Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Pro Bowl Watch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Cowboys Pro Bowl Watch Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4702188/nfc-east-pro-bowl-voting-update

I feel like this is usually worth discussing, no?

As of now, Ware is the only one slated to make the team. Witten at 4th in the conference is seemingly a joke as he's on pace to break the record for receptions by a tight end, but, otherwise, I'm at a loss. That's probably it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cowboys Pro Bowl Watch Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4702188/nfc-east-pro-bowl-voting-update

As of now, Ware is the only one slated to make the team. Witten at 4th in the conference is seemingly a joke as he's on pace to break the record for receptions by a tight end, but, otherwise, I'm at a loss. That's probably it.

No. Don't care. Pro Bowl is stupid. Tebow will probably have the most votes.
mco65

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being named ALL PRO is a big deal.. Pro Bowl, not so much. I know these games used to mean something to the players but watching the effortless game the last few years has tainted what used to be something cool. I don't plan on watching another pro bowl until something drastic happens....

Personally, I would rather see a college all star team take on the super bowl champion.. like they did a few decades back.. that would be pretty fun to watch.. IMO.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Being named ALL PRO is a big deal.. Pro Bowl, not so much. I know these games used to mean something to the players but watching the effortless game the last few years has tainted what used to be something cool. I don't plan on watching another pro bowl until something drastic happens....

Personally, I would rather see a college all star team take on the super bowl champion.. like they did a few decades back.. that would be pretty fun to watch.. IMO.

No college team would beat an NFL team if they both played at 100%. I don't care what cast of college "all stars" you assemble. The game would be a blowout.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cowboys Pro Bowl Watch Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:

Ware is the only one worth making it. Lee went down and was removed from consideration. And the fact Witten is 4th is actually a very positive sign for him. You can't dismiss the fact he sucked for the first few weeks. He will probably end up making it though.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
ware94

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:

No college team would beat an NFL team if they both played at 100%. I don't care what cast of college "all stars" you assemble. The game would be a blowout.

I believe I heard Golic say on Mike and Mike in the Morning a few weeks back that Vegas did the spread on a Bama/Jaguars game with Jacksonville being 24 point favorites.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:

I believe I heard Golic say on Mike and Mike in the Morning a few weeks back that Vegas did the spread on a Bama/Jaguars game with Jacksonville being 24 point favorites.

And they'd probably win by far more than that. Even the worst team in NFL history, the 2008 Detroit Lions, would mop the floor with the best college football team in the country. The game would not be close.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really enjoyed the Pro Bowl since they stopped doing the Skills challenges.

^^^mack
cboysfaninWI

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brandon Carr has played at a level to be worth considering for the Pro Bowl. His lack of statistics will likely hurt his chances, along with some of the other corners in the NFC such as Tillmann and Jennings playing out of their minds but he has been one of the better cover corners in the NFL in my opinion and has made as big of an impact on his respective team as any other corner in the NFC.

Calvert28 wrote "Kendall Hunter>>>DeMarco Murray"
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally surprised nobody has mentioned Dan Bailey!

22 of 24 FGM and 22 XPM. He is tied for second in percentage in the NFC with 92% of FGM. He is tied for 5th overall in the League.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:

The thing is, every NFL team essentially IS a college all star team, but what really separates the two is strength and size. Every rookie talks about how much bigger the guys on the field are than they were in college.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
ware94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:

And they'd probably win by far more than that. Even the worst team in NFL history, the 2008 Detroit Lions, would mop the floor with the best college football team in the country. The game would not be close.

If you take last year's Alabama team and put them up against the Jaguars with Gabbert at QB and no Maurice Jones Drew...

the game would not be a blowout.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dez can keep this hot streak he's on or at least a little below it for the remainder of the season he should deserve serious consideration to get in. Right now, he's 4th among NFC WR in receptions and 6th in yards (with Julio Jones and Roddy White a game ahead). He's got 6 TDs, only 2 behind the NFC leaders (four with Cool.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
mco65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chicago All Star game was what it was called;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game

It was played between the 30s and 70s. With the NFL winning the majority of the games but the College All Stars did sneak in a few games, especially early on..

The last time it was played was back in '76 and the Super Bowl Champion Steelers won 24-0. The College team won a few games over the years but the NFL dominated the game and won the last 12 in a row. The game was often lopsided despite the less than enthusiastic effort from the NFL champs.

Personally, I think something like this would be much more entertaining to watch than the current PRO BOWL hijinx..
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think taking these guys and having them do combine drills like the 40 yd dash, bench press, etc. would be way more entertaining than the dumb pro bowl. I bet some of these players could put up amazing numbers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: