Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manning92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Jonathan Banks would be a steal if we could get him and by the way is Tyrann Mathieu declaring early would he be a late first early second like Jenoris Jenkins last year cause I would definitely take a chance he could play that husky, third safety look or corner for us.

Props to SiLo on the Sig
manning92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.alex okafor DE Texas - a younger Justin Tuck can play inside and out
2. DJ Fluker OT Alabama- gets us a lot younger on the line opposite will Beaty
3. Monte Ball RB Wisconsin- I know I know but at this point its hard to pass on him in the third but him and wilson could be the duo for the next decade.
4.Blidi Wreh-Wilson Conn- Gives us a physical corner to develop with webster aging
6. Cam Lawrence Miss State- kid can ball is all over the field can add solid depth
7.Tavaris King WR Georgia- Talented Murrays first option this year can push other WR's to develop or in the off chance we lose a couple in the offseason

* couldnt remember if we gave up 5th or 4th for Rivers

Props to SiLo on the Sig
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manning92 wrote:
1.alex okafor DE Texas - a younger Justin Tuck can play inside and out
2. DJ Fluker OT Alabama- gets us a lot younger on the line opposite will Beaty
3. Monte Ball RB Wisconsin- I know I know but at this point its hard to pass on him in the third but him and wilson could be the duo for the next decade.
4.Blidi Wreh-Wilson Conn- Gives us a physical corner to develop with webster aging
6. Cam Lawrence Miss State- kid can ball is all over the field can add solid depth
7.Tavaris King WR Georgia- Talented Murrays first option this year can push other WR's to develop or in the off chance we lose a couple in the offseason

* couldnt remember if we gave up 5th or 4th for Rivers

A lot of overrated prospect on your list, IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was 4th round 32nd pick and the Giants were up would you consider drafting Tyrann Mathieu? He can play Safety and add something to our return game. Might even be able to develop into something similar to Antrel Rolle since he played Cornerback in college.
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
If it was 4th round 32nd pick and the Giants were up would you consider drafting Tyrann Mathieu? He can play Safety and add something to our return game. Might even be able to develop into something similar to Antrel Rolle since he played Cornerback in college.

towards the bottom of the fourth round, i'd definitely take that flier. doesn't have the measurables that Janoris Jenkins had coming out last year and will have sat out an entire year so i don't see nay way he sniffs Jenkins' #39 draft position. combine may prove critical for Honeybadger with having sat out an entire year (conditioning??).
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

towards the bottom of the fourth round, i'd definitely take that flier. doesn't have the measurables that Janoris Jenkins had coming out last year and will have sat out an entire year so i don't see nay way he sniffs Jenkins' #39 draft position. combine may prove critical for Honeybadger with having sat out an entire year (conditioning??).

You talking about mathieu? The corner who almost won heisman and being available in the late 4th? Even with off field issues, the kid will be in the top 2 rounds.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
dkebones

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

You talking about mathieu? The corner who almost won heisman and being available in the late 4th? Even with off field issues, the kid will be in the top 2 rounds.

yeah. that same kid who also hasn't seen a football field in 14 months by the time the combine comes around. the same one that is 5'9" 175lbs. that same one.
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

yeah. that same kid who also hasn't seen a football field in 14 months by the time the combine comes around. the same one that is 5'9" 175lbs. that same one.

Yeah, he's really undersized. Being heisman finalist doesn't mean it'll translate into the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

Yeah, he's really undersized. Being heisman finalist doesn't mean it'll translate into the NFL.

I wouldn't say really undersized...there are plenty of DB's that are under 6'0 and 200 pounds. The kid is also listed at 190 not 175. Polamalu is 5'10 and 190. I'd take him out of college to play safety for us Razz

Not that I'm saying we should draft him mind you. I'd rather see us go with Seattle-sized DB's that can knock a WR off their routes or fly around the middle of the field.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, what do you think about BYU senior defensive end Ezekiel Ansah in round 1? With players like Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck on the wrong side of 30, it might be worth looking at adding another potentially dynamic pass rusher opposite Jason Pierre-Paul. I see Ansah as potentially being able to handle a role similar to how Tuck is used by the Giants by sliding inside to defensive tackle occassionally.

Thoughts?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Hey guys, what do you think about BYU senior defensive end Ezekiel Ansah in round 1? With players like Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck on the wrong side of 30, it might be worth looking at adding another potentially dynamic pass rusher opposite Jason Pierre-Paul. I see Ansah as potentially being able to handle a role similar to how Tuck is used by the Giants by sliding inside to defensive tackle occassionally.

Thoughts?

I think that may be a popular pick for us if he falls to our range given the success we've had with JPP. scary how many similarities between the two. i think the thing that I like about Ansah the most is he seems more ready to play the run, which, given what it looks like we might be facing in the NFC east over the next 5 years is no small beans.

but given the similarities and success that JPP has had, I don't think that its out of the realm that Ansah goes way high, especially given his freakish athleticism and measurables.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Thoughts?

I think that may be a popular pick for us if he falls to our range given the success we've had with JPP. scary how many similarities between the two. i think the thing that I like about Ansah the most is he seems more ready to play the run, which, given what it looks like we might be facing in the NFC east over the next 5 years is no small beans.

but given the similarities and success that JPP has had, I don't think that its out of the realm that Ansah goes way high, especially given his freakish athleticism and measurables.

I definitely agree with you. I think one of the reasons that Ansah hasn't necessarily put up the type of statistics that some people look for (mostly sacks) has alot to do with how he is used. He plays all over the place for BYU, DE, OLB, DT, NT, etc., etc! So in that way I think his versatility is a huge plus and would definitely help the Giants when coming up with a gameplan to maximize his abilities right out of the gate.

As I mentioned before, Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck are getting older and considering how important having a defensive line rotation is to the success of the Giants defense, Ansah could be an excellent pick to bridge the gap and settle in as a bookend opposite Jason Pierre-Paul.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: