Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Benson done for the season.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Benson done for the season. Reply with quote

I saw on the Milw Journal Sentinel web site a couple of minutes ago that Benson had season ending surgery on that foot. Sad I wonder if he'll be invited back in 2013?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never hoped I would say this at the start of the season, but TT please sign Ryan Grant. He already knows the scheme, and is far better then the turd trio we're using.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if TT and CO bungled the IR designate to return by not using it on Bishop....

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Redskins cut Grant?

R-E-L-A-X
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
I'm wondering if TT and CO bungled the IR designate to return by not using it on Bishop....
Couldn't use it on Bish. To use the IR to return the player had to be on the opening day 53 man roster. Bishop went on IR during preseaosn. Here's a quote from an article i found about it...

"1. Only players with a "major injury" who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/8/30/3280056/nfl-injured-reserve-rules

GoPackGo wrote:
Yes, he is currently a FA. Giants had him in for a look see but signed Kregg Lumpkin and Ryan Torain over him.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Last edited by Ketchup on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Couldn't use it on Bish. To use the IR to return the player had to be on the opening day 53 man roster. Bishop went on IR during preseaosn.

No we had a chance to take Bish off IR and then designate him to return. There was a huge thing about it.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

Yes right around Halloween I remember.

Also, with Bishop, has anyone read he would even be ready to play? He needed surgery to repair a pretty serious hamgstring injury. Doubt the time fram for his return would be much different than an ACL.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Couldn't use it on Bish. To use the IR to return the player had to be on the opening day 53 man roster. Bishop went on IR during preseaosn.

No we had a chance to take Bish off IR and then designate him to return. There was a huge thing about it.
Once your on IR, you can't take him off. Don't know where you heard that from. Bishop was placed on IR on August 27th. You had to be placed on IR after September 4th to be eligible to return.

rbens06

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Yes right around Halloween I remember.

Also, with Bishop, has anyone read he would even be ready to play? He needed surgery to repair a pretty serious hamgstring injury. Doubt the time fram for his return would be much different than an ACL.

I remember seeing that his time frame to come back would have been around mid-to-late December at the best. I think it was basically that at a best case scenario he might have been ready for a couple of regular season games or the playoff push. This would have assumed there were no hitches in his rehab. I believe the rationale was it is better for his and the teams long term plans to IR him and let him completely heal rather then rush him back and seriously re-injure or injure something else because he is overworking some other muscle or body part, i.e. his knee.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Once your on IR, you can't take him off. Don't know where you heard that from. Bishop was placed on IR on August 27th. You had to be placed on IR after September 4th to be eligible to return.

IMO that's a moot point, they would've waited a week to put him on IR if they thought he could recover in time to play. Does anyone have anything from Bishop saying that he is even close to playing at this point? I think TT put him on IR cause he's shut down for months not weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

IMO that's a moot point, they would've waited a week to put him on IR if they thought he could recover in time to play. Does anyone have anything from Bishop saying that he is even close to playing at this point? I think TT put him on IR cause he's shut down for months not weeks.
Bishop was on IR before the new rule was even announced.

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Bishop was on IR before the new rule was even announced.

Not true, yes it was before they were finalized by league vote, but news broke that they were changing IR rules before the season started. Same with the trade deadline, I even remember us talking about Bishop going on the new IR when the injury happened.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ World Peace doesn't come back to Green Bay in 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ql5zSVmEY
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

The hamstring injury he sustained was a full tear from what I remember. That takes months to recover from. Even then, I would say it is a good 6 months to get over a deep hamstring, just saying. I think shelving Bishop was the right thing to do. Things just did not work out with Benson. Everyone needs to just accept that and move on.

The loss of Bishop and now Bulaga have really left some immediate gaping holes this year though huh? Laughing Not getting hardly any fumble turnovers without Bishop's hitting and attitude out there. The Bulaga injury has our entire offensive line in disarray against quality dlines. Part of the game, our depth just has not performed as well as it has in the past at these two positions.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Gran't got something left, look at his last few games with us last year. Over 4 ypc in all of them and he really came on in the passing game. I'd take Grant's typical 10 carries of 2,3,4,2,5,1,67,2,4, and 3 yards over the -2 to 4 yard gains we get from Starks and Green, at least RG broke one from time to time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: