Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

my 2013 mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Aaron Murray, a junior, come out early to be a 3rd round pick? Even if they win this weekend and go on to win the BCSCG, why not go back for another year to refine your game and at least get into the 2nd round?

Some believe Murray can be a 1st rounder given the weak class, and some stellar performances here in his last two games. I doubt that, but that is the only scenario I see him coming out, to be a 1st round pick. Otherwise, he returns to Georgia, thus killing your mock.

And there is not a chance in hell Cassel returns next year to this team. He's been benched for Quinn, who lord have mercy needs to be benched for Stanzi after one more bad performance if not already. The players have no faith in him, that much is obvious, and the fans simply would not stomach seeing him in red, even on the sidelines, in 2013. Also, I doubt much if any of his remaining contract is guaranteed, so cutting him is not an issue.

Now, to the notion of waiting on a QB. I do believe there's a good chance Geno or someone emerges as a top 5 prospect (traditional positional value factored in anyway), but if I've got say two players as blue chip, can't miss, HOF potential players, and a QB with several "questions." I'm going to think long and hard about it.

Ideally, I'd like to see us approach UFA in pursuit of a solid vet who can be as much as a stop-gap if needed, but also a solid back-up. This would be Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Jason Campbell, and maybe a few others. Coupled with Stanzi, this gives us a little flexibility at least. Without that guy, we'd be almost forced to reach on a QB in the 1st.

We could then go BPA factoring in both value and some level of need for someone like Jones, Moore, Joeckel (if Albert isn't tagged), or Star. We then look to the top of the 2nd for a QB. FYI, Walterfootball currently has Tyler Wilson falling all the way to #33 overall. I could not think of a better scenario short of trading out of the #1 pick then taking a blue chip player in the 1st, and then getting a QB like Wilson in the 2nd.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:

finally someone gets it taking a qb 1st overall just becuase he's a qb can do more damage to a team then good if he's not worthy of the spot. the differance between Smith,Manuel,Murray,Jones isnt that great i happen to like the way Murray and Jones play i think they fit our ball controll run first style.

This is our style more out of necessity than personnel. When your stable of QB's is this bad, you have no choice but to use ball control. We could be a ball control offense with Charles, Hillis (if applicable), and Gray...but our current personnel fits best to be a pass/balanced type offense (assuming we get a good QB).

Charles is not ideally a 20-30 carry a game RB and at this point the dropoff is immense between him and the next guy...in other words our stable of receiving targets have more potential with a good QB than our 2nd tier RB's. So what would really scare opposing teams is if our passing game became competent and explosive and when we did run, it was JC a higher majority of the time that it is currently. Hopefully in the future, he can stay on the field for more plays in a row, even 3rd downs Shocked and not be overused because we're actually mixing it up.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on ignoring our biggest need.QB must be addressed befor anything else

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: