Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hats Off to Jim Irsay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamison.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill & colt, why are you saying LMAO to my post.. a bit confused Rolling Eyes Laughing

Because it was awesome lol.
Cool

Jamison.'s Gallery
DHarvey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Jamison: This post topic itself answers your question--as to why folks like Jim Irsay. He's got the cojones to make big management decisions, something that Woody apparently is short of, at least recently.

To Drew39K: Yup, Woody cleaned house in '08. That's what we need to do in 2012/2013. If a mosquito is biting your forehead, you slap it. Problem fixed(i.e. '0Cool. If another mosquito comes along and is biting your forehead (i.e. 2012) you slap it problem fixed. Bottom line, it's time to 'clean house' and start over. That's the point. We need to do what the Colts did. Clean house and start over. Period the end.
drew39k

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHarvey wrote:
To Jamison: This post topic itself answers your question--as to why folks like Jim Irsay. He's got the cojones to make big management decisions, something that Woody apparently is short of, at least recently.

To Drew39K: Yup, Woody cleaned house in '08. That's what we need to do in 2012/2013. If a mosquito is biting your forehead, you slap it. Problem fixed(i.e. '0Cool. If another mosquito comes along and is biting your forehead (i.e. 2012) you slap it problem fixed. Bottom line, it's time to 'clean house' and start over. That's the point. We need to do what the Colts did. Clean house and start over. Period the end.

That's a fair opinion, but that doesn't really see to be the point of this thread. It seems like its directed to mean that irsay is a good owner because he did it and that woody isn't because he wouldn't do it.

It's just a very misleading post.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill & colt, why are you saying LMAO to my post.. a bit confused Rolling Eyes Laughing

Because it was awesome lol.
Co-sign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHarvey wrote:

So because Irsay did it recently and Woody hasn't in a few years, Irsay > Woody? What are you really getting at....

Irsay cleaned house because his team won 2 games and were so bad that they won the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. You think if there's a chance they don't have the best QB prospect since Peyton, they clean house? If they couldn't get Luck, they probably continue with 10-12 win seasons and no post season success with Jim Caldwell at head coach...

Irsay's not some kind of revolutionary. For all the crap Woody gets, he did the exact same thing without issue in 2008 despite a favorable roster with many newly required pieces...any logical owner would have done exactly what Irsay did.

Drop Peyton for the new Peyton? OMG HE'S SO SMART
Fire retard Jim Caldwell? OMG GENIUS
Fire Bill Polian for building a team void in talent and reliant on one player? HOW IS HE DOING THISSSSS

Neutral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Res Ipsa Loquitor Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: