Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

There is Buzz In the Scouting Community That.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Geno Smith Go #1 Overall?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Whatever Stchamp98 Says
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those big guys are a little careful about where they go with their QB rankings especially with a high profile guy. If they talk down about him and he does well it is almost as if "Well how did you miss what was so obvious"?

Barkley to me reminds me a little of Brohm and a little of Quinn in terms of how the draft stock is going to go.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USC's season went down the tubes because they have the worst coach in the country. Last season Barkley carried his team and threw 39 TD's, 7 INT's at nearly 70% in a pro style offense. Just saying don't judge off one year.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
USC's season went down the tubes because they have the worst coach in the country. Last season Barkley carried his team and threw 39 TD's, 7 INT's at nearly 70% in a pro style offense. Just saying don't judge off one year.

That offense isn't a pro style offense. It's the same thing they're running this year.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

He may have take a lot of snaps from under-center, but the route schemes were far from "Pro Style" USC basically ran Flys, Posts, Drags and Screens for the entire 2010 season.

Find me footage of Barkley throwing a deep out or a deep comeback, two of the most used NFL routes.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

He may have take a lot of snaps from under-center, but the route schemes were far from "Pro Style" USC basically ran Flys, Posts, Drags and Screens for the entire 2010 season.

Find me footage of Barkley throwing a deep out or a deep comeback, two of the most used NFL routes.

From watching the tape, they're all 1 read throws too. That's why people, myself included, point out his propensity to stare down his target. It's because he's more often than not only throwing to 1 read.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

From watching the tape, they're all 1 read throws too. That's why people, myself included, point out his propensity to stare down his target. It's because he's more often than not only throwing to 1 read.

And with guys like Lee and Woods on the outside most of the time those reads are open.

I have seen Barkely makes some very good reads in the redzone (Flat/Hook reads vs Zone/Man I.E If it is zone go to this route if it is man go to this route) but it is not something that happens a lot.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've definitely cooled off on Barkley because his decision making this year has been poor. I like Kolb though and i think he can be successful. The oline has improved and he should be able to do better behind it. Massie has been great lately. Potter looked good against a tough Rams Dline and he was against Quinn. I think we all know that Kolb is very good when he has a relatively clean pocket. Now if Geno Smith fell to us, i would take him.

Edit: I would consider trading up for Geno but i'm a bit torn on that.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I've definitely cooled off on Barkley because his decision making this year has been poor. I like Kolb though and i think he can be successful. The oline has improved and he should be able to do better behind it. Massie has been great lately. Potter looked good against a tough Rams Dline and he was against Quinn. I think we all know that Kolb is very good when he has a relatively clean pocket. Now if Geno Smith fell to us, i would take him.

Edit: I would consider trading up for Geno but i'm a bit torn on that.

Bolded: I would not say very good. Good enough, that's what I'd say.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite thing about Kolb is his toughness and that carries weight in my mind. Thats why im good with him being the starter
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could throw to lee all day and look good

Dude is #1 in 2014 draft he is all prop level already

Latest walterfootball draft has us asking Barkley at 11, I am not sure atm
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
I could throw to lee all day and look good

Dude is #1 in 2014 draft he is all prop level already

Latest walterfootball draft has us asking Barkley at 11, I am not sure atm

now the only QB i would consider taking round 1 is Geno (unlikely)
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

That offense isn't a pro style offense. It's the same thing they're running this year.

For some reason I acquaint dropping back from under center = pro style offense. In fact most NFL teams go from shotgun these days.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

For some reason I acquaint dropping back from under center = pro style offense. In fact most NFL teams go from shotgun these days.

Not your fault, it's the old line of thinking. The shotgun is a fad and that all "real" offenses run from under center. Not the case anymore. The definition of a pro style offense now is reads, not formations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Not your fault, it's the old line of thinking. The shotgun is a fad and that all "real" offenses run from under center. Not the case anymore. The definition of a pro style offense now is reads, not formations.

When you say "reads" wh at do you mean? I was also thinking a big difference from alot of college offenses to NFL offenses are the types of routes that are run by receivers within passing plays. I look at WVU as a good example. Smith being in the shotgun alot doesn't really worry me as much as the types of routes that the Holgerson offense uses. While they are effective, they don't seem to provide a quarterback to make as many NFL throws because they rely on alot of screens, quick outs, and receivers sitting down in the seam of zone coverage.

It seems like alot of the passing plays for WVU have Smith hitting a swing pass or hitting a stationary receiver. I am not saying that there are not any other routes, but I don't see as many crossing patterns that require Smith to hit a receiver in stride and allow them to continue their momentum.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: