Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Webb - QB only in 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I addressed those questions. Both players have shown flashes of good play and ineffective play. Ponder has been given more time, and Webb has had less time, but Webb's numbers as a whole are still inferior to Ponder's. Woudl Webb get better as the starter, where team's game planned for him week in and week out. A lot of Webb's success came when he filled in for Ponder/Favre when the defense didnt anticipate facing a QB like Webb. I would be more curious to see how defenses would respond to Webb as a starter and how he would handle it. There isnt anything that I have seen from Webb to suggest he would be anymore effective as a full time starter, not a reliever.

Even if you believe that, the point is that he deserves a chance. Ponder absolutely doesn't deserve it anymore. How can that be argued against? It's not a stretch at all to say Webb should at least get a crack at it. No one is saying he should just be handed the job (the way Ponder has had it).

I actually wouldnt even be against giving Webb a shot at the starting job, but if you give Webb a shot at the starting job I think you may as well throw MBT in the mix as well.

Okay, I thought you were implying that Webb should not even be considered as the man to replace Ponder. I wouldn't mind MBT being in the mix, either, and that is because competition is a good thing. It brings out the best in those who are primed to excel and the worst in those who can't get the job done. I would definitely give the first crack to Webb. He has earned it. MBT to follow if Webb crashes and burns.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Cantwin1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I addressed those questions. Both players have shown flashes of good play and ineffective play. Ponder has been given more time, and Webb has had less time, but Webb's numbers as a whole are still inferior to Ponder's. Woudl Webb get better as the starter, where team's game planned for him week in and week out. A lot of Webb's success came when he filled in for Ponder/Favre when the defense didnt anticipate facing a QB like Webb. I would be more curious to see how defenses would respond to Webb as a starter and how he would handle it. There isnt anything that I have seen from Webb to suggest he would be anymore effective as a full time starter, not a reliever.

Even if you believe that, the point is that he deserves a chance. Ponder absolutely doesn't deserve it anymore. How can that be argued against? It's not a stretch at all to say Webb should at least get a crack at it. No one is saying he should just be handed the job (the way Ponder has had it).

I'm not sure any of us can say that he deserves a chance. None of us are with them in practice or the film room. For all we know Webb may or may not be ready to start. How does he look in practice? Does he know the playbook? None of us know who deserves what. MBT could be practicing better than both of the other QBs, maybe he deserves a chance? I'm not pro-Ponder, but I'm also not pro-Webb. I don't think either is going to be very effective and I would look for somebody not on the roster for next year, but to suggest that we know what each player deserves as far as starting or not is a bit of a stretch.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cantwin1 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I'm not sure any of us can say that he deserves a chance. None of us are with them in practice or the film room. For all we know Webb may or may not be ready to start. How does he look in practice? Does he know the playbook? None of us know who deserves what. MBT could be practicing better than both of the other QBs, maybe he deserves a chance? I'm not pro-Ponder, but I'm also not pro-Webb. I don't think either is going to be very effective and I would look for somebody not on the roster for next year, but to suggest that we know what each player deserves as far as starting or not is a bit of a stretch.

Agreed we are not there in practice but even with that being said I can tell you why he still deserves a chance. Just look who is starting over him. I don't care how bad you look in practice if during the game your perform. Ponder is horrible so that reason alone is a reason to start him. Even with that being said I'm kind of in the boat to not play webb at all this season. Let ponder suck some more so there is no shot that we move forward with him next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: