Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we make a run at Jason Babin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Should we make a run at Jason Babin? Reply with quote

Should we sign Jason Babin? He was just released by the Eagles. It's not like he's a total bust this year he does have 5.5 sacks so far and was superb last season. He would be in a rotation of Clemons and Irvin, but you can never have enough quality pass rushers.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind it but i think most of his production was due to the wide 9 technique and he doesn't seem very good at playing the run he could be good in a Irvin type role.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on break at work and went on espn on my phone and saw they released him and first thing i said was we should make a run at him.

Would be nice to have another pass rusher to go along with Clemons and Bruce. We can even play him inside on pass downs and have all 3 rushing the passer at once. Like Osprey said you can never have to many pass rushers!!

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should call him and ask if he plays well on the road. If yes, then we should sign him to a 6-year deal.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
chpjns15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
We should call him and ask if he plays well on the road. If yes, then we should sign him to a 6-year deal.

Laughing Sounds about right

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's really not that great. He wasn't near as good as his numbers indicate last year either. Now that's not too say he's not an above average pass rusher.

But no, I wouldn't want to sign him before he passes through waivers. His contract is way too high. Even than, I wouldn't want him to start over Irvin or Clemons. So if he wants to sign for the vet min as a backup? I'd definitely take him. But I'd rather keep Clem and Bruce as our starters in pass rushing situations.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way we'd get him is by claiming him and I don't want to do that because of the contract. I doubt he'd sign with us for a vet min and reduced role.

I would be shocked if he didn't sign with the Lions. They have playoff aspirations but a tough road to get there. Plus they run a not dissimilar scheme so it could be a good fit. And he went to University at Western Michigan and grew up there.

The Carolina Panthers make some sense as well with Sean McDermott running the defense there and he's familiar with Babin.

NFL.com also had the Falcons as a possible landing spot as a sort of replacement for the failed Ray Edwards experiment. I just think there are too many places that make more sense than Seattle in terms of team needs and what Babin wants.

Just some info - here's the top 12 in waiver wire priority.
1. Chiefs 2. Jaguars 3. Raiders 4. Browns 5. Panthers 6. Chargers 7. Bills 8. Titans 9. Lions 10. Cardinals 11. Jets 12. Rams
bobob123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a great question. I say YES!, He would make a great back-up/rotational player behind Clem along with Irvin.... This would add even more pass rush and also give Clem & Irvin some rest throughout the remainder of the year... and if he pulls an ala. Raheem Brock and gets us some big sack numbers it just might be the spark to get us to the playoffs.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think he wants to come back...

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
bobob123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
Don't think he wants to come back...

I think he would be more than willing to comeback, I read an interview with Babin, and Babin said Mike Holmgren told the coaching staff not to coach him (Babin) because he (Babin) was Tim Ruskell's free agent pick up and this is when the two where butting heads on very decision near the end of their terms as GM, Head Coach....

I think if the Hawks reached out to Babin without Holmgren or Ruskell here he would jump at the chance to comeback... and I think it would be a good move to at least take a look at him, I mean other than Clem and Irvin, who else on this team has over 5 sacks on the year?, None.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: