Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I'll take me some Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, or Manti Te'o.
I'd take Te'o out of the 3 because he's a Reggie type of player, and besides when is the last time a Samoan was as disappointing as a Al Davis draft pick? They're all awesome at football!

Reggie loves average linebackers or what?

Star Lotulelei me up I said...and yes Reggie does love average LB's. Outside of Clay Mathews wheat"s GB ever had? Barnett?

Unless we move to a 3-4 Manti Te'o is a terrible fit. And even then 3-4 ILB are a dime in a dozen and aren't worth top ten picks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
i want star. ngata clone

This. He's my first choice too. Ngata was my first choice years ago. I'd love to see the Raiders make up for it now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I'll take me some Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, or Manti Te'o.
I'd take Te'o out of the 3 because he's a Reggie type of player, and besides when is the last time a Samoan was as disappointing as a Al Davis draft pick? They're all awesome at football!

I doubt a MLB with a top 5 pick is a Reggie kind of move though, at least I hope not. He shouldn't need reminding what happened to his old organisation when they went for a MLB with a high pick.

AJ Hawk aint Samoan. Yes, I put stock into his descent. Football is like a religion to some of them man! This young man can step in this locker room and provide LOADS of leadership and intensity. His character is outstanding. 2 things this defense has zero of, well Lamarr Houston is that but that's why he's a cornerstone in our future as well.
I'd love a Te'o pickup.

Rugby is the national sport of Samoa, not football.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The injury concerns are valid but outside of that the guy is the real deal. I've been the leader of the bandwagon since he stepped on the field at Georgia. Not only is he an animal at rushing the passer but he's also known for making plays in the run game and he's got a motor that doesn't quit. He's a guy that you can build an elite defense around. If he's available he would be my pick without any hesitation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the georgia and bama game,Jarvis Jones and georgia can not stop the run,they have already given up 300 yards on the ground,he does not look like a impact player and definetly not worthy of a top 15 pick.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Watching the georgia and bama game,Jarvis Jones and georgia can not stop the run,they have already given up 300 yards on the ground,he does not look like a impact player and definetly not worthy of a top 15 pick.

Just because of this game? Georgia's DLine looks like the problem. Big runs up the middle.

Jones had a sack and a FF and brought plenty of pressure throughout the game.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Just because of this game? Georgia's DLine looks like the problem. Big runs up the middle.

I thought for sure I'd come in here and see this, not the run game statement. He was s force as usual. Gonna be a beast for whoever drafts him, wouldn't mind if it was us.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer other choices and his health issues scare me, but we could do a lot worse than JJ

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
jaredred1097

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take a linebacker in 1st I'd rather have ta'o more of a leader n plays harder then mayb try n find a nose tackle love to trade down but I'm sure we all would
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd prefer other choices and his health issues scare me, but we could do a lot worse than JJ

This along w/ I think he's kinda overrated and I don't think our current defense would utilize his strengths.

PM sig requests.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Nailed it. We have been terrible against the run all year, but a lot of it falls on the DL and its one of the reasons I don't like Jenkins and Geathers as much as others. They don't hold the POA and often take themselves out of plays in a similar way that TK and Seymour do here.

I'm not going to say Jones did a great job defending the run yesterday, but he has been solid in that regard all year, and to be frank you don't draft JJ to fix the run defense, you bring him in to be an elite pass rusher.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Nailed it. We have been terrible against the run all year, but a lot of it falls on the DL and its one of the reasons I don't like Jenkins and Geathers as much as others. They don't hold the POA and often take themselves out of plays in a similar way that TK and Seymour do here.

I'm not going to say Jones did a great job defending the run yesterday, but he has been solid in that regard all year, and to be frank you don't draft JJ to fix the run defense, you bring him in to be an elite pass rusher.

+1 to the bold

I'm high on Jenkins and Geathers, however they did not have great games but then we are talking about an OL with 3 bonafide 1st rounders in Flucker, Warmack and B.Jones and a future 1st in Kuo. The Tide was able to control the interior at will by doubling and getting movement. I can't think of a DT in football that can hold the POA vs. Jones and Warmack.

Actually I am breaking down the Tide/UGA game while I wait for NFL kickoff. LG Warmack has solidified himself as a 1st rounder, imo. WOW! What a game he had. Crazy agility and 1st step for a man his size and an academic all-american, iirc.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

This along w/ I think he's kinda overrated and I don't think our current defense would utilize his strengths.

Overrated how? You don't think Allen & Tarver could utilize him like Allen did with Von miller last year?

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

+1 to the bold

I'm high on Jenkins and Geathers, however they did not have great games but then we are talking about an OL with 3 bonafide 1st rounders in Flucker, Warmack and B.Jones and a future 1st in Kuo. The Tide was able to control the interior at will by doubling and getting movement. I can't think of a DT in football that can hold the POA vs. Jones and Warmack.

Actually I am breaking down the Tide/UGA game while I wait for NFL kickoff. LG Warmack has solidified himself as a 1st rounder, imo. WOW! What a game he had. Crazy agility and 1st step for a man his size and an academic all-american, iirc.

I trade down and take Warmack all day and twice on Sundays. And with the extra pick take the BPA at CB.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

+1 to the bold

I trade down and take Warmack all day and twice on Sundays. And with the extra pick take the BPA at CB.

Totally agree. Based on all I have read, though at a position of lower priority he's the best prospect at his position in the draft. Too bad he's a G, but it's your best chance at pro bowl play setting aside position. So trade back and take the hopeful pro bowler at perhaps our weakest position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: