Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If TT wasn't the GM Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imraw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: If TT wasn't the GM Mock Reply with quote

This was just a few players I really like with some other guys thrown in..

First we tag and trade Jennings for a second. May be a bit of a stretch but that's why I like hypothetical offseasons.
We also trade Finley for a 4th.
DD walks
Charles walks as well after SB win.
We sign Reggie Bush to a 4 year deal, comes in a bit cheaper to be a part of the dynasty

We receive a 4th comp for Flynn
A 7th comp for Wells

Draft:
We trade our 4th and 6th to move up a couple spots in the first
1) Matt Elam S Florida - Nothing wrong with adding playmakers to the secondary. May not be 6-1 but if you watched any games he was the heart of one of the best defenses in the country
2) Khaled Holmes C USC - Not so sure this is a home run just hoping he can be the anchor for the future
2) Robert Woods WR USC - this kid makes plays and is real crisp. Stepped up since first stepping on campus hoping to do well to fill the shoes of GJ
3) Brian Winters OT Kent State - hope Sherrod can do the job. Competition is always good
4) Joseph Fauria TE UCLA - he's just huge but smooth from the little I've seen. Finley was very rough around the edges and had a good shot to be special. We just need someone to be solid
4) (comp) Mike Gillislee RB Florida - seemed to find holes and was patient, maybe not a good thing for our horrendous run blocking but hope we can find someone that gels
5) Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State - adding to the rotation
6) Travis Bond OG North Carolina - depth
7) Abry Jones DE Georgia - ditto
7) (comp) Caleb Sturgis K Florida - Crosby is best when someone else is pushing for his job. I don't care who's kicking it as long as it goes in

Joe on the sig
palmy50 wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Go To---SB Nation evaluation Of adams
Yeah, I'll get right on that......
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes in the second is disgusting
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: If TT wasn't the GM Mock Reply with quote

imraw wrote:
We sign Reggie Bush to a 4 year deal, comes in a bit cheaper to be a part of the dynasty
LMAO!
Quote:

Draft:
2) Khaled Holmes C USC - Not so sure this is a home run just hoping he can be the anchor for the future

Overhyped bc of USC
Quote:

2) Robert Woods WR USC - this kid makes plays and is real crisp. Stepped up since first stepping on campus hoping to do well to fill the shoes of GJ

Top 25 pick in the 2nd?
Quote:

4) Joseph Fauria TE UCLA - he's just huge but smooth from the little I've seen. Finley was very rough around the edges and had a good shot to be special. We just need someone to be solid

I've been high on Fauria for a good while
Quote:

4) (comp) Mike Gillislee RB Florida - seemed to find holes and was patient, maybe not a good thing for our horrendous run blocking but hope we can find someone that gels
No way he falls this far.
Quote:

7) (comp) Caleb Sturgis K Florida - Crosby is best when someone else is pushing for his job. I don't care who's kicking it as long as it goes in

I like Crosby's Leg, but his eyes are flawed as of late.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khaled Holmes has been dealing with an ankle all season, he's better than he's shown on the field this year. I noticed a comment knocking SC prospects as 'overrated', it is quite funny to look at all the amazing prospects they sign and how few of them develop into legitimate NFL players, it's pretty shocking.

TAKING THE NFC NORTH BY FORCE - 2014
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: If TT wasn't the GM Mock Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
imraw wrote:
LMAO!
Quote:

Draft:

Overhyped bc of USC
Quote:

Top 25 pick in the 2nd?
Quote:

I've been high on Fauria for a good while
Quote:

No way he falls this far.
Quote:

I like Crosby's Leg, but his eyes are flawed as of late.

Woods isn't a top 25 prospect by any means. If he comes out this year I doubt he's taken before the middle of the second round. What special qualities does he possess that make him a worthy 1st round receiver?

The Bush signing isn't ridiculous by any means. He fits our scheme beautifully and Bush has said he's fond of Green Bay. I could definitely see him taking a minor pay cut to play for us rather than Miami or a middle of the road team.

Gillislee could fall to the 4th... While in my opinion he's a mid third rounder, to say he has no chance of falling is quite ignorant.

And we better draft a new kicker this year. Mason had a short period during his rookie year and last year where he may have been considered a reliable kicker. He's never been a top 20 kicker imo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: If TT wasn't the GM Mock Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:

Woods isn't a top 25 prospect by any means. If he comes out this year I doubt he's taken before the middle of the second round. What special qualities does he possess that make him a worthy 1st round receiver?

The Bush signing isn't ridiculous by any means. He fits our scheme beautifully and Bush has said he's fond of Green Bay. I could definitely see him taking a minor pay cut to play for us rather than Miami or a middle of the road team.

Gillislee could fall to the 4th... While in my opinion he's a mid third rounder, to say he has no chance of falling is quite ignorant.

And we better draft a new kicker this year. Mason had a short period during his rookie year and last year where he may have been considered a reliable kicker. He's never been a top 20 kicker imo.
Unless you the first draft report you read is especially faulty. It has since been fixed.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: If TT wasn't the GM Mock Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

Unless you the first draft report you read is especially faulty. It has since been fixed.

What does this mean? Are you trying to the draft reports I'm reading are outdated? Laughing .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

were trading UP to get Elam?

were getting woods in the second?

were using a second on Holmes?
justo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-rumor is Elam stays in school
-Holmes just looks funky this year. Nothing like himself. Might be the ankle but man this kid is either getting draft on A) what teams see in personal workouts or B) what he did in the past despite his present (which isn't a way to project players. see: Paige-Moss, Donte.
-I don't think Woods gets taken that low. Dude sure was a part of a group with a lot of talent at SC but he's not dropping that low. Early-mid 2nd at worst. Probably 1st round.
-Never heard of the OL
-Fauria is solid
-Gillislee is good until you see him in pass pro IMO
-Boy, Bond, Jones, Sturgis=meh
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: If TT wasn't the GM Mock Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:

What does this mean? Are you trying to the draft reports I'm reading are outdated? Laughing .
not yours, mine. Always check the date.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tag and trade Jennings is idiotic and what do you get in return for a player who was tagged and only is committed tio a team for 1 year. I see thsi every year where people claim you can tag and trade a player for a second round draft pick, yea right. First round is a tough one to predict becuase TT will draft BPA and a safety in that spot would have to be heads above anyone else available because its not a real need for the Packers. Hate waiting untilt eh 4th round for a RB becaue arguably that is the Packers biggest need this off season. WR, C, and OT in that area of the draft seems like a possibility and I think you will see TT look for an ILB somewhere in the draft. I also believe TT will attempt to move Finley for a draft pick.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Tag and trade Jennings is idiotic and what do you get in return for a player who was tagged and only is committed tio a team for 1 year. I see thsi every year where people claim you can tag and trade a player for a second round draft pick, yea right. First round is a tough one to predict becuase TT will draft BPA and a safety in that spot would have to be heads above anyone else available because its not a real need for the Packers. Hate waiting untilt eh 4th round for a RB becaue arguably that is the Packers biggest need this off season. WR, C, and OT in that area of the draft seems like a possibility and I think you will see TT look for an ILB somewhere in the draft. I also believe TT will attempt to move Finley for a draft pick.

We tagged and traded Corey Williams for a second.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: