Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

raiders released Rolando McClain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you all know he wasn't released and most likely won't be for at least another two weeks or until after the season.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspended two weeks--
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103135/article/rolando-mcclain-suspended-by-oakland-raiders
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Ssan11 I seen that this morning, still "if " he is he would be a good pick up for at least a try out until the end of the year.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But dont get me wrong here. If the Skins dont want to take a flyer on him, I am ok with that as well. I don't see why they wouldn't, but it is what it is.

I am all for looking at Ray Maualuga in FA if he is indeed a FA to play along Riley. Would alleviate having to draft a player in the limited pick draft that we have coming in April.

I would actually be really happy if it was just Byrd and Maualuga as our only FA pick ups. This would allow the draft to focus on the secondary to find the potential replacement for D.Hall.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
But dont get me wrong here. If the Skins dont want to take a flyer on him, I am ok with that as well. I don't see why they wouldn't, but it is what it is.

I am all for looking at Ray Maualuga in FA if he is indeed a FA to play along Riley. Would alleviate having to draft a player in the limited pick draft that we have coming in April.

I would actually be really happy if it was just Byrd and Maualuga as our only FA pick ups. This would allow the draft to focus on the secondary to find the potential replacement for D.Hall.

If ATL is comfortable with Dunta and Asante, Brent Grimes may hit the FA market.

I'd be all in for Grimes.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about Grimes. He is 30 years old and coming off a season ending surgery. Not sure I would be wanting to take a flyer on him. Just saying.

When we have the draft picks to actually get someone who is young and can play the game well.

Chris Houston is younger and may be looking to leave out of Detroit so he could be a possibility.

And then what's to say that we don't go after Revis? If we have the money and there are no other FA's that the Skins can sign, then they may try to bank in Revis.

JMO.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of all these free agents as much as you guys, but most of these players will get frachised if they cant get deals done with their team!!!! I could see Byrd a Ray M.(not going to attempt to spell that last name) both get frachised .....just sayn!
Brent Grimes is 30 and Revis is injury proned...careful wht you wish for!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since McClain is not going to be released, I'm going to lock this up. We can re-address picking him up later if/when the Raiders drop him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: