Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Exactly, so why trade him? If you dont like him as #1/#2 WR just dont force him to be that. Doesnt mean you have to get rid of him. Then you have to replace your depth anyways so why make the change.

Because he reminds you of the Al Davis era and you don't like him. Same reason DVD and Chekwa have been replaced with the bums currently on this roster. Ego trip decisions. It's about to happen, no doubt.

Laughing

You honestly think that? DVD and check couldn't beat out those bums. Did you watch DVD in preseason?

Yes. A GM wouldn't release 2nd year players to replace them with the likes of Adams, Francies and Ross if he was responsible for their drafting. This isn't to say both of them played well but the guys who took their spots haven't exactly been upgrades. This is more about keeping your people, which happens in any business with a new boss.

So Wiz, Veldheer, Branch and every other Al Davis pick will be gone this off-season?

Probably not, as they've already proved to be good players. DVD and Chekwa weren't given the chance to develop and were replaced by subpar players who at best are in the same situation, as they need time to develop.

Is that not what the practice squad is for?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

Is that not what the practice squad is for?

It probably is. And that's where those other guys seem to belong as well.
early43

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Coaching Changes:

Pat Hill is a regraded coach. But is bringing in another rookie the best option?

Free Agency:

Good additions. Dorsey or Hill is priority #1 IMO. Need vet Dline to help build around.

Goldson will be expensive. Raiders had him in year before last and should have signed him then. Mistake then and he's only gotten better.

Trade

Dream scenario, but DHB isn't being traded w/ his contract IMO. He's about as valuable as Murphy, which is to say not very.

Draft

Cleveland going WR - Nothing to do w/ Oakland but Little and Gordon in the last 2 drafts. Don't see it.

In favor of a trade down, but Jordan is a bad pick. He's a late 1st type. Situational pass rusher. Raiders need more of an impact.

Trufant will be a 2nd round pick.

Gholston will go way earlier than the 6th. He's already ascending the draft boards.

Overall, some good things. I don't like the draft pick of Jordan that high. Love Dorsey in FA, he'd be a nice piece. If McClain is still a Raider and getting starting reps, it's not a good look.

Rookie in terms of NFL playcalling but didnt he calls the plays at Fresno St? Hes got experience and always seemed like a good play caller. Plus his Fresno St. teams always performed well against ranked teams.

Also, with Cleveland, they need more offensive pieces to build around their 30 yr old QB wouldnt you agree? Little and Gordon are both promising but could they really afford to pass on the best WR in the draft? They have a solid defense but I guess I could see them going with a pass rusher tho.
early43

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dion Jordan is not the best option for us there even at DE IMO

Yeah, DaMontre Moore is the consensus 1st edge rusher off the board atm. Mingo is slowly falling. JJ doesn't play DE (I've never seen him with his hand in the dirt).

visually appealing. at least I can read it.

Agreed but has he said if hes declaring? I would happily have him over Jordan but I wasnt sure if he declared yet. Really, another trade down would be ideal IMO but I didnt want to too crazy. I picked Jordan with the thinking on what Seattle did with Bruce Irvin. Grab the best pass rusher left.
early43

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Teams would run all over us.... again.

Why? Cuz I dont have us starting a 350lb DT?
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Trade down and Zeke pick, but i think we need and DE and Jordan isn't really one.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

No b/c I don't see either of those being able to handle the middle. I obviously could be wrong but just based off what I've seen, I don't think it would be the best fit. That;s all

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dion Jordan is not the best option for us there even at DE IMO

Yeah, DaMontre Moore is the consensus 1st edge rusher off the board atm. Mingo is slowly falling. JJ doesn't play DE (I've never seen him with his hand in the dirt).

visually appealing. at least I can read it.

Agreed but has he said if hes declaring? I would happily have him over Jordan but I wasnt sure if he declared yet. Really, another trade down would be ideal IMO but I didnt want to too crazy. I picked Jordan with the thinking on what Seattle did with Bruce Irvin. Grab the best pass rusher left.

Returning to school would be a monumental mistake for Moore. You can't account for stupid in a mock. I would assume he is coming out as a projected Top 5 pick.
early43

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
early43 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

No b/c I don't see either of those being able to handle the middle. I obviously could be wrong but just based off what I've seen, I don't think it would be the best fit. That;s all

I hear you and ill admit its not the most ideal DT rotation but were goin to be up against the cap again I'm assuming. I'm think the DT from Utah would be the better selection now from all the responses to Jordan being too high. But we're still out alas rusher which is what's killing us this year... McK def has his hands full.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: