Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's talk about the Linebackers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Kevin Minter questions.

I think the top of this LB class is beastly. And hes not only come out of the blue and jumped in the mix. But hes passed a few guys while at it.

Developed an amazing instinct for the ball. And he can tackle. Its become an instinct for him to tackle properly. Hes not much on just grabbing a cheap pop. He goes for the bring down.

Couple games like the 2 loses to Florida and Bama. He had great games in those I thought. Games like those, where the OL are fantastic. I noticed he shed blocks very well and made plays.
With guys like Curry flopping after being picked. Tend to pay attention to how they work in that dept now in college. And I thought he did very well, and managed to work his way across the LOS pretty often and nearly anytime he needed to he got back there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I wouldn't touch ilb in this years draft. Lets not forget, Navarro Bowman was a 3rd round pick. We have two 4th round picks as Ilbs. One is a starter (Riley) one could be a starter if Fletch is gone next year (Robinson).

You are jumping the gun on fletch also IMO. He struggled when he was injured. When fletch has been healthy, he's played well- example week 1 and the last two weeks.

I don't think at this time we need to spend a high pick on the LB position. I'd wait to see what we currently try have with these young guys next year. I'd upgrade the secondary. If next year we are struggling at LB, then I'd draft one in round 2 or 3 of the 2013 draft.

Same goes for positions like wr, te, rb, interior Ol and DL. IMO

I really think Carriker and Orakpo being back will help Fletcher. Missing both of them has altered the entire defense.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
The Ds been better but still not very good other than the eagles game. As Woz said the 4-3 makes more sense and no same to it we have more 4-3 personals than 3-4 personals and the fact is our defensive coaching staff are 4-3 staffs ......its probably another good reason why we struggle on defense.

Rex Ryan and Romeo should be our targets for a DC.
thats not what woz said at all and our HC and DC wanted to run a 3-4 D. Hasslett Ran a 3-4 D for a few years in pittsburgh because his head coach (Bill Cowher- wanted it that way- just like Shanahan wants it that way) You continue to ignore that fact. I'm sorry, but I've never seen a more false statement before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont believe that Orakpo is ever going to be healthy. Sad Fletcher frustrates me because he gets beat by TEs every time.We need ILB and rush LBs badly.The oline has been fairly solid with out all the injuries of last season.IMO LB,S and CB are our biggest needs this next draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: