Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Patriots top FA targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked at how many people think Welker is coming back. You think he's going to ask for less money then he did last year and the big one is you really think that with another year the Pats are going to agree to pay him top WR money. I think there's a better chance that they bring someone like Jennings then Welker coming back.

Just becuase they still focus there passing one him means squat they using him up this year.

Last edited by TKOhitter8737 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
Shocked at how many people think Welker is coming back. You think he's going to ask for less money then he did last year and the big one is you really think that with another yearthe Pats are going to agree to pay him top WR money. I think there's a better chance that they bring someone like Jennings then Welker coming back.

Just becuase they still focus there passing one him means squat they using him up this year.
Welker's a year older and his value outside of New England was questionable anyway. Most of the teams that would use him with the same effectiveness and frequency as the Pats do already have a player cut from the same cloth on their roster.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:
Shocked at how many people think Welker is coming back. You think he's going to ask for less money then he did last year and the big one is you really think that with another yearthe Pats are going to agree to pay him top WR money. I think there's a better chance that they bring someone like Jennings then Welker coming back.

Welker's a year older and his value outside of New England was questionable anyway. Most of the teams that would use him with the same effectiveness and frequency as the Pats do already have a player cut from the same cloth on their roster.

Yeah, it's not (and IMO has never been) a money issue. It's a matter of years.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:

I think it was both but still why would they both agree on years.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:

I think it was both but still why would they both agree on years.

I'm not sure Welker could get a good enough 3+ year offer elsewhere to sway him to leave New England (assuming the Pats offer him a 2 year deal).
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Donut wrote:

Santana might have something left to worth looking at. Not enough to be a 1000 yard WR but a guy that could put up 600 yards, definitely a guy I'd want to sign and go into camp w/.

Yeah, he might be worth a look. I'm not sure he offers more than 2011 Deion Branch though.

As much as I like Moss; that sounds about right. Him being thought of as a number one receiver are long gone. Right now, with the Skins he's. The third option at wideout. And the only reason he's looking good now is because RGIII is playing so well.

That being said I hope he stays in Wash. But if he does leave I wouldn't hate it terribly if he comes to NE.
Better run better run faster than RG3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: