Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: Buccanners (6-5) at Broncos (8-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3428
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just sad but I kinda wish we had Talib back
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BucsCanesFan6


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 565
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
This is just sad but I kinda wish we had Talib back


I don't. He wasn't resigning with us, so to get a 4th round pick for him was pretty solid. This is a process, not a 1 yr thing, there was no reason to keep him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4233
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
This is just sad but I kinda wish we had Talib back


You must have missed the highlights today of him getting burned. We're better off with the 4th rounder we got for him, because we can put anyone back there to get burned.

I didn't expect us to win today, and realistically I am proud of how well the defense played.

The offense was bad again today, though. I think the issue is now that Martin is all of a sudden this NFL stud, we try to force him the ball like we did early this season, but that didn't work then and it isn't working now. Martin started having great games when Freeman was playing great. We're trying to run so we can pass, when we actually need to pass so we can run. Freeman needs to be making plays for the offense to work, feeding Martin the ball is just getting him hit 30 times a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28908
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
This is a process, not a 1 yr thing, there was no reason to keep him.

Yup. And we're already a competitive team. Wait til some of these young guys develop and we fill a few more holes. I believe we're on the right track to be able to compete for the division title for the forseeable future.
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 66 Tackles (11 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2909
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos have an elite defense with an offense that gets them a lead and they get really, really tough. Missing Nicks and Joseph against this defense was pretty hard to overcome. We need to somehow keep the o-line in tact better next year, they have done a remarkable job filling in, let's face it, the front seven was just superior to our o-line today. Have to give the Broncos all the credit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mzerv00


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 159
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
The CB situation is first and foremost the result of bad drafting. You can't miss on premium picks on the position. Talib and Myron Lewis should both be entering their primes right now and be part of the top three. Poor free agency acquisition Wright. However, I would like to personally thank Mr. Wright for being a knucklehead and giving the organization a get out of free jail card and being able to rid his contract quickly. Very Happy


I agree with Wright being a poor FA acquisition. I would have rather made more of a push for Jenkins or Finnegan. But there is always next year.

With Wright being suspended, how does that give us a get out of jail card? Does that mean we can cut him and not have to pay is contract?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2909
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mzerv00 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
The CB situation is first and foremost the result of bad drafting. You can't miss on premium picks on the position. Talib and Myron Lewis should both be entering their primes right now and be part of the top three. Poor free agency acquisition Wright. However, I would like to personally thank Mr. Wright for being a knucklehead and giving the organization a get out of free jail card and being able to rid his contract quickly. Very Happy


I agree with Wright being a poor FA acquisition. I would have rather made more of a push for Jenkins or Finnegan. But there is always next year.

With Wright being suspended, how does that give us a get out of jail card? Does that mean we can cut him and not have to pay is contract?


Yes, according to reports after Wright was suspended, his contract had language stating the Bucs weren't required to pay additional guaranteed money on his salary if he was suspended.

I believe he is owed something like $6 or $7 million next year, I can't imagine the Bucs will pay that considering one more suspension and he is gone for a year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7363
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard Johnson, LaQuan Lewis and some Gorrer dude.. Where is Brandon McDonald when you need him?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3366
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect our front office to get this CB position right this offseason via the draft and FA. (Grimes or Porter) I think it's safe to say we will have at least 3 new CB on the roster next year. And for you guys giving Leonard Johnson crap, really? The dude is a rookie undrafted FA and played quite well in the roll he was thrown in. I think he will be a very good nickel if we can have 2 new starting CB next season. Other than another DL, backup RB, and true #1 beast TE, we are pretty set. I can't wait to see how we do next season. All things considered, Schiano has done a phenomenal job this first year. The future is definitely bright.
_________________

Smack ^
#FireLovie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13747
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
And for you guys giving Leonard Johnson crap, really? The dude is a rookie undrafted FA and played quite well in the roll he was thrown in.


Just trying to keep things in perspective, sheesh talk about overreacting. I'm simply watching this game as an unbiased observer. I know he's a rookie UDFA, I know we have little to no pass rush, I KNOW ALL OF THIS. I'm a fan of the same team as you.

As an unbiased observer watching a football team, no, he has played quite poorly in the roll he was thrown into. I love him as a player and think he has potential, but you know what you wrote is not true. The roll he was thrown into was #1 corner, and in that regard, ignoring his rookie status, he stinks. He gets beat basically every time they throw at him.

He has potential and will get better, his problems seem fixable (turn your head around kid!), but as of now, he just gets beat easily on seemingly every throw his way.

It's similar to the Barron situation. I love Barron, he is going to be awesome for a long time for us. The unbiased, clear fact is, he has played poorly so far. He is a rookie and will improve, but AS OF NOW, he gets beat in coverage all the time.

Did I expect better from Johnson? Of course not, he's playing exactly how an UDFA should play as a #1 corner: bad. Did I expect better from Barron? Yeah probably, as such a high pick he has struggled to cover some crappy tight ends, when he was brought in to cover Graham, Tony G...etc. But both will get better.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16422
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
This is a process, not a 1 yr thing, there was no reason to keep him.

Yup. And we're already a competitive team. Wait til some of these young guys develop and we fill a few more holes. I believe we're on the right track to be able to compete for the division title for the forseeable future.
Once you guys get a threat at TE that offense will be close to unstoppable.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3366
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
This is a process, not a 1 yr thing, there was no reason to keep him.

Yup. And we're already a competitive team. Wait til some of these young guys develop and we fill a few more holes. I believe we're on the right track to be able to compete for the division title for the forseeable future.
Once you guys get a threat at TE that offense will be close to unstoppable.

Jared Cook this offseason anyone? I think he will be a FA unless he gets franchised.
_________________

Smack ^
#FireLovie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3428
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman needs to pick his game up...against ATL he missed some huge throws and I dont even know where to start against Denver...
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5666
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I sure did underestimate the Broncos...

We didn't look that bad actually(aside from the DBs as always), It was just Peyton figuring the defense out as he does best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5666
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
This is a process, not a 1 yr thing, there was no reason to keep him.

Yup. And we're already a competitive team. Wait til some of these young guys develop and we fill a few more holes. I believe we're on the right track to be able to compete for the division title for the forseeable future.
Once you guys get a threat at TE that offense will be close to unstoppable.


I have those same thoughts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group