Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm bored Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8338
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will really beg that Ogletree not be a part of mocks for the Steelers. The dude is 2-3 years from being a productive ILB. He is the mirror image of Timmons coming out of college. All athletic, No instincts. No experience. The Steelers can not afford another Timmons at ILB
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I will really beg that Ogletree not be a part of mocks for the Steelers. The dude is 2-3 years from being a productive ILB. He is the mirror image of Timmons coming out of college. All athletic, No instincts. No experience. The Steelers can not afford another Timmons at ILB


Like I said, I was looking at it more based on position than player. I like the idea of drafting an ILB with 1st pick. Which ILB would you prefer with the pick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8338
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he comes out...Kevin Minter
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatoradus


Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Posts: 2223
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... Naw, Steelersproven. It's got to do more with people pulling the trigger because of our losing streak. Before our winning streak, we had a losing streak of 2 and people started making mock drafts.

I already have my own mock draft, but not going to post any more until I see more of FCS playoff (there's some players I really like from FCS) and basically, many of mock drafts lately I see are way off the base or overreaction.

No disrespect toward you, sir but I'm just not feeling those mock drafts you know?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11989
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a lot more research and still not enough. Its hard trying to download all these games watch them for one particular person, because I get to into the game.

1. Johnthan Hankins - I think he's just as good as Star Lotulelei and think he'd be a great addition to the Steelers DL. Could give the Steelers a DL rotation for the future. Also he's good enough to play on 3rd downs which would negate some of the rush and pass options teams use against the Steelers.

2. David Amerson - The Steelers need a safety and while Amerson played CB in college he shows more traits of a FS then he does CB. The Steelers get a ball hawking player in the deep secondary to potentially help cause more turnovers.

3. Kyle Van Noy - The Steelers need a pass rusher. Worilds has shown improvement, but really doesn't have that dominant factor Steelers OLB need to have. Van Noy is everything you look for in a OLB speed, power, instincts, coverage, playmaking. He could go as high as the first round, but I think he'll last till at least the 3rd with some bigger names going before him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10075
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I will really beg that Ogletree not be a part of mocks for the Steelers. The dude is 2-3 years from being a productive ILB. He is the mirror image of Timmons coming out of college. All athletic, No instincts. No experience. The Steelers can not afford another Timmons at ILB


yep. my exact thoughts.

I like Kevin Minter.
I like Kiko Alonso later on

I do like Te'o quite a bit as well

Proven, I'm liking that Van Noy fellow too, I gotta watch a bit more, but I lke what I've seen. I'd like him a bit beefier though for our OLB position, but he's young and seemed a bit lanky with room to grow into his frame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grubs10


Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Posts: 1992
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

3. Kyle Van Noy - The Steelers need a pass rusher. Worilds has shown improvement, but really doesn't have that dominant factor Steelers OLB need to have. Van Noy is everything you look for in a OLB speed, power, instincts, coverage, playmaking. He could go as high as the first round, but I think he'll last till at least the 3rd with some bigger names going before him.
I know next to nothing about the guy but I was flipping back and forth between the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson and BYU's bowl game and he was just a monster.

His statline against San Diego State in his final game in college:

8 tackles, 3.5 for loss, 1.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception, 1 blocked punt, 2 touchdowns.
_________________

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35103
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
At this point I feel like everybody who is doing mock drafts now, all are drunk.


Weren't you the guy that said that Dion Jordan could play ILB?

:EDIT:

Even better, you suggested that a large 4-3 DE play nickleback

Gatoradus wrote:
dion jordan himself can play some nickel..


http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15267304&highlight=#15267304

Go home, Gatoradus; you're drunk. Laughing
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 7474
Location: Back in the Playoffs, PA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

3. Kyle Van Noy - The Steelers need a pass rusher. Worilds has shown improvement, but really doesn't have that dominant factor Steelers OLB need to have. Van Noy is everything you look for in a OLB speed, power, instincts, coverage, playmaking. He could go as high as the first round, but I think he'll last till at least the 3rd with some bigger names going before him.
I know next to nothing about the guy but I was flipping back and forth between the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson and BYU's bowl game and he was just a monster.

His statline against San Diego State in his final game in college:

8 tackles, 3.5 for loss, 1.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception, 1 blocked punt, 2 touchdowns.


He sure is rising fast on a lot of lists I've seen lately.
_________________


^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#24


Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 658
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still have to wait until the combine, some guys will rise. Outside of Eric Reid, Kenny Vaccaro (S, Texas) is the #1 safety prospect on some people's boards.
_________________
Allen Iverson and Donovan McNabb. A salute for everything the both of you have done for the city of Philadelphia.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigBiss


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 109
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
grubs10 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

3. Kyle Van Noy - The Steelers need a pass rusher. Worilds has shown improvement, but really doesn't have that dominant factor Steelers OLB need to have. Van Noy is everything you look for in a OLB speed, power, instincts, coverage, playmaking. He could go as high as the first round, but I think he'll last till at least the 3rd with some bigger names going before him.
I know next to nothing about the guy but I was flipping back and forth between the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson and BYU's bowl game and he was just a monster.

His statline against San Diego State in his final game in college:

8 tackles, 3.5 for loss, 1.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 interception, 1 blocked punt, 2 touchdowns.


He sure is rising fast on a lot of lists I've seen lately.


something telles me he wont come out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn l brown


Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 857
Location: cleveland ohio us
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Eric Reid may fall out of the first round. Might want to actually think about staying but I think more exposure may only serve to hurt his stock. He is a playmaker but there are many questions that have had time to percolate.

Brandon Jenkins has one injury a lis-franc foot injury. I would imagine we wont see him test at the combine, perhaps some light workouts near the end of the draft.

Coming into the year I felt he was the best rushing OLB prospect for 2013. I'd be comfortable with the risk in the 3rd round.

We have taken prospects with injury concerns in the past. Casey Hampton & Heath Miller to name a couple, both of which had major questions at draft time.

Lattimore and Mauti have been injured enough to drop both to the bottom of the draft, perhaps a team with extra picks in a mid to late round would be a great option.
All good points but i see Brandon Jenkins falling to the fourth because of injury.But if we took him in the third i would still love the pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kysteeler


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 847
Location: Kentucky
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm bored Mock Draft Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
1. Eric Reid - The Steelers need a young developmental safety. R. Clark has had a few concussions and Troy as been injured almost every year. The Steelers need to get some quality so there isn't much drop off.

2. Brandon Jenkins - There is never a good time for injury but Brandon Jenkins falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round. Great outside pass rusher and one of the main reason the FSU had a huge resurgence on defense.

3.Marcus Lattimore - J. Dwyer isn't going to cut it. The Steelers are going to need some insurance if Dwyer fails to come to camp in shape. With Mendenhall probably gone and Redman probably with a low tender. The Steelers are going to need a viable RB. Lattimore has been injured the pass few years, but I think he's worth a shot.

4. Tyler Bray - The Steelers need to invest in a young back up to mold behind Big Ben. I believe Tyler Bray will fall like Ryan Mallet did.



I honestly think that you could slide the whole draft down a round, and pick someone in the 1st. I would say take a NT in the 1st, but they just signed Ta'amu to the 53, which means they don't want someone offering him a futures contract.

If we lose Wallace, you could have us take a WR in round 1. I would def replace Lattimore with someone, his injury was BAD.

1. Keenan Allen WR Cal
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida St.
4. Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
5. QB

**Not saying this is what I would do, but just an example of what it might look like.

New weapons for the offense, and adding youth to the depth. Assuming Mendy nor Wallace are back, we can bring back Foster, Lewis and Hampton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatoradus


Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Posts: 2223
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteelers' mock draft is the closest of what I can see us doing. Losing Mike Wallace wouldn't hurt us much as the impact is aspected but lack of physical WR is showing.

steelcurtain29, when you watch those tapes, come back talk to me. I also mentioned that he has the potentials and I could see him playing ILB like how we first thought Timmons was better off as a 3-4 OLB, but eventually got pushed inside.

He's a primarily Defensive End for Oregon but he'd been asked to play OLB more than often and it shows his versatility for the defense. I don't go on and make up stuff without facts. Drunk or not, I would have gotten this right, too bad for you.

At this point, Shamarko Thomas>> Eric Reid. If looking at true positions and purpose of roles for individuals on our team, really we have two strong safeties starting. Ryan Clark is more of a strong safety who plays Free Safety. Here is a good gist of the difference.

According to http://football.about.com/od/positionprofiles/a/Strong_Safety_vs_Free_Safety.htm

Quote:
Strong Safety

The strong safety is more tuned in to the running game on the whole. He's a linebacker with the speed of a safety. He has to cover receivers, but has to be a strong force on a running play.

Free Safety

The free safety is the last line of defense on the football field. He's definitely more of a pass-minded defender. His job is to sit back, survey, and attack where needed. Although with the sophistication of some offenses, he will inevitably be required to "fill" on running plays, as he's often the only one unblocked.


Basically when there is a free safety prospect in the draft; his turnovers must be high, for me to be fine with his "roaming" personality as a role, to force turnovers and being the last link of defense, in this case, I see Phillip Thomas as the best free safety prospect. I.E. Chris Hope.

When selecting a safety for our scheme, it is more likely for us to get a strong safety with strong blitzing background (Shamarko Thomas come to mind) because in this draft, it is LOADED with many cover-2 safety prospects. No complain, but because of this, I wouldn't select a safety in 1st round, 2nd round- I'm fine even I foresee us finding a better prospect at other position in 2nd round like a receiver or D-lineman.

I'm not trying to pick on you, Steelerproven, but I hope this draw a picture of my perspection, what I'm seeing you know?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11989
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm bored Mock Draft Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
1. Eric Reid - The Steelers need a young developmental safety. R. Clark has had a few concussions and Troy as been injured almost every year. The Steelers need to get some quality so there isn't much drop off.

2. Brandon Jenkins - There is never a good time for injury but Brandon Jenkins falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round. Great outside pass rusher and one of the main reason the FSU had a huge resurgence on defense.

3.Marcus Lattimore - J. Dwyer isn't going to cut it. The Steelers are going to need some insurance if Dwyer fails to come to camp in shape. With Mendenhall probably gone and Redman probably with a low tender. The Steelers are going to need a viable RB. Lattimore has been injured the pass few years, but I think he's worth a shot.

4. Tyler Bray - The Steelers need to invest in a young back up to mold behind Big Ben. I believe Tyler Bray will fall like Ryan Mallet did.



I honestly think that you could slide the whole draft down a round, and pick someone in the 1st. I would say take a NT in the 1st, but they just signed Ta'amu to the 53, which means they don't want someone offering him a futures contract.

If we lose Wallace, you could have us take a WR in round 1. I would def replace Lattimore with someone, his injury was BAD.

1. Keenan Allen WR Cal
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida St.
4. Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
5. QB

**Not saying this is what I would do, but just an example of what it might look like.

New weapons for the offense, and adding youth to the depth. Assuming Mendy nor Wallace are back, we can bring back Foster, Lewis and Hampton.


Keenan Allen is undersized and don't think he'd be the best option.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group