Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. Best DE tandemn?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. Best DE tandemn? Reply with quote

Despite how terrible our season has gone these guy have been playing out of there minds. I think both of them will end up with at least 10 sacks for the season. If you look at NFL.com, both are in the top 15 statistically. No other team can say that for their DE's. We might very quietly have the best tandem in the game. Draft a 1st round DT next season to star with Ron and Dwan and they might just rival the 2003 line.
faccda01

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are definitely up there as far as pass rushing goes. I think our entire DL leaves a lot to be desired in the run game. This is evidenced by Bryce Brown's performance Monday night, as well as Andre Brown gashing us on Thursday night football earlier in the year.

I am very pleased with how both of these guys are playing though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the best in the league but they have the potential to be up there. I have to see consistency from Hardy. He's bee pretty damn consistent throughout this year, but I want to see it next year too.

His motor is great. He made that great tackle that got flagged, then came back and chased down Desean Jackson and laid some wood. Pretty much knocked Jackson out of the game.

Ron Edwards going down really hurts their game though. They're capable run defenders but they don't have to worry as much with Ron occupying. I don't think we can rely on him to stay healthy so drafting a NFL-ready DT should be a priority. The defense will be at it's best when CJ and Hardy are getting to the QB.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're certainly close and could eventually become the best. However, as of now I wouldn't go that far. I'd say JPP and Tuck are a better duo. They're underacheiving this year but I think they're better. I think JPP and CJ are on the same level. However, I'd take Tuck over Hardy right now. Hardy has been playing great this season though. The Rams DE tandem isn't as good as CJ and Hardy right now but I think they may eventually be #1.

I agree with the 2003 D-Line statement though. With Star or Hankins at DT this line with beast on every O-Line they come across.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I think I'm the opposite of you, sort of. JPP > Johnson but Hardy at this point is a good amount better than Tuck IMO. Tuck hasn't been the same since '10.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
^^ I think I'm the opposite of you, sort of. JPP > Johnson but Hardy at this point is a good amount better than Tuck IMO. Tuck hasn't been the same since '10.

I feel the same way.
CJ is an elite rusher. An animal. But JPP is an alien.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

I feel the same way.
CJ is an elite rusher. An animal. But JPP is an alien.

I didn't exactly mean CJ was just and good as JPP. When I said same level I meant like same tier. I think JPP>CJ too it's just not very big of a difference IMO.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the nay sayers can eat some crow now. Hardy and CJ are both in the top 10. Hardy has 11 sacks, 2 FF, and CJ has 10.5, 7 FF. 2 games left to go.This is the best tandem in football right now.
Moody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're up there. Adding a DT will put both guys in contention for 15 sacks. In today's league it doesn't seem that outlandish.

I just like that when CJ gets there, it's likely Hardy was a step away from making the play and vice versa.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't hardy get a sack from the DT spot yesterday? that dude can be as good as he wants to be. he's an athletic freak and has an attitude.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. Best DE tandemn? Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
Despite how terrible our season has gone these guy have been playing out of there minds. I think both of them will end up with at least 10 sacks for the season. If you look at NFL.com, both are in the top 15 statistically. No other team can say that for their DE's. We might very quietly have the best tandem in the game. Draft a 1st round DT next season to star with Ron and Dwan and they might just rival the 2003 line.

JJ Watt > both of them Smile
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. Best DE tandemn? Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:

JJ Watt > both of them Smile

Cool man...

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Moody

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/18/refo-panthers-chargers-week-15/

Quote:
If you asked the average football fan which defensive line has two of the top four 4-3 defensive ends in terms of pass rushing productivity, it might take them a while to come up with the correct answer. Even if you gave them that it was the Panthers it would probably take them even longer to come up with both players’ names. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy rank second and fourth in pass rushing productivity despite little to none of the fanfare that surrounds the likes of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams. If you read PFF you already know how good Johnson is, but what Hardy is doing is starting to rival his line mate. On Sunday he rushed from an end position 19 times and a tackle position 19 times to total three sacks, four stops and a hurry. Hardy’s versatility and ability to rush the passer as well as stop the run from any of the four down-lineman spots is amazing. He made multiple highlight reel plays on the day, and he really seems to be putting everything together in his third year as a pro.

Most versatile defensive lineman in the NFL? Is it even debatable when I add in the fact that he is a gunner on punt coverage?

Hardy's ability to move inside just makes Alexander even better. If they add a DT I think they could lead the league in sacks next year.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/18/refo-panthers-chargers-week-15/

Quote:
If you asked the average football fan which defensive line has two of the top four 4-3 defensive ends in terms of pass rushing productivity, it might take them a while to come up with the correct answer. Even if you gave them that it was the Panthers it would probably take them even longer to come up with both players’ names. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy rank second and fourth in pass rushing productivity despite little to none of the fanfare that surrounds the likes of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams. If you read PFF you already know how good Johnson is, but what Hardy is doing is starting to rival his line mate. On Sunday he rushed from an end position 19 times and a tackle position 19 times to total three sacks, four stops and a hurry. Hardy’s versatility and ability to rush the passer as well as stop the run from any of the four down-lineman spots is amazing. He made multiple highlight reel plays on the day, and he really seems to be putting everything together in his third year as a pro.

Most versatile defensive lineman in the NFL? Is it even debatable when I add in the fact that he is a gunner on punt coverage?

Hardy's ability to move inside just makes Alexander even better. If they add a DT I think they could lead the league in sacks next year.

Dude I love the sounds of that!!! Nice post!
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude.. Greg Hardy plays gunner on the punt team... What other 300 pound player does that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: