Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith is worth drafting number one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rumless

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith.
Tyler Wilson.
Flip a coin.
The Chiefs will be doing this.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Herm the Squirm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing

I hope you don't mean Alex Smith, because that's what I fear is going to happen.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
^but is Hudson going to the probowl?

are the only good OL probowlers? That is news to me.

An OLine with 1-2 pro bowlers and 3-4 average to below average is apparently better than having 5 above average with 2 just below pro bowl level, for example.

Atleast that's what i'm learning from this thread.

Also Ryk was referring to the '10 Packers and lawful is referring to the '96 Packers. Pimping Timmerman as a pro bowler to prove a point is great, but he was only in his 2nd or 3rd year and was not a pro bowler at that time...even if he was at that level, what about the rest of the line...not to mention you're not even talking about the right Packer team.
5 above average who are they why havent i ever seen them on the feild are they hurt? Albert yes Asomoah he's getting there who in the world are the outher 3 please fill me in here

I never said we had 5 above average...that was just an example of you putting pro bowls above all else, most consider that a ridiculous way to assess a line. We have atleast 3 above average and I would guess Winston is an above average RT too....and like Bigs said Allen has a great chance of being above average.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herm the Squirm wrote:
TambaHawk wrote:

I hope you don't mean Alex Smith, because that's what I fear is going to happen.

I hope we get a rookie, but I would actually be happy with Alex Smith.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith has proven that he can win in this league. He did well with Turner and with Harbaugh. People forget he had a new offensive coordinator each of his first 5 seasons, and while he is smart it takes time to get a good feel for an offense. I would like to see us bring in Turner to run the offense if we do sign Alex. I think if that were to happen we will be alright. We will still need to draft a QB, but it can be in round 2.

Alex Smith is the only QB who might be available that I would want.
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

An OLine with 1-2 pro bowlers and 3-4 average to below average is apparently better than having 5 above average with 2 just below pro bowl level, for example.

Also Ryk was referring to the '10 Packers and lawful is referring to the '96 Packers. Pimping Timmerman as a pro bowler to prove a point is great, but he was only in his 2nd or 3rd year and was not a pro bowler at that time...even if he was at that level, what about the rest of the line...not to mention you're not even talking about the right Packer team.
5 above average who are they why havent i ever seen them on the feild are they hurt? Albert yes Asomoah he's getting there who in the world are the outher 3 please fill me in here

I never said we had 5 above average...that was just an example of you putting pro bowls above all else, most consider that a ridiculous way to assess a line. We have atleast 3 above average and I would guess Winston is an above average RT too....and like Bigs said Allen has a great chance of being above average.
take the homer helmet off please Allen has shown nouthing at all that would lead someone to think there is any hope he could ever even become mediocre the dude is lazzy and has no clue what he's doing
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Hudson. Above Average.
way to early to say that i hope your right but 3 games isnt enough
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Herm the Squirm wrote:
TambaHawk wrote:

I hope we get a rookie, but I would actually be happy with Alex Smith.

I won't be. He doesn't throw the ball farther than 10 yards down the field either.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

take the homer helmet off please Allen has shown nouthing at all that would lead someone to think there is any hope he could ever even become mediocre the dude is lazzy and has no clue what he's doing

he's a rookie. Tons of rookies struggle early on and then are fine. He's shown flashes of great play, he just doesn't do it consistently. He just needs to continue to work on his technique and continue to get used to the speed of the game. I don't know why you think he's "lazy"

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie Dukes said it best about Alex Smith. Is he a good qb? Yes he is. But is he a QB that can win you a game down by 10 points in the 4th quarter? No he's not. That alone separates Superbowl contending teams vs regular middle of the road playoff teams, and ultimately that's why his own coach is going with Colin K instead of him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Jamie Dukes said it best about Alex Smith. Is he a good qb? Yes he is. But is he a QB that can win you a game down by 10 points in the 4th quarter? No he's not. That alone separates Superbowl contending teams vs regular middle of the road playoff teams, and ultimately that's why his own coach is going with Colin K instead of him.

First off Mikey, if you are listening to Jamie Dukes, shame on you. Also, Alex Smith is not Peyton Manning, ok. We got that one. Is he a legitimate starting quarterback in the NFL? Yes. Did you watch the playoff game against the Saints last year? You don't seriously think someone like Matt Cassel wouldn't completely fold in that situation? Listen, I don't think we should look at Smith as the be-all-end-all to our quarterback situation, but he would absolutely be an upgrade right now over anyone we currently have on our roster and also any prospective free agent on the market this upcoming offseason.

He could be the veteran that is paired with a young quarterback - Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib, E.J. Manuel, Zac Dysert, etc., etc.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

First off Mikey, if you are listening to Jamie Dukes, shame on you. Also, Alex Smith is not Peyton Manning, ok. We got that one. Is he a legitimate starting quarterback in the NFL? Yes. Did you watch the playoff game against the Saints last year? You don't seriously think someone like Matt Cassel wouldn't completely fold in that situation? Listen, I don't think we should look at Smith as the be-all-end-all to our quarterback situation, but he would absolutely be an upgrade right now over anyone we currently have on our roster and also any prospective free agent on the market this upcoming offseason.

He could be the veteran that is paired with a young quarterback - Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib, E.J. Manuel, Zac Dysert, etc., etc.

2011 regular season stats for the NWO defense reads as follows-

30th in the NFL @ 260 reception yards per game.
24th in the NFL @ 368 total yards per game.

I'm not doubting he didn't shred that defense. But so did every other god damn qb that year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing Nic. Jim Harbaugh is saying the same thing Jamie Dukes is saying. Actually no, Jim Harbaugh is literally doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
One more thing Nic. Jim Harbaugh is saying the same thing Jamie Dukes is saying. Actually no, Jim Harbaugh is literally doing it.

Jim Harbaugh is rolling with his guy. I never doubted he would at some point in time. So I guess I will roll this out to you - how are we going to address the QB situation? Draft Geno Smith and have Stanzi is backup? Just wondering. You seem to shoot down every possible candidate that is thrown out there. We missed out on Peyton Manning. That is water under the bridge. So other than backing up a Brinks truck to Joe Flacco's house if he is franchised (and coughing up two 1st round picks), how do we get to the light at the end of the tunnel?

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I was talking more about the throws that Smith had to make in that game. He made the passes he had to so the team could actually have a shot at winning in the end. Cassel would have thrown a pick on a RB outlet pass with 2 minutes left.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: