Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 3450
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
pmikep wrote:
Palmy, what are your thoughts on Braxston Cave and Spencer Nealy.
Do they fit for what the Packers do on O/D ? Thanks


Like both in the fit. I don't see either as high boards though. Nealy is a try hard with a very nice body for the five tech position. That should push his board a bit in this class. Cave is a very nice football player that lacks a great football body and has an injury history. His med check will be key in setting his board. Both fit the bill as far as system though.

On a side note: I have had a few guys ask me of late about the OT Fisher. I'm here to tell ya that kid goes day-1. Think there are now three of them in this with Fisher being the last of the three. But that's a damn good football player right there. Just did a film break on him and came away very happy with his grade. The level of comp is clearly the issue here but he was a monster on tape and at 21 years of age there is reason to feel he will keep getting better. Long kid that plays that way though and he bends very well also. Those are two things that will take him a long ways with NFL coaching.


Do you see the value in drafting an OG as a potential C late in the first round for this team? Or would a pure C be the only option?
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13463
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
pmikep wrote:
Palmy, what are your thoughts on Braxston Cave and Spencer Nealy.
Do they fit for what the Packers do on O/D ? Thanks


Like both in the fit. I don't see either as high boards though. Nealy is a try hard with a very nice body for the five tech position. That should push his board a bit in this class. Cave is a very nice football player that lacks a great football body and has an injury history. His med check will be key in setting his board. Both fit the bill as far as system though.

On a side note: I have had a few guys ask me of late about the OT Fisher. I'm here to tell ya that kid goes day-1. Think there are now three of them in this with Fisher being the last of the three. But that's a damn good football player right there. Just did a film break on him and came away very happy with his grade. The level of comp is clearly the issue here but he was a monster on tape and at 21 years of age there is reason to feel he will keep getting better. Long kid that plays that way though and he bends very well also. Those are two things that will take him a long ways with NFL coaching.


Do you see the value in drafting an OG as a potential C late in the first round for this team? Or would a pure C be the only option?


LIS on here a few times, for me to draft a pure center in round one he needs to grade elite. I don't see that guy in this draft class. I would think about Jones though. Just because I feel he is a great fit for the Green Bay Packers in every way more so than talent though. Cooper is the only interior lineman/center in this class I would not blink an eye with in round one. At the very least he is going to be a very good guard and could be a special center in time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3536
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beau Allen?
_________________
mccammon07 wrote:
We should give Nick Perry a shot at ILB this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 9762
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Beau Allen?


Won't be in this class, but nice run stuffer. Cankles according to Matt Millen. Late round guy possible UDFA.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 34030
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
On a side note: I have had a few guys ask me of late about the OT Fisher. I'm here to tell ya that kid goes day-1. Think there are now three of them in this with Fisher being the last of the three. But that's a damn good football player right there. Just did a film break on him and came away very happy with his grade. The level of comp is clearly the issue here but he was a monster on tape and at 21 years of age there is reason to feel he will keep getting better. Long kid that plays that way though and he bends very well also. Those are two things that will take him a long ways with NFL coaching.


Who are the other two?

And am I wrong to be skeptical of Luke Joeckel? I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not sure he's a LT at the next level.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 6814
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this entire forum not have a desire for Jake Mathews?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 3967
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
How does this entire forum not have a desire for Jake Mathews?


Because we would be selecting too high in the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13463
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
On a side note: I have had a few guys ask me of late about the OT Fisher. I'm here to tell ya that kid goes day-1. Think there are now three of them in this with Fisher being the last of the three. But that's a damn good football player right there. Just did a film break on him and came away very happy with his grade. The level of comp is clearly the issue here but he was a monster on tape and at 21 years of age there is reason to feel he will keep getting better. Long kid that plays that way though and he bends very well also. Those are two things that will take him a long ways with NFL coaching.


Who are the other two?

And am I wrong to be skeptical of Luke Joeckel? I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not sure he's a LT at the next level.


Lewan, Joeckel, Fisher(in that order).

Joeckel has the least upside of the three but he is the safest of the group and could be the first off the board because of it. At the very least you have a very good RT there. Not too tall to move inside if need be also. There is still value in safe. Good football player though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12315
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews without a first round grade?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Arodsmightybelt


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 1678
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do we even entertain the Honey Badger, or let the Lions, Raiders, Bengals, and Patriots duke it out for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 34030
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Lewan, Joeckel, Fisher(in that order).

Joeckel has the least upside of the three but he is the safest of the group and could be the first off the board because of it. At the very least you have a very good RT there. Not too tall to move inside if need be also. There is still value in safe. Good football player though.


What about Jake Matthews? And I'm getting the feeling that Joeckel is a RT.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
pmikep


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 383
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Greg Jennings age,injury history,and contract demands I believe
this will be his last season with the Packers. So that tells me there is a very good chance with TT history of drafting premiums in round one that he will be looking for a WR.

With the Packers selecting 25-32, the player I see sitting there is Robert
Woods. I have no clue why Woods is not in the top 15-20 in this draft.
If Woods would of entered the 2011 draft I believe he would have been top 10.

TT loves value and Woods would be just that. Big time STEAL !!!!!!!
Your thoughts !!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arodsmightybelt


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 1678
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtful Woods makes it past 20 IMO. We should be looking for Terrance Williams where we will be picking, and i highly doubt even he makes it to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blount_truth


Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 411
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
Doubtful Woods makes it past 20 IMO. We should be looking for Terrance Williams where we will be picking, and i highly doubt even he makes it to us.


I really doubt the packers would take Williams in the first. Not a good route runner. Mostly go routes and cut backs. He also seems to be afraid contact. Looks like a #2 wr at best to me.
_________________
Adopt-a-Packer: Casey Hayward
Tackles: 46
Passes defended: 19
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blount_truth


Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 411
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre ellington anybody? I'm not that good with RBs. Green 2.0? Good hands willing to block though he gets railroaded from time to time seems to me to have nice vision with good lateral movement. Plus he's got cool dreads.
_________________
Adopt-a-Packer: Casey Hayward
Tackles: 46
Passes defended: 19
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 49 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group