Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The real reason why QB Jackson has not been active
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: The real reason why QB Jackson has not been active Reply with quote

Buffalo traded a 7th round pick for Tarvaris Jackson that actually becomes a 6th round pick if he is active for at least six games. I'm thinking he won't be active until week 13 (at home against the Jaguars).
marioQBkilla

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope for the Bills sake this isn't true.

Knowing how this franchise works though it probably is Laughing
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading this earlier when we made the trade. Either way he is.a better player than 99%.of 7th round picks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we drop both games out west and return home and blow it against Tennessee, do we see Jackson get the nod during the bye week? thoughts?
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand why they aren't giving Jackson 2nd team reps during the week and trying to get him up to speed. They obviously don't trust Thigpen, all it takes is one big hit for him to have to go in. Get Jackson 2nd team reps during the week and hope you don't have to play Thigpen until Jackson is ready.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
If we drop both games out west and return home and blow it against Tennessee, do we see Jackson get the nod during the bye week? thoughts?

I think if we lose to the Titans, the blame would be on Wanny and the D, not on Fitz, so I doubt T-Jax starts the next game. The Titans offense is really that inept.

As for the Cards, who are my favorite NFC team, I think we have a legitimate chance of upsetting them. Our offense is far from a consistent performer, but we can put up points quickly from time to time. That would likely be our saving grace. If we can hit them with a flurry of quick scores, I doubt they could recover. They won't be able to consistently run the ball on us and there OT's & RG are mediocre at best on a good day. Offensively, my biggest concern about them is not Fitzgerald, but their TE's, who could embarrass our LBers much like the Patriots have in the past.

Finally, the 49ers...Their WR's drop more passes than any other team in the league, over 10%! Shocked Their running game, though tough, is not what it has been in recent years. I think we can do a decent job limiting that attack...I mean they will get their fair share of yards as long as we stay in a base 4-3 (You hear me Wanny? Limit the use of the nickel package, m'kay!?!), but I feel we might not give up more than 2 rushing TD's. Once again, it's the TE position that worries me. Wanne needs to find some way to mask the deficiencies of our LBers if we are going to compete in this game.

Anyway, long story short, I think we'll be competitive enough in the next 3 games, where (barring injury) T-Jax never becomes a realistic option to start.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart keeping him inactive, why give up 30 plus players in the draft late nobodies or not. Let fitz succeeded or fail with certainty and draft qb next year. This team is not any better with Jackson on the bench as active or inactive.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be the week that he's at least active?
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
Could this be the week that he's at least active?

Well since he hasn't been active, I assume that Thigpen has been getting the reps Fitzy hasn't. So is he even ready?

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the case then let him be active during Jags, at some point you just have to bench Fitzpatrick and see what this guy can do for multiple reasons:

1 If he actually can play then cut thigpen and save some money
2 Bench Fitzpatrick and if he does well the last 5-6 games then you sign him to a small contract like thigpen did. Cut fitzpatrick and draft a qb.

Clearly Fitzptrick isnt the qb the organization has hoped he was which I could have told you that when they resigned him last year. Now its time to move on without him and see what TJax can do for atleast a back up next year. Thigpen is a FA and I think any qb is better then that guy.

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yet again, T. Jackson inactive.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Why did we even trade for him?! He will be a free agent next year and no chance he comes back, we basically threw away a 7th round pick for a guy to be inactive all 16 games. Pathetic.

The way Gailey talks about him in his press conference makes me think the Bills believe he is mentally slow.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Why did we even trade for him?! He will be a free agent next year and no chance he comes back, we basically threw away a 7th round pick for a guy to be inactive all 16 games. Pathetic.

The way Gailey talks about him in his press conference makes me think the Bills believe he is mentally slow.
Which is funny because he started and did decent for 2 different teams (Seattle and Minnesota)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Welcome to the Buffalos Bills FO ideas.

"Throw away a 7th round pick on a guy who will never even be active once? Brilliant!" It makes no sense to me. Maybe he was brought in so we can give him a 1 year deal afterwords to groom a young gun behind him and cut Fitzy?

I just don't get the logic (or lack thereof) of our FO.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Welcome to the Buffalos Bills FO ideas.

"Throw away a 7th round pick on a guy who will never even be active once? Brilliant!" It makes no sense to me. Maybe he was brought in so we can give him a 1 year deal afterwords to groom a young gun behind him and cut Fitzy?

I just don't get the logic (or lack thereof) of our FO.

I keep trying to tell people, the economics won't let this happen probably the next two years. Pretty much we lose money if we cut Fitz the next two years, it would be cheaper for us to keep him on the team.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: