Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dove Valley - Official Front Office Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Dove Valley - Official Front Office Thread Reply with quote

Dove Valley - Official Front Office Thread
To discuss annual coaching staff and front office changes...

- - -
Original Opening Post:
- - -
Elway still on a Rocky Mountain high
http://usat.ly/ZwGn2i

I found this interesting article about John Elway on USAtoday.com and thought that it could serve as the inaugural post of a new thread in which we can share articles, interviews and thoughts specifically dealing with members of the Front Office and coaching staff, cap numbers etc. ...

Everything related to the Denver Broncos not concerned with the players can now be posted here (unless the mods think otherwise).

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Last edited by BroncoinGermany on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:12 am; edited 2 times in total
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an excellent article. Great reporting there by USA Today.

And it is 100% correct. The job Elway has done has been phenomenal, the only moves we can really question at this time is the Osweiler pick and relying on Ty Warren to solidify the DT spot.

When one looks at the mess Elway walked in to - and make no mistake Mac was an unmitigated disaster - the fact that he was able to turn things around so quickly is all the more impressive. Yes, Peyton Manning raises all boats at Fox likes to say, but the organization, even before Manning arrived here, was on a major upswing.

It's possible that Peyton wins league MVP, Von wins DPOY and Elway wins Executive of the Year.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, Elway getting Manning has been the most impactful move since McDaniels left this Franchise. That said, two other decisions stand out to me.

Firstly, hiring John Fox as Head Coach. Josh McDaniels failed in a lot of areas, but his lack of people skills for anyone who wasn't an ex Patriot or stat happy WR were just awful. His whining carried no weight and quite frankly, he never earned the respect of the most of our team, and as a result morale dropped to maybe an all time low around Dove Valley. That is why Fox was such a good hire. Players love and maybe more importantly, respect Fox. He is a positive Coach who loves to motivate his guys. Not with slogans (stolen from the Patriots) of "do your job" around the facilities; he is a people person.

Secondly, our FO's decision to draft Von Miller. I have been back to that 2011 draft thread many times; Von Miller wasn't the pick this forum as a whole wanted at #2. Many, many people disliked the pick because DT was the bigger need and Dareus was the more 'obvious' choice. Dareus has had a decent impact in Buffalo, but is he a game changer? Meh, not in the slightest. Von Miller is maybe the best Defensive player in the NFL right now, and he is only half way through his 2nd year in the NFL. Read that sentence again ... He impacts nearly every play that our Defense is on the field, and you can see from a mental aspect he is only getting better. We are looking at a player who if he stays healthy, can go down as one of the best players to ever play in the NFL - think about that. Elway hit 800 home runs with this guy, and he deserves all the plaudits in the world for the pick because he wasn't everyone's choice, and that includes the 'experts' too.

Combine these two points with us getting Manning, and you have a Franchise that is on the move towards a Championship. We aren't an elite team by any stretch, but it sure is good to be a Bronco fan this year.

MUFC OK
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread hasn't gotten as much attention as i thought it would.

Anyway, i am going to add that i think the Elway/Fox alliance has worked out extremely well thus far.

I really don't think that Elway and Fox have identical views on how to build a team nor do i think they agree on potential player additions in both FA and the draft.

I think this is a good thing. While Elway is still the man in charge and the final decision maker, all accounts seem to indicate that this really is a pretty equal effort from Elway/Fox and even the coaching staff. I remember reading that Denver (i presume Elway mostly) was not sold on who to select with Denver's first pick last year and it was Del Rio who came in and made the pitch for Derek Wolfe.

As of now i really think there is a nice balance and input throughout upper management of the organization and IMO, it just makes the future even brighter in Denver.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirkpatrick, DeCastro and Wolfe are all the players I know who were specifically linked to us. Of course the first two were picked before we could submit a selection, so JDR - if he indeed was the one pushing hard for Wolfe - had the opportunity to make the case for Derek. I agree that Elway obviously trusts his knowledge and insticts but is not afraid to listen to other football people in the building. Now, I don't know what would have happend if Dennis Allen was still in charge of our D, but still... Elway does not seem to cling to his title and the power that comes with it. The Anti-Jerry Jones, so to say.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest surprise of the good article was the by-line: "Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports". I was curious where she went after I saw several new writers at the Denver Post.

Lindsay's latest piece is on Brandon Stokley:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2012/11/30/denver-broncos-wide-receiver-brandon-stokley-comeback-season/1737137/
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echoing what I brought up in the Ravena GDT few weeks ago, this article does indicate how strength and conditioning coach Richesson has been another key acquisition by Elway this offseason. This season, all the stars seem to just aligne perfectly.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-1965.html

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Echoing what I brought up in the Ravena GDT few weeks ago, this article does indicate how strength and conditioning coach Richesson has been another key acquisition by Elway this offseason. This season, all the stars seem to just aligne perfectly.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-1965.html

the stars did align this year buddy. Dec 21st. This is Denvers year.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Koppen dude. Great signing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Dan Koppen dude. Great signing.

Jacob Hester too. Amazing he was available.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
According to a Lindsay Jones tweet, Broncos deny Chargers permission to interview Matt Russell.

Good! Personally I think they should deny that to any active staff until after our last game.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Russell was also not interested in leaving.

I think he's done a great job and I wouldn't be surprised if he was our GM in the next year or two.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Good! Personally I think they should deny that to any active staff until after our last game.

me too!
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

I don't like that idea. I'm actually a Russell fan, so I'm glad he's here, but teams become attractive spots for coaches because they let the coordinators pursue opportunities.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: