start or shift some players around just to experiment and see what we got. At this point, what do we really have to lose?

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck


Last edited by Dionysus on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10379
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing further anyalsis from announcers and people that were able to see the whole field at the game, the WRs really let Locker down.

They weren't able to shake the man-to-man coverage. That was the reason Locker held on the ball. Locker needs to use his legs and run or throw it away but the WRs weren't playing well.
Drops and just the inability to seperate was their downfall.

I think Munchak will get that 3rd year, but I'm also fearful it will get worst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VYoung10


Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Posts: 8956
Location: Billings-406
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
After hearing further anyalsis from announcers and people that were able to see the whole field at the game, the WRs really let Locker down.

They weren't able to shake the man-to-man coverage. That was the reason Locker held on the ball. Locker needs to use his legs and run or throw it away but the WRs weren't playing well.
Drops and just the inability to seperate was their downfall.

I think Munchak will get that 3rd year, but I'm also fearful it will get worst.


There is no doubt to me that some people just have simply given up.
Thankfully, Locker isn't that type of player.
_________________
2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1679
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
After hearing further anyalsis from announcers and people that were able to see the whole field at the game, the WRs really let Locker down.

They weren't able to shake the man-to-man coverage. That was the reason Locker held on the ball. Locker needs to use his legs and run or throw it away but the WRs weren't playing well.
Drops and just the inability to seperate was their downfall.


I think Munchak will get that 3rd year, but I'm also fearful it will get worst.


And that's what was really sad about watching that game. We weren't even playing their best CBs and we still couldn't get seperation. I started noticing that when Jake kept scrambling around and still couldn't find anybody downfield or try to make a pass to WRs with defenders draped all over them. The drops are inexcusable IMO. I don't care if you're a rookie or a veteran, when the ball hits your hands or chest, you make the catch. As far as the route running yesterday...Is it the receivers? Is it the new scheme or the OC? Didn't make sense for them to struggle like that, especially against backups.
_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12960
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
After hearing further anyalsis from announcers and people that were able to see the whole field at the game, the WRs really let Locker down.

They weren't able to shake the man-to-man coverage. That was the reason Locker held on the ball. Locker needs to use his legs and run or throw it away but the WRs weren't playing well.
Drops and just the inability to seperate was their downfall.

I think Munchak will get that 3rd year, but I'm also fearful it will get worst.


It will get worse because that means Gray will probably be back as well. (or we can Gray and hire internally a la Palmer-Loggains)
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9947
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
After hearing further anyalsis from announcers and people that were able to see the whole field at the game, the WRs really let Locker down.

They weren't able to shake the man-to-man coverage. That was the reason Locker held on the ball. Locker needs to use his legs and run or throw it away but the WRs weren't playing well.
Drops and just the inability to seperate was their downfall.

I think Munchak will get that 3rd year, but I'm also fearful it will get worst.


There is no doubt to me that some people just have simply given up.
Thankfully, Locker isn't that type of player.


Lockers play should of been enough to get the team to pull there head out of there butts but im hoping one of these games we see Locker blowup on the sidelines
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
VYoung10


Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Posts: 8956
Location: Billings-406
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
After hearing further anyalsis from announcers and people that were able to see the whole field at the game, the WRs really let Locker down.

They weren't able to shake the man-to-man coverage. That was the reason Locker held on the ball. Locker needs to use his legs and run or throw it away but the WRs weren't playing well.
Drops and just the inability to seperate was their downfall.

I think Munchak will get that 3rd year, but I'm also fearful it will get worst.


There is no doubt to me that some people just have simply given up.
Thankfully, Locker isn't that type of player.


Lockers play should of been enough to get the team to pull there head out of there butts but im hoping one of these games we see Locker blowup on the sidelines


Kind of going along with this...

“Jake’s a real tough kid,” said center Fernando Velasco, who was forced to play one series at right tackle thanks to the rash of injuries on the offensive line. “One of the things I love about him is that he gets sacked or throws a pick, he comes back to the huddle like he just threw an 80-yard touchdown pass.

“That’s the swagger he has. That’s the heart he’s got. Everybody can rally around him in the huddle.”
_________________
2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25947
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans quarterback Jake Locker and Texans defensive end Antonio Smith confronted each other after Sunday’s game.

“The little young whippersnapper tried to come and tell an old cat how to play football,” Smith said. “He just came up to me. He faked like he was gonna dap me up. And like grabbed my hand and said, ‘I just want to tell you that was a (dirty) block.’ I just told him … are we playing football, or is this something else?”

Locker took exception to a block Smith threw on Titans center Fernando Velasco with about two minutes remaining in the game during linebacker Darryl Sharpton’s interception return.

Smith was flagged for a personal foul on the play.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/texans-notes-on-locker-smith-tiff-mercilus-and-more/

Jake standing up for Velasco after the game. What a stud.

Also, I don't like Antonio Smith. One bit. What an arrogant and BS response.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 24153
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that whole D is full of a bunch of cocky clowns. Then again they are 11-1 so I guess you can be cocky. His celebration is dumb though. Way to be a leader Jake. At least he cares.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10379
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Yea that whole D is full of a bunch of cocky clowns. Then again they are 11-1 so I guess you can be cocky. His celebration is dumb though. Way to be a leader Jake. At least he cares.


Well, only time that they have been this high. It is going to be rewarding when they get beat in the playoffs.
They aren't as "complete" as people say. They always come out on offense that first series and score then struggle the rest of the way....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kamikazepants


Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Posts: 1848
Location: Chattanooga, TN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
Titans quarterback Jake Locker and Texans defensive end Antonio Smith confronted each other after Sunday’s game.

“The little young whippersnapper tried to come and tell an old cat how to play football,” Smith said. “He just came up to me. He faked like he was gonna dap me up. And like grabbed my hand and said, ‘I just want to tell you that was a (dirty) block.’ I just told him … are we playing football, or is this something else?”

Locker took exception to a block Smith threw on Titans center Fernando Velasco with about two minutes remaining in the game during linebacker Darryl Sharpton’s interception return.

Smith was flagged for a personal foul on the play.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/texans-notes-on-locker-smith-tiff-mercilus-and-more/

Jake standing up for Velasco after the game. What a stud.

Also, I don't like Antonio Smith. One bit. What an arrogant and BS response.


Meh, this is a guy that got fined for kicking a guy earlier in the season (albeit it was Richie Incognito) Laughing He doesn't know any better Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10379
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know where to post this...but looking at the Giants WRs make plays for their QB makes me feel our core isn't as good as we all think they are....

I really wanted Nicks... Sad

But, Wright has drop spells sometimes, Washington and Britt disappear to often. They are our vets and they drop passes, un-excusable.

Cook wanted the ball more he received a season high targets almost and didn't make the play when needed....

Ughhh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niznag74


Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Posts: 7095
Location: Mooresville, NC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st game I was able to go to in Tenn. Had a lot of fun even with the loss. Before the game started I got there to get some of the players to sign a football I had with me, the most interesting thing that morning was Jared Cook came over to sign and was talking about some offense changes. Seems like the plan is to get him a lot more looks each game. He got a lot this game, wish they could have turned out better. Other then that I took notice that the WR are having a real hard time getting any space down field. Even with Jake running around to buy more time they couldn't get open for him. It was really hard to watch him keep working so hard and not getting any help at all.

On a side note, I got a lot of plays to sign, Tommie Campbell, Jared Cook, Jake Locker, Jason McCourty, Derrick Morgan, Coty Sensabaugh, Craig Stevens, Alterraun Verner, Kendall Wright, Collin Mooney, and Munchak came over too. All of them signed pretty many, but only McCourty, Verner, and Locker signed for everyone there that wanted one. Alot of the players wouldn't sign at all like Griff, CJ, Wimbley, and Roos. Alot of the people there said that CJ never signs and is a real jerk when they ask him too. Most of them just walk away and don't look over. They all looked pretty tired and let down over the loss, but some of them talked to you and were real nice like McCourty. Britt also came out and signed a bunch on the way to his car, but I missed him. The coolest part was Wright had me throw him my ball over the fence to sign it for me.

Overall, it was a really cool trip, but wish we could have won. We sure had a lot of chances there in the end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ockham


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 3195
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niznag74 wrote:
1st game I was able to go to in Tenn. Had a lot of fun even with the loss. Before the game started I got there to get some of the players to sign a football I had with me, the most interesting thing that morning was Jared Cook came over to sign and was talking about some offense changes. Seems like the plan is to get him a lot more looks each game. He got a lot this game, wish they could have turned out better. Other then that I took notice that the WR are having a real hard time getting any space down field. Even with Jake running around to buy more time they couldn't get open for him. It was really hard to watch him keep working so hard and not getting any help at all.

On a side note, I got a lot of plays to sign, Tommie Campbell, Jared Cook, Jake Locker, Jason McCourty, Derrick Morgan, Coty Sensabaugh, Craig Stevens, Alterraun Verner, Kendall Wright, Collin Mooney, and Munchak came over too. All of them signed pretty many, but only McCourty, Verner, and Locker signed for everyone there that wanted one. Alot of the players wouldn't sign at all like Griff, CJ, Wimbley, and Roos. Alot of the people there said that CJ never signs and is a real jerk when they ask him too. Most of them just walk away and don't look over. They all looked pretty tired and let down over the loss, but some of them talked to you and were real nice like McCourty. Britt also came out and signed a bunch on the way to his car, but I missed him. The coolest part was Wright had me throw him my ball over the fence to sign it for me.

Overall, it was a really cool trip, but wish we could have won. We sure had a lot of chances there in the end.
Did he drop it? Smile
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group