Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT: Titans(4-6) @ Jaguars(1-9) 11/25 1PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How will the Titans win?
By a lot?
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
By slightly less than a lot?
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tennessee – Three Performances of Note

Impact Up the Middle

He doesn’t pick up the kind of sacks that will ever get him much attention (even if he did manage one in this game), but Jurrell Casey (+4.1) sure does make his presence felt. Already one of the leagues’ premier run defenders, Casey put in another fine exhibition in that facet of play which ended with him picking up five defensive stops against the run. Rookie guard Mike Brewer was the chief victim of Casey’s ability to hold ground and then get off blocks to get to the ball carrier.

Up and Down Day for Locker

There was a lot to like about the performance of Jake Locker (+1.4). When the Jaguars got pressure on him he did a good job of extending plays, and when the Titans went no-huddle late in the game, he moved the ball down the field exceptionally well, capping it off with a fine touchdown throw to Kenny Britt with 4:57 to go in the game. Unfortunately, there were some examples of less-refined play as Locker twice forced throws into coverage resulting in one missed interception (Derek Cox – Q1, 7:45) and one late interception on the tipped ball to Jared Cook. Encouraging for the future? Yes. An indication of instant success? Not so much.

McCarthy Struggles

There are times when you watch Colin McCarthy (-3.6) and wonder if long term he has what it takes to make the Titans’ middle linebacker position his own. He didn’t help himself with three missed tackles but his main issue was getting off blocks to make plays. On the one occasion he did (10:18 in Q3) he fell off the running back when making the tackle, allowing a third down run to go past the chains. Overall, an unconvincing display.

Game Notes

- Six of the seven sacks Henne took came on the 13 plays the Titans blitzed.

- The Jaguars missed nine tackles while the Titans missed 11.

- Jared Cook was on the field for 64.4% of snaps including 85.1% of passing plays.

--- https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/26/refo-titans-jaguars-week-12/
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ On a few plays it looked to me like McCarthy was still favoring that ankle. He is not going to be 100% until the offseason. Good to see he is a "soldier" like his fellow UM alum Kellen Winslow. Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
^^^ On a few plays it looked to me like McCarthy was still favoring that ankle. He is not going to be 100% until the offseason. Good to see he is a "soldier" like his fellow UM alum Kellen Winslow. Laughing

Exactly. We've seen him when he's 100%. Hell, he's still making plays even with a bummed ankle. He's clearly the best player on our D.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarthy has a concussion and might not play this week, but of course its expected by me for him to be hurt in some way all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
McCarthy has a concussion and might not play this week, but of course its expected by me for him to be hurt in some way all the time.

McCarthy is a trooper, but he is beginning to remind me of (2) other former UM LBs that cannot/could not stay healthy. Dan Morgan & Jon Beason. Get well soon Colin. Applause

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Niznag74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, question for the guys that go to the Titans home games or have been to one. My girlfriend got me tickets for this weekend for my xmas present and this will be my first game in Tenn. Wanted to know if there was a lot of fun stuff to get into before the game starts or if we should just check out the team store and head to the seats. Also, how is the team store, I wanted to pick up my McCarthy jersey there at the game, will they have all the jerseys there or should I be looking somewhere else? After the game to the players come out to sign things or is that hoping to much? And then last question, since we will be there for Sat, Sun, and Mon what at the must see things in town or tings we shouldn't leave without doing? Thanks for all the help guys, maybe we can get lucky this week and win and my xmas present will be much better then.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niznag74 wrote:
Ok, question for the guys that go to the Titans home games or have been to one. My girlfriend got me tickets for this weekend for my xmas present and this will be my first game in Tenn. Wanted to know if there was a lot of fun stuff to get into before the game starts or if we should just check out the team store and head to the seats. Also, how is the team store, I wanted to pick up my McCarthy jersey there at the game, will they have all the jerseys there or should I be looking somewhere else? After the game to the players come out to sign things or is that hoping to much? And then last question, since we will be there for Sat, Sun, and Mon what at the must see things in town or tings we shouldn't leave without doing? Thanks for all the help guys, maybe we can get lucky this week and win and my xmas present will be much better then.

Some will sign after the game at the players parking lot opposite the side of the field that you will be parking on most likely. Probably have better luck after a win I would imagine.
I went a couple years back for my first game with my family. We went to the gaylord opryland hotel. They have a bunch of lights up and gardens inside. Could be a good little date for you and your gf.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niznag74 wrote:

i was there for the Colts game im a die hard and went all out so ill tell you what i did and you can decide what you want to do. I hit the Pro Shop the day before the game. You MIGHT be disapointed when you go there because they didnt sell a single defensive players jersey when i was there all they had was Bironas Hasselbeck Johnson Britt Wright and Washington. You MIGHT get lucky because there online pro shop now has McCourty Griffin McCarthy Morgan D.William and Witherspoon jerseys so maybe they will have McCarthys after all. The first Titans player doesnt show up to the stadium till about 7 30 and that was Hutchinson. I got a total of 19 autographs a few weeks ago. Locker always signs i was told. CJ never signs dont expect him too. When i was there McCarthy didnt sign. After the game a few players signed Sensabaugh Ayers Wright Witherspoon and a few others i think Zach Brown was after the game. If they lose dont expect many of them to sign after the game the fans get on the players and you can see the players are ticked off. But good luck have fun its a great place to watch a game hopefully you see the Titans win but good luck with the autographs if you go to there parking lot they will sign all you have to do is go

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Niznag74

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I got in contact with the pro shop and seems the don't have McCarthy's jersey, but they did say they do custom ones there in the shop and could make one pretty fast if I wanted to do it that way. I'll have to check it out and see how much it will be. Might have to just wait till I get home and order off nfl.com
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niznag74 wrote:
Thanks guys, I got in contact with the pro shop and seems the don't have McCarthy's jersey, but they did say they do custom ones there in the shop and could make one pretty fast if I wanted to do it that way. I'll have to check it out and see how much it will be. Might have to just wait till I get home and order off nfl.com

Do the titanslockeroom.com one the nfl.com doesnt sell nike jerseys for all the players the titans online pro shop is your best bet

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: