Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 UP 5 DOWN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: 5 UP 5 DOWN Reply with quote

UP
1. Chuck
2. Heath
3. Debo strip sack
4. Cortez Allen stepping up
5. Suisham

Honorary: Beachum deserves props

DOWN
1. Ike's injury
2. Phil Simms
3. Wide Receivers not getting open for most of the game
4. The Flip Flopping & Bailing in this forum is horrrrrible..
5. Oh, did I mention Phil Simms[/b]

...you have a forum resume?
SteelerPR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
Play calling on both sides of the ball
Troy & Brown back
OL played well despite the shuffle.
Heath
Ravens fans predicting that they were going to win 37-0...
Knowing that with Ben, the Steelers would have won 37-0.
Happy to see Chuck being emotional after the victory.

Down
Wallace
Ike's and johnson's injuries.
Knowing that if the Refs don't give that spot to Rice on the fourth down play, the Steelers would only be down by one game on division.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 UP 5 DOWN Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
UP
1. Chuck
2. Heath
3. Debo strip sack
4. Cortez Allen stepping up
5. Suisham

Honorary: Beachum deserves props

DOWN
1. Ike's injury
2. Phil Simms
3. Wide Receivers not getting open for most of the game
4. The Flip Flopping & Bailing in this forum is horrrrrible..
5. Oh, did I mention Phil Simms[/b]

+1 but here goes my list:

Up
1. Mendy on the sideline, Dwyer and Redman in. Haley kept true to the ground game this time and it paid off.
2. OL gave ol' Chucky lots of time most of the time. Even the cheapshot that he took was quite late. Beachu looked much better this time around and good move with Mo to LG and T-rex at C. I had no problems with this OL, and I thought they would lose a step in the running game without Adams, but they did well Cool
3. Ol' Chuck - played as he did in the beginning of 2010 but beat the lewisless ravens this time. No problems with him, but there are problems with his receivers (see below)
4. Sushi - he is clutch Razz and nice kickoff out of the corner.
5. 92 is getting his game back, and worilds looks decent. A ravens game isn't the same unless 92 gets a sack / FF Twisted Evil

DOWN:
1. wallace - catch the ball and try to catch the ball (on the endzone play - not even trying). I can't wait for them to get rid of wallace and get draft picks for him
2. sanders letting the ball go - get your game together or get lost.
3. Ike getting hurt, hope it is not bad
4. almost blocked punt
5. Rice having a decent day and part of that looked like blown assignment of the TD which pads his stats.

I enjoyed this game and had a good feeling all the way. Haley called a better game this time and we had a better QB this time. Ravens got the stupid penalty 99 which really put them in a bad spot, but we controlled the Line s quite well. Beachum looked fine to me which is a good suprise ; this OL has depth. I can even tolerate seeing Kugler in the background (when batch was hugging ben) as his OL has been quite improved .Cortez Allen played well, and maybe he will get more reps and get into top form for the playoffs.

Will colon and mendy sit next week?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this doesn't have anything to do with steelers but um, I thought we should give kansas city chiefs props for winning what was a very emotional game after the death of lb Belcher. I just am not sure how to do this, do I congratulate them or do i just say otherwise.

A small sidenote that todd haley was the head coach who signed belcher to chiefs' squad. This was just an emotional game for chiefs but batch as well, he came thorugh for us and he also finally beaten the baltimore ravens. At baltimore. This was a very convincing game for him, mentally and etc. Most of all, he hung in there when he was physically hurt (some unnecessary roughness) but as I told people before; the problem with charlie batch wasn't his lacking of athleticism and age.

Its his being rusty an just unfocused last game. This game proved that.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelerPR wrote:
Up
Play calling on both sides of the ball
Troy & Brown back
OL played well despite the shuffle.
Heath
Ravens fans predicting that they were going to win 37-0...
Knowing that with Ben, the Steelers would have won 37-0.
Happy to see Chuck being emotional after the victory.

Down
Wallace
Ike's and johnson's injuries.
Knowing that if the Refs don't give that spot to Rice on the fourth down play, the Steelers would only be down by one game on division.

these refs are bad, and miss many calls. I just hope down the stretch the refs are good and allow the better teams to win instead of giving games away to the wrong teams.
rollins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups

1. LB unit played extremely well especially in the passing game today.

2. Heath remains most consistent steeler all season.

3. K. Lewis continued his great season.

4. Dwyer, forget his numbers today, this kid runs really hard. Gotta love what he might end up being if our O-Line continues to improve. Remember he is only 23.

5. Haley calling a great game and staying balanced.

Down

1. Injuries once again

2. Interior OL not getting much push in the run game. Hate to say it really missed colon not bullying guys in there.

3. Wallace again showing he is not deserving of 10 mil plus a year. Personally would rather sign back Lewis, extend sanders, and pick up a better back up QB for the price of wallace. Lewis is not a better player but is at a position that is much harder to find as well as being much cheaper.

4. Officials making a few bad calls early on.

5. McClenden not getting enough playing time. This guy get great push when ever i see him in the game.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
We won.

Down
Fan overreactions, including my own.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups:

1. Charlie Batch showing hustle to get out in front lead blocking. Hell, who needs David DeCastro???
2. Mike Tomlin sent a message. The team heard it. Inspired performances everywhere.
3. Heath Miller, our offensive MVP this season
4. James Harrison, for looking more like Deebo than I've seen him look in ages
5. Kelvin Beachum - well hotdog....I'm glad to be wrong on this one, he looked pretty darn good!
6. OC/DC - frickin' oustanding job of adjusting their gameplans
7. Worilds beat an offensive tackle in the NFL for the first time ever (Seriously. I rewatched this about 10 days ago...) dude is really starting to ball out.

Down

1. Sanders - dude...seriously?
2. Ike injured. Can we get a game without having an injury please?
3. Listening to the idiots gush over Boldin's illegal block and Rice's failed 4th down conversion that was gifted to him. Wish they'd shut the hell up about it
4. Punt return units - Brown was greeted by a wall of purple everytime he got the ball. Does anybody block?
5. Rivers, the ultimate choke artist's inability to beat Cinci in the clutch....as usual

a few side points -
there were bad calls on both sides of the ball. I don't have an issue with the officiating.
Gotta do the all-22, but I think Ziggy had himself a good game, as did Worilds and Foote
Troy was quiet. He made it through the game unscathed. We need him to be healthy if we make it to the playoffs. I hate to invoke the 2005 season, but injuries and squeeking through to the playoffs...it's still within the realm of possibility
Legursky does a better job of calling line protections than Pouncey. Our pass pro was outstanding. I really wonder if Pouncey shouldn't just stay at LG for awhile. He really is a mobile guy and is best on the move.
Heath Miller is a beast. That TD score of his was pure Heath. Also, Haley's fake screen pass left Heath so brutally wide open down the middle of the field, THAT is what Arians could never bring.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kethy: I'll ask you the same question: is Pouncey-Legursky better than Colon-Pouncey?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@Kethy: I'll ask you the same question: is Pouncey-Legursky better than Colon-Pouncey?

talk to me Wednesday after the All-22. There are benefits and drawbacks to each. Pouncey @ OG is far more mobile, but doesn't anchor or get as much movement as Colon does.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are luxuries we have with doug legursky. Tonight it showed. Pass protection was excellent. We may have to look further. Colon sure gave us a great push in running gamebut we got to ask ourselves. Which are we; powerful, strong, and bullish or speedy, passing, and flashy?

Got to look at next few games if pouncey stays at lg.
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

up

tomlin

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/696364226.gif?key=450253&Expires=1354514364&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=wV0REQX6taYNtF~CcbSal9wZWDvQkEcZznFGOr6kv4vLu8lZ1rkziN5nWM0sPhzMHufuxAs0Tznits37MlnktHyxexYOThD1c8TqlbO12bNjCiklfJZGBEgGgLNQ9uUKttGHLoK-CWRT4i1LujiC83o~NqzISXgDFT46GncKM7U_

should have punched harbaugh out
C$!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
1: Big Win
2: D Played solid again.
3: Batch played like we know he can
4: Heath (all year)
5: DB's stepped up in a big way today
(Bonus) The Oline looked very solid

Down:
1: Missing Wallace (and Brown) for the easy TD. We still won so its not so bad, but he was WIDE OPEN
2: Turnovers. Ravens to 14 pts of the TOs. Sanders Fumble was just inexcusable
3: WR drops, especially Wallace
4: More Injuries.

Is it just me or are the Steelers good for at least one strip sack a game vs Flacco?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP

1. Offensive playcalling was amazing
2. Charlie Batch played great
3. Defense played great outside of a few mental lapse
4. Cortez Allen and K. Lewis could be the future
5. Win

Down

1. Injuries it's getting crazy
2. Penalty calls
3. Turnovers
4. Cincy winning

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I almost forgot, right after the game, this broad writer for espn, Ashley Fox. She's pretty but man she sound dumber and dumber everytime she wrote about the ravens. I don't really get the love? She made it seem like ravens could have scored 40 pts on us?! Seriously, just be professional and admit that ravens got outplayed by our 3rd string!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: