Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
What we need to do to become a successful franchise again.

-Fire every coach
-Hire Chip Kelly
-Cut Palmer
-Pick up Vick
-Move Pryor to TE or RB so we have two fast QB's on the field to confuse opponents
-I'm just kidding

Although with our speed I admit it would be fun to watch.

VICK????!!? I'd rather start Pryor at QB.

but I'm on the chip kelly bandwagon, right now I can't stand Allen or McKenzie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
First I apologize if I give the impression that he is going to be good. I don't think that at all. Also there is no point in playing lienart cause we all including coaches know what he is. Also let's not act like Matt earned the backup job. He is a vet that knows the playbook. Pryor would had to be peyton manning in practice with very limited snaps to get close to second string. Just let the dude get his feet wet in some real game situations. If he sucks they can cut him without any repercussions. Unless you think sitting palmer is going to hurt his feelings or something.

If that's the only reason Matt is on the team, wouldn't that make it easier for Pryor to beat him out? I mean, he's practicing, he's making throws... it's not like he just passing out water waiting to get on the practice field. If he were even remotely impressing people and Leinart was in fact on the team for the sole reason you say, it should be quite easy to beat him out if Pryor looks good, right?

Matt isnt a water boy. He can play football, not very good though. But he can play. Also lets not act like Pryor is getting a lot of time in practice. He had very limited time to win the job in training camp and once the season started that was a wrap, Pryor is basically on the scout team. Like I said he would had to perform great in limited stats to overtake Matt who came over with the guy calling the plays. He brought Matt in personally. You think he brought him here to make him third string.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
First I apologize if I give the impression that he is going to be good. I don't think that at all. Also there is no point in playing lienart cause we all including coaches know what he is. Also let's not act like Matt earned the backup job. He is a vet that knows the playbook. Pryor would had to be peyton manning in practice with very limited snaps to get close to second string. Just let the dude get his feet wet in some real game situations. If he sucks they can cut him without any repercussions. Unless you think sitting palmer is going to hurt his feelings or something.

If that's the only reason Matt is on the team, wouldn't that make it easier for Pryor to beat him out? I mean, he's practicing, he's making throws... it's not like he just passing out water waiting to get on the practice field. If he were even remotely impressing people and Leinart was in fact on the team for the sole reason you say, it should be quite easy to beat him out if Pryor looks good, right?

Matt isnt a water boy. He can play football, not very good though. But he can play. Also lets not act like Pryor is getting a lot of time in practice. He had very limited time to win the job in training camp and once the season started that was a wrap, Pryor is basically on the scout team. Like I said he would had to perform great in limited stats to overtake Matt who came over with the guy calling the plays.

So if he can't play very well, it should be easy to leap him on the depth chart, right? He's had an entire off-season of OTA's, preseason, and practices to jump him. But if Matt can't play pretty well, I believe he's had adequate time to get that number 2 position. He wouldn't have to perform great either. That's a false notion. He would have to perform *better* over a long period of time. Well, it's been a long period of time and there's been no movement and no rumors of Pryor playing great. So what can we assume about this?

Quote:
He brought Matt in personally. You think he brought him here to make him third string.

I bet be brought him over due to his familiarity w/ the system right away. I would like to think a NFL coaching staff would make the depth chart as they deem fit based on talent, not personal bias. Call it a hunch....... the best person will start. The second best person will be 2nd and third, 3rd. There is no bias, only subpar performances. Sorry.

PM sig requests.
Django

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's uncertain that Oakland Raider QB Carson Palmer (thumb) will be able to play Sunday vs. the Cleveland Browns, and that means Matt Leinart will get the start.

It also means Terrelle Pryor will be right behind him, and might possibility see action as well. "I'm preparing to play," Leinart said. "Terrelle, he might get some stuff where we can use his athletic ability. ... You just keep preparing."
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:

-Fire every coach
-Hire Chip Kelly
-Cut Palmer
-Pick up Vick
-Move Pryor to TE or RB so we have two fast QB's on the field to confuse opponents
-I'm just kidding

Fun to watch? It might be the most fun team to watch of all-time. It'd definitely be the most fun 2-14 team to watch ever.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you think Carson Palmer's contract hurts the chances of Pryor ever seeing the field?

Although with your current offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, it may be better for Pryor to still be in waiting
Django

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
How much do you think Carson Palmer's contract hurts the chances of Pryor ever seeing the field?

Although with your current offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, it may be better for Pryor to still be in waiting

Vick (even though he had no work ethic at the time) wasted about 3 years with Knapp right?

Should have just kept Dan Reeves.
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

-Fire every coach
-Hire Chip Kelly
-Cut Palmer
-Pick up Vick
-I'm just kidding

Fun to watch? It might be the most fun team to watch of all-time. It'd definitely be the most fun 2-14 team to watch ever.

And I'm sure the same clowns who would want this would be the same ones preaching continuity.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

So if he can't play very well, it should be easy to leap him on the depth chart, right? He's had an entire off-season of OTA's, preseason, and practices to jump him. But if Matt can't play pretty well, I believe he's had adequate time to get that number 2 position. He wouldn't have to perform great either. That's a false notion. He would have to perform *better* over a long period of time. Well, it's been a long period of time and there's been no movement and no rumors of Pryor playing great. So what can we assume about this?

Trying to re-order the QB depth chart during the season is most likely a team's least worry. Practice during the week is just preparation for the next game, it's not about evaluating if the 3rd QB should be moved to 2. Like Allen said, they started mentioning Pryor in meetings now that the only goal left for this season is evaluating every single player on this roster. The situation is a bit different than it was at the start of the season.
Tacos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:

haha

We're screwed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Tacos wrote:

-Fire every coach
-Hire Chip Kelly
-Cut Palmer
-Pick up Vick
-I'm just kidding

And I'm sure the same clowns who would want this would be the same ones preaching continuity.

This comment literally follows zero logic. Unless sarcasm.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
McKenzie said he is with the Raiders fans who want to see QB Terrelle Pryor play this season. "That''s the only way I can evaluate him."

Silver surfer upon seeing that news:

NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ^

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Quote:
McKenzie said he is with the Raiders fans who want to see QB Terrelle Pryor play this season. "That''s the only way I can evaluate him."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

There you go Raidin, perk up little camper. And thank you for a great laugh
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Quote:

Watch, he will loft an ugly floater way up, the defender will trip over his own feet and our WR will catch it for a 60 yard TD and 15 people on here will start clamoring about how right they were about him making plays.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 47 of 98

Jump to: