Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Colts OC Moore Hired as Offensive Assistant
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
Great hire for the Titans, but I highly doubt the offense will be similar to the Colts of old. Moore implemented his famous system on Manning in 99, and it put everything on Manning's vast intelligence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Locker is not smart enough to implement that system and basically run an offense himself.

It's not that Manning is so freaking smart (which he is), but the guy has a photographic memory. He looks at a page for a few seconds, and knows the play by heart (what the routes are, who lines up where, etc.).

With that big [inappropriate/removed] head, he should have an amazing memory.

"he don't have a forehead, he got a fivehead".

Laughing Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
Great hire for the Titans, but I highly doubt the offense will be similar to the Colts of old. Moore implemented his famous system on Manning in 99, and it put everything on Manning's vast intelligence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Locker is not smart enough to implement that system and basically run an offense himself.

I've never given him an IQ test so I don't know.
Touche

Indeed. I wont go as far and say that Locker is as smart as Peyton Manning football wise, but I would say that he can run the no huddle just as good as Peyton can. He truly excels in that role, seems unstoppable in it at times.

Biased much?

I do think we should be in the no huddle most of the time, especially early in the game. Jake does seem to do a great job with it. But after less than half a seasons starts under his belt I would go nowhere near saying he is as good at running the no-huddle offense as the best person to ever run it in football history.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

That's really not fair to say at this point because we really don't know what Locker is fully capable of or how well he'll develop in this system. He still has yet to even play 16 games combined, let alone start 16, so he's still working through a rookie season. He needs time to develop and take all of his lumps before anybody can determine how well, or if, he can run an offense himself.

Exactly. We all high hopes for Locker and he has showed a lot of poise and promise, but we have to remember it's still early in his career and we have yet to see everything. Hopefully the injury poroblems do not resurface in following years.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with TitanSS. Manning didn't really become the audible heavy QB we remember him as until around 2004, so after five years in the league. And the basic system+roster was assembled by Tom Moore. I don't think it's unrealistic for Locker to become that type of QB; from all I know he's quite smart.

Still, with Taylor Thompson and Jared Cook on the roster, I'm very interested in seeing how we use the Tight Ends. Cook working out of the slot with Stevens on the line could be a very good formation for us; it's beyond me why we don't use it more (probably become Palmer doesn't have nearly as many deep posts and comeback routes as the Tom Moore offense, which makes deep slot plays more valuable).

It's a good move. This guy was the offensive coordinator for one of the best offenses in history, and groomed one of the best QBs in history. There's no real downside and a good bit of upside.
TitanJo33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a nice addition I'm excited to see what these guys can do ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: