Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players I Want for the 2013 Miami Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alant_8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Austin be available in the 3rd?

Agree we need a small explosive player who we can line up anywhere to compliment Bess Hartline and hopefully another WR, look at the impact TY Hilton (who a lot of us loved) has had
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Players I Want for the 2013 Miami Dolphins Reply with quote

finsyanksmancs wrote:
My idea for this thread is for anyone to suggest a player we should draft, not just in round 1, and why. I'll start with someone I think could be a difference maker.

Denard Robinson, Michigan

Not to play QB, of course. I'm not sure I've seen many players who move better in the open field. I envision lining him up all over the field, wideout, slot, in the back field, etc. He could also return kicks for us. Think Brad Smith, Randall Cobb, or Julian Edelman. I'd be thrilled if we could get him in round 3.
Or Pat White.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
ajiggel72

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like many of the names mentioned already. My man crush list includes:
Bjoren Warner DE, DeAndre Hopkins WR, Terrance Williams WR, Omerigee Uzzi OG, Josh Cooper OG, Connor Vernon WR, Ryan Swope WR, Dez Trufant CB, Arthur Brown LB, Sean Porter DE/LB and Gerald Hodges LB.

A name I am surprised I have not seen more is, Dion Jordan DE Oregon. This guy was recruited as a WR and is now an unbelievable DE/Pass Rusher (albeit a bit raw). This may not be the greatest NEED but I think we would all agree the front 4 of D.Jordan-Odrick-Starks*-Wake is a much scarier than our current pass rushing 4.

My free Agent difference maker(s):
- Jarius Byrd- Tannehill's INT at the end of the Buffalo says enough. Not to mention a saftey combo of Byrd and Jones is pretty intimidating.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr Quinton patton from La Tech 2nd round beast Reggie wayne 2.0..Austin is a 2nd round guy also i like him just not sure how much though.
Deets

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
Deets wrote:
We have two third round picks. I want the Honey Badger.

For real? With all the issues surrounding him?

He's got talent, but i do not think he will be elite at this level. Def not worth the headache IMO.

I mean, he got in troubloe when waiting on LSU to decide if they would let him on the team again.

maybe later in the draft but not putting a 3rd on the guy.

Not bagging on you at all though. I love watching him play....errr...Loved watchin him play.

On the other hand, I would LOVE me some Tavon Austin from West Virginia. Ive watched every snap hes taken the last 2 years...nothing short of eletric and a threat to score EVERYTIME he touches the ball.

Small. Yes. Can he take a hit. yes.

I think a playmaker like him on our offense would def work out.

Who care, it a third round pick. I'd rather take risks with a pick in the third or later.

FF Member #67
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Byrd be an expensive pickup? Him + Jones puts two playmakers where we've sorely lacked them.
joeyL.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alant_8 wrote:
Will Austin be available in the 3rd?

Agree we need a small explosive player who we can line up anywhere to compliment Bess Hartline and hopefully another WR, look at the impact TY Hilton (who a lot of us loved) has had

Oh, No way. i think he goes in the 20-25 range partly because of the lack of talent in this draft.

if youre looking for someone in the 3rd Stedman Bailey if he comes out wouldnt be a bad look. Think Davone Bess with speed.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
ajiggel72

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Would Byrd be an expensive pickup? Him + Jones puts two playmakers where we've sorely lacked them.

He certainly won't be cheap. I would say he will demand about what SeanSmith will be paid this offseason (7.5 mill a yr).
phinmun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajiggel72 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

He certainly won't be cheap. I would say he will demand about what SeanSmith will be paid this offseason (7.5 mill a yr).

I wouldn't pay Sean Smith that much because he's not worth it now and he's not going to get any better. (My opinion).

What makes me hesitate on Byrd is that we drafted Clemons as a steal and he's a very solid coverage FS. I'd like to make my judgement on Chris Clemons after we get a more solid, consistent and even pass rush up front.

I just don't think we're seeing the full potential of Clemons with how uneven the pressure is and with this being our 1st season in this new defense.

Give our 2 Safeties a couple years to get used to their roles and maybe a slightly better rush and I think they're both capable of being great players. Jones plays the more physical position so he's less limited by the pass rush, but I think Clemons is being hand-cuffed a little.
finsyanksmancs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Players I Want for the 2013 Miami Dolphins Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
finsyanksmancs wrote:
My idea for this thread is for anyone to suggest a player we should draft, not just in round 1, and why. I'll start with someone I think could be a difference maker.

Denard Robinson, Michigan

Not to play QB, of course. I'm not sure I've seen many players who move better in the open field. I envision lining him up all over the field, wideout, slot, in the back field, etc. He could also return kicks for us. Think Brad Smith, Randall Cobb, or Julian Edelman. I'd be thrilled if we could get him in round 3.
Or Pat White.

Go away

Sig by: PatsDynasty21
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this Alabama vs Georgia game and I am liking what I am seeing with WR Tavarres King Georgia. Maybe in the 4th round

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the 6'6" 270lb beast TE Michael Williams from Alabama? Athletic, decent hands, and a blocks like a tackle. Him in the 4th and Ertz/Fauria in the 2nd would make a nice TE duo.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
What about the 6'6" 270lb beast TE Michael Williams from Alabama? Athletic, decent hands, and a blocks like a tackle. Him in the 4th and Ertz/Fauria in the 2nd would make a nice TE duo.
Williams is not athletic. He's slow as molasses. Basically another Joey Haynos.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Williams is not athletic. He's slow as molasses.

You can be athletic but not fast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: