Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keenan Allen - Todd McShay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 375
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
I honestly think I like Hunter the most out of anyone. The upside is just huge.


While i disagree, for arguements sake lets say thats true...

What if he never reaches this potential everyone speaks of?...


Like Ive said before, they have Quick... They dont need another WR that is all potential. They need someone who can play NOW.


all of these guys are just potential at this point. There isn't one receiver in this draft that is a lock to come in and contribute immediately.

for that reason I don't even want to draft a receiver. I'd rather sign one of Bowe, Wallace or jennings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43745
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
I honestly think I like Hunter the most out of anyone. The upside is just huge.


While i disagree, for arguements sake lets say thats true...

What if he never reaches this potential everyone speaks of?...


Like Ive said before, they have Quick... They dont need another WR that is all potential. They need someone who can play NOW.


all of these guys are just potential at this point. There isn't one receiver in this draft that is a lock to come in and contribute immediately.

for that reason I don't even want to draft a receiver. I'd rather sign one of Bowe, Wallace or jennings.


Ahhh but there are risks there too. You gotta pay a significant amount of money to those guys and 2 of those 3 WRs will be 29 and 30 years old next year.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4291
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
I honestly think I like Hunter the most out of anyone. The upside is just huge.


While i disagree, for arguements sake lets say thats true...

What if he never reaches this potential everyone speaks of?...


Like Ive said before, they have Quick... They dont need another WR that is all potential. They need someone who can play NOW.


all of these guys are just potential at this point. There isn't one receiver in this draft that is a lock to come in and contribute immediately.

for that reason I don't even want to draft a receiver. I'd rather sign one of Bowe, Wallace or jennings.


I disagree.
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17003
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big time WR's that get the big money in free agency never work out for whatever reason. Vincent Jackson is trying to change that trend though.

It's just a tough position to judge. There's so many variables.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43745
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Big time WR's that get the big money in free agency never work out for whatever reason. Vincent Jackson is trying to change that trend though.

It's just a tough position to judge. There's so many variables.


Never is a very concrete term. Typically, they don't work out when you overpay for guys who weren't that great in the first place. I could see Jennings not working out because of age and injuries. I think Wallace will work out and I think Bowe will give whoever signs him 3 or 4 years of good production.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 375
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Big time WR's that get the big money in free agency never work out for whatever reason. Vincent Jackson is trying to change that trend though.

It's just a tough position to judge. There's so many variables.


I don't see how anyone can say this with a straight face. If jackson is already working out this year then your conclusion that they never work out is already false.

If you only have to go back one free agent class to prove it wrong than it likely didn't make much sense in the first place.

Even if this was true I can't remember 2 receivers as good as Bowe and Wallace becoming free agents at the same time. Especially when both guys are under 30 and both still are producing(even if there numbers are down because of QB play).

Most good to great WR's who enter the market are past their prime or headcases. Even in these cases a couple of them have worked out. Owens produced with the Cowboys, Rice produced with the Raiders, Lofton with the Bills etc, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MidSouthRam


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 230
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Cordarrelle Patterson
2) Robert Woods

Right now, these are the only two WRs I would select in the first round of this draft class. And I wouldn't select either one of them prior to the bottom 1/3 of the 1st round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 375
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidSouthRam wrote:
1) Cordarrelle Patterson
2) Robert Woods

Right now, these are the only two WRs I would select in the first round of this draft class. And I wouldn't select either one of them prior to the bottom 1/3 of the 1st round.


Woods isn't going to go in the first and I just don't see what others do in him.

Patterson has huge potential but I'm concerned he never becomes a polished receiver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4291
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidSouthRam wrote:
1) Cordarrelle Patterson
2) Robert Woods

Right now, these are the only two WRs I would select in the first round of this draft class. And I wouldn't select either one of them prior to the bottom 1/3 of the 1st round.


Those are 2nd round guys so thats cool.
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
itisthumper


Joined: 14 Mar 2013
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think now? Will he be an elite #1?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4291
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itisthumper wrote:
What do you guys think now? Will he be an elite #1?


An Elite #1?

No

A very good WR?

Absolutely, I said this from day 1.
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43745
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
itisthumper wrote:
What do you guys think now? Will he be an elite #1?


An Elite #1?

No

A very good WR?

Absolutely, I said this from day 1.


Agreed.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group