Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Former LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu is declaring for the draft. How far would he have to drop for you to want him? Or who says we stay away from him entirely.

Having a problem with marijuana and living in Oakland doesn't go well together.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
I'd roll the dice on him in the third.

Even w/ him being out of football for over a year and his off-field issues?

Yes even with that in mind. Its a gamble for sure, but his football skills are that of a guy worthy of a first round selection and you don't find that very often. Were a team with very little talent, especially on defense. Gilligan the dice in the third round d isn't going to cripple your franchise if it doesn't work out, and being drafted there could really motivate the kid. The risk vs reward makes it worth it. If he pans out you have an extremely talented football player, if he doesn't get his act together you missed on a third round pick.Its easy to say were in a position where we can't afford to miss on any of our picks, but again I would argue were in that position because we have little talent and every prospect can bust.

This would also depend on who is available obviously. I wouldn't pass on a guy that I had a first round value on that dropped with less off the field issues.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be in favor of using a 5th round pick on Mathieu if he's available. He's not the best in man to man coverage but he's a defensive playmaker and that's something we lack in our secondary. He has a knack for forcing turnovers and coming up with big plays and he isn't scared to lay the wood or come up in run support. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a starter in the NFL but he should be a really good nickelback in the league assuming he gets his act together. Plus he's going to be the best return man in the draft and that's a nice bonus.

It'll be interesting to see how he tests out at the combine and how well he interviews.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pick him (Mathieu). That doesn't seem like a big problem (at least to me). He WOULD be in Cali, though. Janoris Jenkins is working out alright for St. Louis though thus far and if we can pick him with a mid rounder like a 4th then I'd go for it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'd be in favor of using a 5th round pick on Mathieu if he's available. He's not the best in man to man coverage but he's a defensive playmaker and that's something we lack in our secondary. He has a knack for forcing turnovers and coming up with big plays and he isn't scared to lay the wood or come up in run support. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a starter in the NFL but he should be a really good nickelback in the league assuming he gets his act together. Plus he's going to be the best return man in the draft and that's a nice bonus.

It'll be interesting to see how he tests out at the combine and how well he interviews.

The Raiders need a KR/PR guy, so it's win win. He could be a ST ace with room to grow.

He really cleaned up I read. He was staying with Pat Peterson's parents I think and got away from some of the bad influence.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to Mathieu his football ability is unquestioned. I think at a certain point in the draft where you're picking on potential or hoping to find a gem why not give him a shot?

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Former LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu is declaring for the draft. How far would he have to drop for you to want him? Or who says we stay away from him entirely.

LOL. word. exactly. + not the type McKenzie is interested in at all. The Honey Badger has no chance to be drafted by Oakland, imo.

In addition, Mathieu is only a slot CB/RS at best and should not be compared to Janoris. With only a tiny bit research you will find that LSU considered losing Mathieu no big loss. Lastly, he was arrested again for possession 2 weeks after rehab. . . . . Please.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNich0622 wrote:
In regards to Mathieu his football ability is unquestioned. I think at a certain point in the draft where you're picking on potential or hoping to find a gem why not give him a shot?

Mathieu's ability IS unquestioned. Research. Hopefully the Raiders do not spend a mid-round draft pick on a one-trick RS pony with questionable character. Trust when I say that irony is never lost when this board comes to the defense of a player who struggles with . . . *cough, wheeeeezzzeee* . . . marijuana.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
NickButera wrote:

LOL. word. exactly. + not the type McKenzie is interested in at all. The Honey Badger has no chance to be drafted by Oakland, imo.

In addition, Mathieu is only a slot CB/RS at best and should not be compared to Janoris. With only a tiny bit research you will find that LSU considered losing Mathieu no big loss. Lastly, he was arrested again for possession 2 weeks after rehab. . . . . Please.

RMK said he would have picked Jenkins. Just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Hearsay. I'll believe it when McKenzie is either directly quoted OR he actually drafts someone of questionable character. So far McKenzie has held rock solid verbatim to his word.

Bonez wrote:
Totty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

I wouldn't mind taking a 7th round on him but that's about it. He made plays but dude is pretty tiny. Wasn't he only like 5'7" or something?

So was Bob Sanders. I would take a flyer on the guy in the 6th round.

The only part of this I don't like is that we don't have the 'Ray Lewis' type of leadership in ou locker room to keep a guy like Mathieu in check.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Hearsay. I'll believe it when McKenzie is either directly quoted OR he actually drafts someone of questionable character. So far McKenzie has held rock solid verbatim to his word.

And Jenkins >>>>>>>>> Mathieu
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

I wouldn't mind taking a 7th round on him but that's about it. He made plays but dude is pretty tiny. Wasn't he only like 5'7" or something?

The only part of this I don't like is that we don't have the 'Ray Lewis' type of leadership in ou locker room to keep a guy like Mathieu in check.

We might draft the ray Lewis type in the first.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Rumor was McKenzie's guy was Janoris Jenkins had he had a 1st round pick this year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Yet......

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 56 of 100

Jump to: