Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where are all the Kirk Morrison haters at now?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Where are all the Kirk Morrison haters at now? Reply with quote

He had a fine tenure as a Raider but was as labeled the scapegoat here. I remember all the bashing, but all those same posters need to wake up and smell the coffee that
Morrison>> McClain

Captain Kirk was a true Raider in my book
daineraider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So because McClain sucks we need to reminisce about Morrison? Don't get what you and ur threads are trying to do.

Sigged by Jamison
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk is better than McClain that doesnt mean he was good. Cmon now. Just like those folks who wanted Gradowski to start in front of Campbell cause Grad was better than Russell.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like t. howard the most still cant believe we let him go

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrison sucked too. This team hasn't had a decent run defense in years. I don't remember Morrison's teams not getting gashed to pieces on the run either. So give it a rest.
Just because McClain sucked doesn't shine any better light on Kirk, and if the guy cared as much about football as he did about his post football career in broadcasting that is undoubtedly to follow, maybe the Raiders would have been better for it.

Or maybe, just maybe, it is exactly moves like this cutting loose garbage when it plays lazy and mouths off, that the team has been lacking all these years in the first place. Scholarship. Kirk was on one too, doesn't matter how nice the guy was. His play was subpar. If everything else goes wrong forever, at least McKenzie and Allen gave us that finally. No more free rides to nowhere "playing" for Oakland.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Uhhh, because he played the run like garbage, and after his one good year with 6 INTs he ceased to make any plays of any kind for 2 years to follow? Noone forced him to disappear on the field, he did. Another mediocre player hyped well above his ability by Raider fans. The Jacoby Ford of linebacking.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Uhhh, because he played the run like garbage, and after his one good year with 6 INTs he ceased to make any plays of any kind for 2 years to follow? Noone forced him to disappear on the field, he did. Another mediocre player hyped well above his ability by Raider fans. The Jacoby Ford of linebacking.

what we lack now is tackles for loss. howard led the team in tackles for loss 2 years in a row after the 6 int year before he was phased out. ford of linebacking? who is ford? he never plays. howard never missed a game iirc. then he left and had a good year with the bengals.

what linebacker of ours in the last decade has played the run or pass better than howard?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as I suspected when I read the title. McClain doing poorly has no bearing on how bad Morrison was to most fans as it should be.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLLLLL you're a Morrison supporter now? I'm not shocked. Glad that whiffer is gone.

PM sig requests.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

what we lack now is tackles for loss. howard led the team in tackles for loss 2 years in a row after the 6 int year before he was phased out. ford of linebacking? who is ford? he never plays. howard never missed a game iirc. then he left and had a good year with the bengals.

what linebacker of ours in the last decade has played the run or pass better than howard?

Jacoby Ford of linebacking as in - overhyped player still getting overrated by Raider fans because of one good statistical year very far in the rear view mirror.

Yeah, oh I remember the TFLs. Fist pumping his TFL in the 3rd quarter while the team is down 20 points. Remember those real good. Too bad none of those were ever impact plays at any important point of a game. Another me player as far as I can tell. Glad he's gone, Morrison, McClain, praying for the release of Kelly, please come soon Santa. All I want for Christmas is a house cleaning.
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338

silver_surfer, This is clear trolling and you get another warning. We don't condone creating "I told you so" threads aimed at other members. Learn to create threads more constructively. This could have easily been made into a comparison thread posed with a constructive question. But when you fashion it as a vengeance thread indirectly attacking forum members because you think they were wrong.... it becomes trolling.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: