Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Horton On Bethel: "He Will Continue To Play"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Horton On Bethel: "He Will Continue To Play" Reply with quote

Defensive coordinator Ray Horton told Bethel he was going to get some snaps at cornerback before the game against the Rams last week, so it didn’t surprise Bethel when he was sent out to guard Chris Givens on his first play. It didn’t work out all that well, after Givens made an impressive catch for a 37-yard touchdown bomb.

“I felt I had good coverage,” Bethel said, thinking that had he reached up with his other hand, he might have batted down the pass. “But it was a great throw, great catch. It just happened to be on me on the first time.”

Horton agreed, saying he though Bethel had “fantastic” coverage on the play and that he won’t hesitate to use Bethel at cornerback.

“He just didn’t make the play,” Horton said. “It happens to every single (cornerback) in the league. He will continue to play because he is getting better.”

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Rhodes-Returns-To-New-York/9cea7369-960b-4375-83a9-487b8896c00a

Not sure what to think. How do you guys feel about this?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what this says is that Fleming has not performed up to par in the second half for whatever reason, and that both Michael Adams and Greg Toler are free agents.

Not to mention Rashad Johnson. Adrian Wilson is on the serious decline.

Late in the year, team out of it, why not see what the kid has?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I really want to know what is going on with Fleming. There is something going on that we don't know about.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Now I really want to know what is going on with Fleming. There is something going on that we don't know about.

Has to be. Can't be a rookie thing, not when you're vowing to play a 6th round rookie from Presbyterian.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should only be a safety for the team and should really only play special team.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know this just reminds me of what Ray Horton said about Justin Bethel in camp and the pre-season - Justin is a kid with a ton of athleticism that they (the coaching staff) have to mold to be a great football player.

I'm guessing Justin has been a pet project of his and the staff's during practice and he'd like to see how that pays off. That and systematically you should always go with a guy who's working hard to improve (as long as the performance is at least close) because it sends a message to the entire team that if you aren't working hard and improving all the time you aren't going to play.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Should only be a safety for the team and should really only play special team.

After pre-season, I had gotten the feeling that he might not have the agility to be a good CB and was on the small side to play safety, even FS. Kind of a tweener IMHO. Love him on special teams and you would have to assign him some sort of position on the depth chart, so I guess FS makes the most sense to me. If Horton is correct though and he can be a CB, that's a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I also think something must have happened between Horton and Fleming...back-talking or slacking off, maybe? I wouldn't have expected either of those things to have happened though. It's certainly been a curious development.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind this at all. It makes me wonder about Fleming, but I have seen nothing that Bethel has done that says to me equivocally that this kid is not really for what the NFL has.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: