Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisberger Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pghinsomniac wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
It's being reported that Ben showed up today without his arm in a sling which is a good sign.

There's no chance they'd let him do a thing if it endangered his aorta/heart/life...right? Neutral I mean, I'm ecstatic at the thought of him being "doubtful" and slingless at this stage, but the team will suffer unprecedented embarrassment/league discipline if Ben were to seriously (life-threatening/death) endanger himself.

He probably won't start again till after the next Ravens game. So he'll be out almost a month before he'll see action again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
pghinsomniac wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
It's being reported that Ben showed up today without his arm in a sling which is a good sign.

There's no chance they'd let him do a thing if it endangered his aorta/heart/life...right? Neutral I mean, I'm ecstatic at the thought of him being "doubtful" and slingless at this stage, but the team will suffer unprecedented embarrassment/league discipline if Ben were to seriously (life-threatening/death) endanger himself.

He probably won't start again till after the next Ravens game. So he'll be out almost a month before he'll see action again.

Yeah Im thinking either the Cowboys or Bengals game he'll come back.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
pghinsomniac wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

Yeah Im thinking either the Cowboys or Bengals game he'll come back.

I'm thinking more the Chargers game. But these upcoming weeks will give insight on his future availability.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How quickly he comes back will likely be dependent on our record.

I will be amazed if this is only a 3 week injury considering it is his throwing shoulder. I will full on consider Ben a superhuman anatomic anomaly if that happens.

Especially if we drop 2 of the next 3.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody think that maybe his injury and the unknown about his son birth had anything to do with how much time he was out? I know that his injury is probably real, but it was a big issue when it was found out that it could effect his playing in the 2nd Ravens game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and his wife Ashley are giving thanks for their new bundle of joy.

Benjamin Roethlisberger Jr. arrived Wednesday at 10:06 p.m., according to the athlete's website. The couple's first child weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce, and was just over 19 inches long.

The quarterback posted Thursday that mother and baby boy were doing well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21094520/roethlisberger-wife-welcome-son-ben-jr-night-before-thanksgiving/nrelate
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers players amazed at Ben Roethlisberger's healing powers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21129866/steelers-players-amazed-at-big-bens-healing-powers
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him. Because I can't watch another two-three weeks of Charlie Batch attempting to play football.
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:

Especially if we drop 2 of the next 3.

If that does happen I'd just shut down Ben for the season. Too risky to rush him into action at that point.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben throws; Batch still to start

I outside of Woodley and Adams which are big injuries because of the magnitude of these up coming games. But I believe they can be masked with the potential return and play of Ben, Brown and Troy!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been much discussion of how Ben often bounces back from injuries faster and better than the average NFL player. His recent rib injury seems to be healing better and faster than many experts believed it would. The following article from the LA times is germane to this healing time issue with elite athletes:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-farmer-nfl-injuries-20121130,0,1553399,full.column
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it's a big surprise but Roethlisberger is officially out for the Ravens game.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody here with any (or no) knowledge of the subject want to say what Ben is at risk for should he take a high impact hit tomorrow? Even with that vest, I'm gonna be cringing every time he gets rocked tomorrow...
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pghinsomniac wrote:
Anybody here with any (or no) knowledge of the subject want to say what Ben is at risk for should he take a high impact hit tomorrow? Even with that vest, I'm gonna be cringing every time he gets rocked tomorrow...

I don't think Ben gets hit that much tomorrow unless the Chargers hit him late. Haley will probably call quick passes similar to what he called for Charlie Batch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: