Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Was Jim Brown right?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not Hillis, I think it could go back to Derek Anderson against the Chiefs. The legend!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
BF4L wrote:
JB was a great player in his day but its an opinion.

As far a Trent's day against PB, let us not forget the 15 yard rushing touchdown he had against them.

So can anyone here tell me the last Cleveland Brown to have a 15 yards or better TD run in a victory?
Before this week it still would have been Trich. Before that, Peyton Hillis when we beat the Pats?

Yessir, Richardson had a 26 yarder vs the Bolts earlier in the year.

But Hillis had a 24 yarder last year vs the Colts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Was Jim Brown right? Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
As we all know, after the selection of Richardson last April Jim Brown declared him an 'average' RB, a notion we all (including myself) scoffed at.

But, since those words have been spoken Richardson has had a chance to prove Brown right or wrong. Which has he done in your opinion.

My take?

Richardson has proved to be a very good receiver out of the backfield who also blocks very well for a rookie.

As a runner he is patient and pounds on a defense. Arm tackles and stepping out of bounds simply aren't part of this kids game.

The one part of his game I've been somewhat underwhelmed by is is breakaway speed/ability, or lack thereof.

I believe 32 yards is his season long. I guess I was expecting a bit more explosion than what I've seen so far.

Overall I've been pleased with what he's done and think the YPC will increase as the offense matures.

What say you guys?

If the run happened at the 1 yard line it would have been 99 yards. The man is a beast. Plain and simple
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
If not Hillis, I think it could go back to Derek Anderson against the Chiefs. The legend!

Derek Anderson will always be a legend in my eyes for that game alone.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to the mix today:

20 carries for 72 yards and 1 TD (3.6 ypa) to go with 3 receptions for 23 yards.

For me, no real change. Sealed the win with some 3 yard runs in the 4th, which was solid. Still lacked explosiveness IMO, longest run was 9 yards.

This was against a team who was 28th in rushing yards against entering the game.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Adding to the mix today:

20 carries for 72 yards and 1 TD (3.6 ypa) to go with 3 receptions for 23 yards.

For me, no real change. Sealed the win with some 3 yard runs in the 4th, which was solid. Still lacked explosiveness IMO, longest run was 9 yards.

This was against a team who was 28th in rushing yards against entering the game.

Agree for the most part.

Though, I really don't think our line is that good at run blocking. I understand Hardesty breaks off some good ones, but I just think our OG's constantly get pushed in to the backfield and destroy our plays.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another week in the books, another sampling to add.

18 carries, 42 yards, 2.3 ypc, 2 TD's.

1 rec for 9 yards.

Should have had a receiving TD that was called back by a poor call. Showed great hands though.

As I've said before, the kid seems to lack anything that even resembles explosiveness right now. 2.3 YPC gets most guys a ride on the pine, but TRich seems untouchable almost.

Hardesty had more yards on roughly half the carries, so it isn't the OL.

I wish nothing but the best for the kid, but so far there is a good bit left to be desired.

Also as I've said before, I'm guessing he'll improve, probably significantly, next season.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
BgDawg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Another week in the books, another sampling to add.

18 carries, 42 yards, 2.3 ypc, 2 TD's.

1 rec for 9 yards.

Should have had a receiving TD that was called back by a poor call. Showed great hands though.

As I've said before, the kid seems to lack anything that even resembles explosiveness right now. 2.3 YPC gets most guys a ride on the pine, but TRich seems untouchable almost.

Hardesty had more yards on roughly half the carries, so it isn't the OL.

I wish nothing but the best for the kid, but so far there is a good bit left to be desired.

Also as I've said before, I'm guessing he'll improve, probably significantly, next season.

Would have to watch the game again, but I did not see too many plays where he left yards out on the field. I agree that there is room for improvement, namely the unnecessary dancing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: