Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dcash4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Charlie Batch is experience but only capable of certain things. I'm not saying cut the field in half, but limiting the playbook in general.

I stated last week Charlie Batch should only be throwing slants, bubble screens, RB/TE screens, drag routes, hooks, flare passes and a occasional deep pass. I think that is a simplistic enough and diverse enough offense that can maximize Charlie Batch's decision making.

The Steelers can't expect Charlie Batch to do anything that requires arm strength. Similar to the out he threw to Burress for a pick or the ability to fit passes into tight windows.

I'd say have Charlie Batch do his best Joe Flacco impersonation this week.

That was the thing that bothered me about watching him last Sunday. He couldn't make some NFL throws. I just question that with Batch, if that's all he has as far as arm strength (couldn't get a 10 yard out, or curl) at what point are you limiting yourself too much?

First string, second string, third string, practice squad. As a quarterback, even with the best game plan and a stellar defense- at some point you will be asked to win a game. Its just part of the job description. After watching last week, i just highly questioned whether his physical tools will allow him to do it anymore.

Obviously, the coaching staff knows more about football now, then i could ever hope to learn in a lifetime. Maybe it was a one week thing, i really dont know. But it has never felt like they have tried to hard to get rid of Batch (Jerrod Johnson, Troy Smith, kid from Oregon (not dixon) are not the answer). All in all, I guess I just want to see a little more out of him.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Charlie Batch is experience but only capable of certain things. I'm not saying cut the field in half, but limiting the playbook in general.

I stated last week Charlie Batch should only be throwing slants, bubble screens, RB/TE screens, drag routes, hooks, flare passes and a occasional deep pass. I think that is a simplistic enough and diverse enough offense that can maximize Charlie Batch's decision making.

The Steelers can't expect Charlie Batch to do anything that requires arm strength. Similar to the out he threw to Burress for a pick or the ability to fit passes into tight windows.

That was the thing that bothered me about watching him last Sunday. He couldn't make some NFL throws. I just question that with Batch, if that's all he has as far as arm strength (couldn't get a 10 yard out, or curl) at what point are you limiting yourself too much?

First string, second string, third string, practice squad. As a quarterback, even with the best game plan and a stellar defense- at some point you will be asked to win a game. Its just part of the job description. After watching last week, i just highly questioned whether his physical tools will allow him to do it anymore.

Obviously, the coaching staff knows more about football now, then i could ever hope to learn in a lifetime. Maybe it was a one week thing, i really dont know. But it has never felt like they have tried to hard to get rid of Batch (Jerrod Johnson, Troy Smith, kid from Oregon (not dixon) are not the answer). All in all, I guess I just want to see a little more out of him.

The Steelers defense scored last week. If not for all the fumbles I don't think Batch throws 3 INTs. Batch didn't throw a pick the entire first half, but the Steelers fumbled the ball 3 times are there side of the field yielding into 10 pts for the browns.

Charlie Batch had issues but he was far from the reason the Steelers lost that game. The RBs completely flip the game and changed how the Steelers wanted to approach the game. The Steelers clearly want to establish the run and give Charlie Batch a bunch of play action.

If Dwyer holds onto the ball and produces 70+ yds on the ground and at least a TD. I think the Steelers have a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Dcash4 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

The Steelers defense scored last week. If not for all the fumbles I don't think Batch throws 3 INTs. Batch didn't throw a pick the entire first half, but the Steelers fumbled the ball 3 times are there side of the field yielding into 10 pts for the browns.

Charlie Batch had issues but he was far from the reason the Steelers lost that game. The RBs completely flip the game and changed how the Steelers wanted to approach the game. The Steelers clearly want to establish the run and give Charlie Batch a bunch of play action.

If Dwyer holds onto the ball and produces 70+ yds on the ground and at least a TD. I think the Steelers have a chance.

I agree that he isnt the the main reason we lost, turnovers in general were.

Not blaming Batch specifically for the loss, more or less questioning the decision to keep him around if his physical abilities are what they showed Sunday. Again, maybe its one game - but i was not encouraged by what I saw.

Just dont see great game plans here. Hard to win with a running game when there is no reason to respect a QBs arm on anything over 10 yards or towards the boundary. Going to see a lot of 8-9 man boxes.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
I agree that he isnt the the main reason we lost, turnovers in general were.

Not blaming Batch specifically for the loss, more or less questioning the decision to keep him around if his physical abilities are what they showed Sunday. Again, maybe its one game - but i was not encouraged by what I saw.

Just dont see great game plans here. Hard to win with a running game when there is no reason to respect a QBs arm on anything over 10 yards or towards the boundary. Going to see a lot of 8-9 man boxes.

I believe if Batch had played the Ravens game the Steelers would of had a better chance to win. Batch has always been a pretty accurate passer which surprised me when he was inaccurate against the Browns. If he plays this week I think he'll be a bit more accurate, but I think also he'll be a little more gun shy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the game, hopefully Batch can get it done.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Ill post some more stuff later....

Well?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Neumatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Well?

All we need is some hotties and we'll be content....

Wink

Jamison. on the sig
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendenhall dropped to third on the depth chart, Wallace bumped down to co-starter with Sanders. Think somebody is trying to send a message.....
kmvoss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to visit our GT in the Ravens forum. RTID has put up a good amount of info that provides a clear elucidation for this coming game.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Well?

Sorry....havent been on my computer much this week. Been posting from my phone, and even when I have gotten a chance to sit down at my comptuer, it wasnt long or I was working on something else.

You know I usually put effort into my gameday threads. Just havent had time this time around.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
lionslicer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Well?

Sorry....havent been on my computer much this week. Been posting from my phone, and even when I have gotten a chance to sit down at my comptuer, it wasnt long or I was working on something else.

You know I usually put effort into my gameday threads. Just havent had time this time around.

That's no excuse. Gameday threads are priority number 1.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Well?

Sounds like you need some back-up. JD? Can we have some emergency hotties?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hotties? Welp, we lose!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Well?

End of the semester?

...you have a forum resume?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Do or Die: Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Sounds like you need some back-up. JD? Can we have some emergency hotties?

ALL over it... I sent him this in anticipation of needing a hottie...

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: