Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rolando McClain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Rolando McClain Reply with quote

Anyone think we will have interest in him. Just got cut from Oakland. I know he had some off the field issues, but he would most likely be one of our better LB's and could at least add some competition. I think it would be worth a look

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on you

No thank you. He is slow and can shed blocks. Not to mention his terrible off the field issues. He just isnt worth the head ache.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he might not have been cut after all ...

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The Raiders say Rolando McClain is still on the team. His reps say they have not been notified. McClain, apparently, disagrees #weird

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
And poof. Rolando McClain's Facebook wall has been wiped clean of that long thread about the Raiders kinda sorta maybe cutting him

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't touch him with a 3000 mile pole.

Terrible character, health problems, doesn't seem the kind of guy we can just plug and play.

No thanks.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm really not interested in other's dirty laundry.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, I havent seen enough Raiders games so just wanted the opioions of everyone else. Sometimes a change of scenery does wonders for a persons career but if what you guys are saying is true makes sense to stay away.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy was a beast at Alabama. He hasnt done anything wrong off the field he has issues with Oakland organization SHOCKER everyone does they people working there are a joke. As for bringing him in if he was a free agent I would be all for it, It wouldnt hurt as the bills LBs corps sucks and they could use an upgrade. Not many good FA are coming out this offseason in that position.

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
The guy was a beast at Alabama. He hasnt done anything wrong off the field he has issues with Oakland organization SHOCKER everyone does they people working there are a joke. As for bringing him in if he was a free agent I would be all for it, It wouldnt hurt as the bills LBs corps sucks and they could use an upgrade. Not many good FA are coming out this offseason in that position.
he is way too much of a head case ... He is slow, takes bad angles, doesn't hustle on every play. Not to mention his terrible off the field issues. We don't have any players with off the field issues our FO doesn't bring those types of players here. Plus he isn't good enough to look past those said issues.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see this guy as a nut case he has had an issue off the field but he shouldnt be shut out of the league. The guy has potential to be a great LB or he wouldnt have been drafted so high. The bills are hurting on LB and they desperately need upgrades at the positions. Bringing him in and seeing what he can do cant hurt if he has another out burst then cut him if he becomes who he was in college and what people thought of him the bills win. Low risk high reward I dont see a problem with this. Off field issues can be controlled with a good organization. Oakland is known to be the screws up of the NFL. Giving him a second shot and helping the bills get better doesnt seem like a huge issue to me.

Thanks Max
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
The guy was a beast at Alabama.

Lots of guys have been beasts at Alabama. Doesn't mean anything when talking about the NFL. Has Terrance Cody done anything spectacular in Baltimore?

cdavls17 wrote:
The guy has potential to be a great LB or he wouldnt have been drafted so high.

I don't need to go into the list of guys that were drafted high and turned out to be complete bums.

These arguments are totally invalid. He hasn't become what he was supposed to be. He hasn't lived up to the hype, or draft position. Like TommyC said, he takes bad angles, doesn't give his full effort, and isn't fast enough to help in coverage.

I understand that he had issues with Oakland's personnel, and that he isn't the first, and won't be the last, that will have those issues, but not giving 100% on every play is a terrible way to "showcase" yourself for other teams. I would have a lot more respect for him, and I'd probably want to give him a shot, had he played his heart out for Oakland, even in the midst of his beef with them.

Thanks but no thanks.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to McClain.. Average LB with head case issues
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying your happy with the bills LB corps and wouldnt take a low risk to bring him in and see what he can do? Unbelievable if your happy with what they have they are terrible and need upgrades. Im not saying McClain is the answer im saying you need to fix this position and since there isnt anyone available to fix the spot bring the guy in. Some players actually perform better with different teams. I just think taking a shot on someone and it doesnt cost much to bring him in why would you decline that?

your not giving up draft picks if he turns out to be a FA soon and your not going to spend much money on the guy. Low risk and potential high risk, you argument about him being nut job can easily be wiped out because if a guy acts up cut him no questions asked. If he doesnt perform well on the field cut him. If he preforms well and keeps his mouth shut you have an answer at one position the bills would need to fill this offseason.

whoelse would you think the bills can bring in that would be a starting caliber LB in FA or the draft? The only one is Jarvis Jones who will be drafted top 3 and Monte Te'o who is easily taken in top 5-8 spot in draft so I dont see any other LB that can make an instant impact. As for FA the only one is Barwin from Houston who will be franchised so no one in that position will be avialble.

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
So your saying your happy with the bills LB corps and wouldnt take a low risk to bring him in and see what he can do? Unbelievable if your happy with what they have they are terrible and need upgrades. Im not saying McClain is the answer im saying you need to fix this position and since there isnt anyone available to fix the spot bring the guy in. Some players actually perform better with different teams. I just think taking a shot on someone and it doesnt cost much to bring him in why would you decline that?

your not giving up draft picks if he turns out to be a FA soon and your not going to spend much money on the guy. Low risk and potential high risk, you argument about him being nut job can easily be wiped out because if a guy acts up cut him no questions asked. If he doesnt perform well on the field cut him. If he preforms well and keeps his mouth shut you have an answer at one position the bills would need to fill this offseason.

whoelse would you think the bills can bring in that would be a starting caliber LB in FA or the draft? The only one is Jarvis Jones who will be drafted top 3 and Monte Te'o who is easily taken in top 5-8 spot in draft so I dont see any other LB that can make an instant impact. As for FA the only one is Barwin from Houston who will be franchised so no one in that position will be avialble.

We're saying he doesn't make the team any better. He's clearly, blatantly, obviously worse than the guys we have now. Slow, gives minimal effort, takes terrible angles, and is a cancer for the locker room. He would bring nothing and be no more than a detriment. Nobody called him a "nutjob" that's a strawman mate. We're saying he's got off the field issue because surprise surprise, he does. He threatened to kill somebody over the offseason, he's been a cancer in the Oakland locker room, and he doesn't TRY when he's on the field. That's not a player I want within 100 miles of OBD, and no bills fan should want that either. There is a difference between taking a shot on a guy, and bringing in someone who has the potential to actually make the team worse.

Hell, if your using past draft stock as an indicator for bringing in a guy, bring in Curry, he's got far far less off the field issues that McClain does, but he's still too slow, and takes bad angles.

Do we have a glaring need at LB? Yes. Would bringing in McClain be anything other than a one year band-aid on a roster that's not making the playoffs anyway? No.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We absolutely need a upgrade at LB tho.. Lots of options in draft, Barnett and Sheppard will stay as well.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Are you thinking for the rest of this season? If so, just how fast do you think he will learn our defense? My guess is that at best it would take until the end of the season. Then, you would have a linebacker who is not even good enough to be called average ready to play next season on what will likely be a different defense! So, then we'd have to start the learning process all over again. Just sounds like a major waste to me. When you throw in his other issues...it becomes ridiculous.

BTW, this upcoming draft is actually pretty strong for LBers and I'm hoping we spend 2 of our 1st 3 picks on them. Players like Manti Te'o and Shayne Skov would be upgrades on the inside and C.J. Mosely and Arthur Brown would be upgrades on the outside. And that's just scratching the surface of whats available in just the 1st 3 rounds!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: