Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeAngelo Hall Fined For Hit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: DeAngelo Hall Fined For Hit Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103072/article/deangelo-hall-fined-for-washington-redskins-fouls

The NFL fined DeAngelo Hall $36,750 for his hit to Dez Bryant's face (and another unspecified foul). I bring it up because I thought Dez demonstrated remarkable restraint. Part of me actually wanted Dez to beat the snot out of Hall. You could see Dez start to throw the punch but he held himself back.

What impressed me the most was that it was clear that Hall was baiting Dez. Hall would have been happy if both he and Dez got tossed. I think Hall was looking for a way out. But, Dez didn't give in when every natural instinct in his body was telling him to beat the crap out of Hall.

Could this be an indication that Dez is maturing?

DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dez would have hit Hall this whole forum would have been screaming to get his immature arse out of town. Even though Hall deserved to be hit. My first thought was "wow Dez is in a tough situation there. Caught between fighting for his dignity and trying to change a reputation of immaturity, mental breakdowns, and violence." I think he made the wise choice, and it's a decision that he probably wouldn't have made a year ago. Good for him. If you would take his credit when taking his credit is due, then you have to be willing to give it too. Good job, Dez. I see ya buddy!

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: DeAngelo Hall Fined For Hit Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Could this be an indication that Dez is maturing?

In short: Yes.

Honestly how many of us could honestly say if we were in the same position we would not react...violently?

In the heat of the moment. Adrenalin is already pumping. Against an adversary you do not like. And he takes an aggressive act right at you. Yeah - honestly. All hell would break loose with me.

Dez is growing, right before our eyes. And frankly, the last three weeks (and mind you I did miss a lot of the middle games this year) he has been an outstanding WR. If Dez is starting to tap into his ability - and this is the result. Then wow, what happens when he fully harnesses it?

Dez still has work to do. But dammit if he doesn't grow on you.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4702248/dez-bryant-i-want-tony-romos-total-trust

I know this article is kinda a 'duh.' But still. Encouraging.

In Redball I Trust!
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a huge supporter of Dez and never really understand why people wanted Dez gone. His passion for the game is the best on the team as of right now.

My favorite player of all time was Michael Irvin(loved Drew Pearson as well) but im so happy to see 88 rise up and start to be a star again. Nobody can bring the passion that Irvin did and what he did for his team mates but if Dez is turning the corner and can use his passion to bring out the best in his team mates only good things will happen.

Great job Dez man keep up the good work and keep doing what you are doing man.

props to Joe_is_the_best
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously I have always thought Dez Bryant needed a slap and assumed one of the veterans in the locker room would have done it by now so that was nice to get to see. I also hate Hall so him getting fined is nice too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isnt the leauge looking into this for a suspension? There is no way around that slap. Everyone wants to scream ay Suh for being pulled down an his apparent flop that could go both ways. I know that Suh has a history of being nasty, so does Hall.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just fyi.. the dez Bryant bandwagon has taken off. All you haters (esp mh) can not join now. Sorry Charlie.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Just fyi.. the dez Bryant bandwagon has taken off. All you haters (esp mh) can not join now. Sorry Charlie.

Just for your info I have never said anything bad about Dez, I can say im one of very few that didnt want to get rid of Dez never could understand it. His "off field" problems wasnt something I thought deserved such hate.

I was happy when we drafted him and im happy now that we still have him. He has put up very decent stats and only getting better. Besides who are you to say who can be on the Dez train and who cant. Personally I think the more fans cheer for our players the better.

That being said I cheer for the Dallas Cowboys, if Dez or any other player goes to another team wish em well but I no longer really cheer for them. Im Star first players last type of guy. I cheer for EVERY player on our team to succeed and do well

props to Joe_is_the_best
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Just for your info I have never said anything bad about Dez, I can say im one of very few that didnt want to get rid of Dez never could understand it. His "off field" problems wasnt something I thought deserved such hate.

I was happy when we drafted him and im happy now that we still have him. He has put up very decent stats and only getting better. Besides who are you to say who can be on the Dez train and who cant. Personally I think the more fans cheer for our players the better.

That being said I cheer for the Dallas Cowboys, if Dez or any other player goes to another team wish em well but I no longer really cheer for them. Im Star first players last type of guy. I cheer for EVERY player on our team to succeed and do well

Bro, your good. Your on board the bandwagon.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Grachuus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall is a compete waste of talent.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am man enough to admit when I was dead wrong on a player.

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So over in Redskins land they are peeved how much more Hall was fined than Jenkins - one even going so far as to claim that what Jenkins did was worse.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: