Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolando McClain
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
I'd say he's absolutely worth taking a chance on. Someone else is going to get him long before us, though.

Why would you say that?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
I'd say he's absolutely worth taking a chance on. Someone else is going to get him long before us, though.

Not saying you are wrong, but he isnt exactly a hot commodity. I can only see 3-4 teams taking a look at them, and thats if they can look past his character issues, lack of dedication to football, lack of mobility and marginal instincts.

I still think he has some potential that he might live up to with some good coaching, but at this point, he is barely backup quality. Thats why the Raiders let him go.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

Not saying you are wrong, but he isnt exactly a hot commodity. I can only see 3-4 teams taking a look at them, and thats if they can look past his character issues, lack of dedication to football, lack of mobility and marginal instincts.

I still think he has some potential that he might live up to with some good coaching, but at this point, he is barely backup quality. Thats why the Raiders let him go.

He hasn't been released yet though. They did suspend him.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders are not cutting him . Just suspending him for the rest of the season. Per Jay Glazer

http://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/274542202477228032

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout the safest player in the draft, Aaron Curry?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

He hasn't been released yet though. They did suspend him.

The hell? I swore I saw he was officially released.

Ehh...dont care either way.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
The Raiders are not cutting him . Just suspending him for the rest of the season. Per Jay Glazer

http://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/274542202477228032

ESPN is now reporting he will be suspended 2 games for conduct detrimental to the team. Also mentioned, he had 4 misdemeanors dropped after appealing and the complaintent not wanting to purse charges. Seems fishy to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd kick the tires on both McClain and Curry
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
i'd kick the tires on both McClain and Curry

We just gotta get them new tires!! Their tires are flat!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on McClain for this year.

I think no. The Raiders didn't demote him because of off field troubles. It was because of on field troubles. Apparently he struggles with grasping some concepts or at least following the plan, they're run D is one of the worst in the league and he struggles in coverage. Rookie Miles Burris has taken over his spot.

I always had concerns about speed and never liked some of his hopping habits. I was reluctant to be a fan of his coming out but not unlike before bought into the Kool Aid by selling myself on his understanding of the game , the leader of Saban's D etc etc.

It would make some sense that he'd be better in a 3-4 ILB role but in this day and age speed and coverage is more vital than size. His lateral speed and shuffle is concerning and as I said he too often hops for my liking.

I'd say he definitely could stand to drop about 10-15 lbs. and it could help.
Id be happy to be wrong but I doubt we take him on at this time of the year. Might be of interest to the Jets...

...you have a forum resume?
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

You know how certain franchises pop their heads up when a former top pick is released (even though he wasn't), and they jump all over that and try to pick him up.

I'm just saying, if he had the tools to go that high in the draft, is still young, and given our poor depth at the position, I think it's absolutely worth a shot.....

......until I've been reading up on some of his issues. Honestly seems like he has way too much baggage to be a Steeler. Especially considering he'd only be a Steeler because he quit on his current franchise. Not exactly a good way to become a Steeler. Probably better off with the draft or FA.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all in

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps he's cut after the season? He had so much potential, but his issues off-the-field and his attitude bug me. I wonder if it's just an Oakland thing? I can't recall him having any of this type of issue in college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: