Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
We don't need the Honey Badger. We have just drafted someone in the position he projects to (slot corner).

He could SS as Well. And you dont draft for need Wink

Just get him and if he plays Well, get him on the field

Yeh, you draft BPA (which I've been saying we should do the last 3 years).

Anyway, Mattheiu hasn't really got a real position in the NFL - too small for S, too slow for CB

We talking about the same player Marky? I'm just not understanding the hate about him "On The Field"? The man is a play maker period! Size be damned. There are plenty of players with his size in the NFl with far less talent and ability and having success. Is he the 6'2 220 CB/S with 4.2 speed no but lets not pretend like he didn't dominate in the SEC to the point he was the Bednarik POY and Hiesman candidate. Had he been eligable for last seasons draft he's a legit top 15/20 pick coming off that season. Unlike several of the current eagles badger has no issues with contact or avoids it like the plague.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplm7S8YP7U

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 15 Gm/ 82 Rec/ 1269Yds/ 10 TD/ 15 YPC/
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
We don't need the Honey Badger. We have just drafted someone in the position he projects to (slot corner).

He could SS as Well. And you dont draft for need Wink

Just get him and if he plays Well, get him on the field

Yeh, you draft BPA (which I've been saying we should do the last 3 years).

Anyway, Mattheiu hasn't really got a real position in the NFL - too small for S, too slow for CB

We talking about the same player Marky? I'm just not understanding the hate about him "On The Field"? The man is a play maker period! Size be damned. There are plenty of players with his size in the NFl with far less talent and ability and having success. Is he the 6'2 220 CB/S with 4.2 speed no but lets not pretend like he didn't dominate in the SEC to the point he was the Bednarik POY and Hiesman candidate. Had he been eligable for last seasons draft he's a legit top 15/20 pick coming off that season. Unlike several of the current eagles badger has no issues with contact or avoids it like the plague.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplm7S8YP7U

Hey, I'm not doubting his playmaking ability. The only thing I worry about him is where will you play him? I don't think he can be a full time CB or a full time S.

You could play him as a maraudering defensive back in your sub packages. It'll take a clever DC to make best use of him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Without going to in depth on a subject were not suppose to talk about. Let's not pretend that there are not current NFL players doing exactly that. They too are putting their jobs on the line. Didn't Randy Moss and Warren Sapp too have the same concerns coming out? I'm not suggesting he has that type of talent more so that teams intentionally passed on those players do to that concern. I think the general public would be amazed at the number of athletes in the NFL with a substance abuse problem. Many of which are big named players. We not talking about drafting a player in the first 4 rds but in the later stages of the draft. Badger is electric as a KR/PR thats undeniable and without question. That alone is worth the chance IMO. Yes he has flaws in his game from a defensive standpoint but not to the point it out weighs the positives IMO. I'd rather take a flier on a kid with a higher upside and questionable off the field issues then going with the less talented square peg the Eagles tend to try to fit in a round hole like Kurt Coleman in the 6th/7th.

Like I said, I couldn't care less that he does it. It's that he got busted, knew he was under scrutiny for it, knew his position with the team was on the line, and did it again. And he continues to not only do it, but do it stupidly. He "failed the IQ test" as the saying goes. It's that selfish mentality. Had he merely been busted and then managed to not get caught to the point he lost his job, that would make a huge difference. Plus, I think his talent is somewhat overrated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawne Alston RB West Virginia Sr 5-11 236

Appears to have gone to the wrong university for his running style.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
HB in 5th round the earliest.

I Think we almost have to go QB in round 1

That's the worst possible thing you can do

Have you seen your offensive line???

Either offensive tackle out of Texas A&M should be your first pick
oland11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

Just by this guy's weight, and his face mask, I can tell this is a power runner...right?
gator3guy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Just by this guy's weight, and his face mask, I can tell this is a power runner...right?

Yeah. I don't see his game translating at the next level.
bkb77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

I went to school with him, when we both were freshman at WVU, talked with him a few time in the dorm cafe. Think he can actually be a decent player in the right situation. He's a powerful runner, who doesn't really fit in WVU scheme but with a Power Running team and physical O-Line, I think he could make some plays and be a productive NFL Player in those circumstances.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no reason for us to waste a pick on a runningback this year. We should focus on getting an offensive lineman, safety[or two], quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver and a defensive tackle before we worry about runningbacks.
philyeagles3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I see no reason for us to waste a pick on a runningback this year. We should focus on getting an offensive lineman, safety[or two], quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver and a defensive tackle before we worry about runningbacks.

Agreed, we have no room with Brown and McCoy. Those backs should touch the ball a ton next year.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft, sign, or trade for a RB, I'm gonna flip ish....zero resources should be used on a RB, regardless of their value.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
If we draft, sign, or trade for a RB, I'm gonna flip ish....zero resources should be used on a RB, regardless of their value.
Unless we dump Dion Lewis, which is a distinct possibility.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
If you put it that way, then yeah. I just don't see any reason to get rid of our 3rd string back who hasn't really gotten a shot to show what he's got. LeSean-Brown-Lewis/Polk is a great foursome.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

We have Polk that needs a shot.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I'd draft a RB is if they can be used as a multiple purpose player - kickoffs/punts/can be split out wide

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 20 of 100

Jump to: