Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IaR Mock.2013.V004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: IaR Mock.2013.V004 Reply with quote

Now Loading Mock.2013.V004
75%
Now Loaded. Enjoy.

2013 Offseason

Re-signings:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Sam Shields (RFA)
Brad Jones
Tom Crabtree

Leaves via Free Agency:

Greg Jennings
Cedric Benson
Frank Zombo
Rob Francois
Donald Driver (retire)
Erik Walden

Packers trade their 2nd and 4th for a higher 2nd.

2013 Draft

With the 29th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Jonathan Cooper
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 310
Position: G/C
College: UNC

Cooper is a high upside pick as we try to groom him to take over Center after Saturday is done. He also becomes the top interior backup. Now we have a true swing tackle in Newhouse with Sherrod/Bulaga starting and a true interior backup in Cooper. Once he takes over he'll bring a nice physical presence to the middle of our line.

With the 51st overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Kenny Vaccaro
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 218
Position: S
College: Texas

Love Vaccaro. My favorite S prospect in this draft. Does it all for Texas. Needs to refine his game some, but will definitely see the field as a rookie. Burnett is done after 2013 and I'm not sure if he's worth resigning. He's been very underwhelming. McMillian and Vaccaro could be a very very good safety combo in the future.

With the 93rd overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Brian Winters
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 310
Position: OT/OG
College: Kent State

With Bulaga and Sherrod hurt, picking up another T in the draft is preferred for depth purposes should one or both start on PUP. Winters has 49 starts in his collegiate career. He's got all the physical tools, but lacks in form and consistency. Could play 4/5 spots on the OLine, but will most likely end up being a RT or G. Could really help give our run game a kick in the pants, along with Cooper, without sacrificing pass pro.

With the 131st overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Brandon Williams
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 328
Position: DE
College: Missouri Southern

I changed this last second. I had Datone Jones here, but opted to go for a thicker DE, someone who can rotate more in early downs. Jones fit as more of a subpackage rusher. Williams is an every down type of player. Think and strong, he put up eye popping stats his senior season; "68 total tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, two pass breakups, eight quarterback hurries, five forced fumbles and a safety." CJ Wilson will be up for a new contract shortly, and getting another stout DLine player will be a need.

With the 162nd overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Jamie Collins
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 240
Position: OLB
College: Southern Miss

Missouri Southern and Southern Miss prospects in the same draft. Be confused. Collins has a 10+ sack season this year and is very quick off the edge. Will be a nice player for teams where he can essentially work on his game until we need him at OLB. Will be depth behind Matthews, Perry and Moses.

With the 196th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Theo Riddick
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 200
Position: RB
College: Notre Dame

After Cierre Wood went down vs USC, Riddick stole the show notching 179 rushing and receiving yards. He showed good vision and a willingness to finish runs by going through the defender. Needs to add a little to his frame but could be a decent rotational back for us until he does so.

With the 225th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Travis Kelce
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 260
Position: TE
College: Cincinatti

Travis is the brother of Eagles center Jason Kelce. He leads Cinci in receiving with 530 yards. Cinci has produced some decent players in the past few years (Derek Wolfe, Connor Barwin, Jason Kelce, Brent Celek). Travis has size and speed and can, does anyone actually read this lets see boppity boppity buu, he can stretch the field. Would like to see how he would do blocking more, but he definitely has the size. If he's willing he'll be twice the blocker Finley is.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Williams looks like possessed monster. that picture of him should move him up draft boards... haha

i like it. feel like it's definitely an atypical draft though. the first 3 picks are such need picks but i'd be happy with that. good o-line men are just hard to find.

Jennings is just going to leave though. no big name resignings either. Driver and Jennings off the books would clear quite a bit of cap-room.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first three picks. Cooper is the interior lineman that I absolutely want the most and Vaccaro has been a favorite of mine all year. Winters is finally starting to get some recognition, he would be great value in the 3rd.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't fault your mock very much at all. The only thing is after how heavily we invested in RDE in 2012, I don't see us touching that position in 2013.

Other than that, great job!

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riot- The first three picks are easy to love. Rounds 4-7 is what seperates good gm's from bad.

Dain- If anything I think Williams compares to Worthy in that he'd be a base D and Nickel player. Much rather have that type than the NT type.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are parts to this one that I really like. Good value from top to bottom. But if the Packers go into next season with this group of RB's plus Riddick I'll be at some level disappointed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing is, Williams is big enough to play NT in a pinch. Best Mock I've seen so far. Collins could probably even move inside if need be. My only question is, who plays LT?
rbens06

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Cooper and Winters in the one I am working on now, so I can't be upset with them. I like Vaccaro, but I am not on par with you on Burnett, as of right now. However, if that is how it played out with Burnett I would be glad we got Vaccaro.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IaR. I read it man. Bippity bah bah boo!

Nice mock, good value, like where your heads at. Theo Riddick looked great last wkend, and that was the only little bit I've seen of him. Cooper adds that needed nastiness to the line. Other dude provides good depth and an insurance policy. Vaccaro is also my favorite safety in this draft so BOO YAH

Nice work

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
There are parts to this one that I really like. Good value from top to bottom. But if the Packers go into next season with this group of RB's plus Riddick I'll be at some level disappointed.

I know. I wanted to put Franklin from UCLA in here again, but with how he ran last night, he won't make it past our 3rd. I'm hoping Cooper+Winters are enough to give our OLine a boost in the run game. I also wanted to try doing Lattimore, but with that knee I don't know what his meds will look like. I really don't think our staff will invest much in the run game, and if they do, I think it'll just be lineman who can pass pro and maul in the run.

HyponGrey wrote:
My only question is, who plays LT?

Well, we have 3 options. Newhouse, Sherrod, and Bulaga. Newhouse has played this year, but the line will be our best starting 5. Whoever is healthy of the three above + wins in camp. If Sherrod and Bulaga are out, the line is New-Lang-Sat/Coop-Sitton-Winters. I think one of the two will be back though, so it would be Sherrod/Bulaga-Lang-Sat/Coop-Sitton-Winters.

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
IaR. I read it man. Bippity bah bah boo!

Nice mock, good value, like where your heads at. Theo Riddick looked great last wkend, and that was the only little bit I've seen of him. Cooper adds that needed nastiness to the line. Other dude provides good depth and an insurance policy. Vaccaro is also my favorite safety in this draft so BOO YAH

Nice work

Was wondering when someone would catch that. Laughing

stallyns wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: