Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 Cardinals vs Rams - Defensive Metrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Then run 3-3-5. Simple fix.

So which Linebacker do you take off the field? Acho, Groves or Lenon? How do you account for the loss of pass rush by replacing a DE/OLB type with a NT. How do you account for the loss of ability in coverage by taking off an ILB and leaving what is essentially 5 down linemen on the field?

The 3-3-5 will bring about its own set of issues. Bottom Line, it is going to be easier to run on you when you have 5 DB's on the field.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Then run 3-3-5. Simple fix.

So which Linebacker do you take off the field? Acho, Groves or Lenon? How do you account for the loss of pass rush by replacing a DE/OLB type with a NT.

The 3-3-5 will bring about its own set of issues. Bottom Line, it is going to be easier to run on you when you have 5 DB's on the field.

Easily Lenon. I went ahead and just read all 11 of your metrics threads. Paris Lenon seems to provide little pass rush metrically and quite frankly appears to be a complete liability in coverage. You have him credited with 9 catches allowed on a pitiful 12 targets (That's a 75% success rate ), 181 yards (20.1 yards per catch allowed) and 2 touchdowns. Taking that off the field and putting a plus run defender in Dan Williams on it brings no issues that I can see other than playcalling. And frankly, we've already got communication issues as it is.

If it's easier to run with 5 DBs, put your run stuffing nose tackle on the field to try and balance that out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, think bigger picture. Why is it that we are the 6th most ran on team and the 4th least thrown on? I'll tell you why, because as Khodder has said more times than I can count on both hands, we can't score 20 points a game! The D would be better if Whis would focus less on throwing the ball and running more. Remember that OL built for running? Just might come in handy! Running the ball more would increase TOP, resulting in fewer opportunities to target the defense. Finally, given that Whis' tendencies are so obvious at this point, it would actually be more challenging to defend! Teams run on us to close out the clock and because they don't fear our ability to score quickly through the air. If the games were closer, there would be more passing attempts and fewer rushing yards given up by our D.

That being said, just altering the offense isn't going to solve all of the problems. Lenon can't be the answer for more than the 1st half of next season. He is a liability now, why would anyone expect him to get better next year at his age? We need another player capable of calling the D ASAP. We also are going to need that pass rushing OLB even more under this scenario, as teams will throw the ball more. So in a sense, IMHO you both were right!

Crap, I sound like a politician! I blame you guys. Laughing

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Guys, think bigger picture. Why is it that we are the 6th most ran on team and the 4th least thrown on? I'll tell you why, because as Khodder has said more times than I can count on both hands, we can't score 20 points a game! The D would be better if Whis would focus less on throwing the ball and running more. Remember that OL built for running? Just might come in handy! Running the ball more would increase TOP, resulting in fewer opportunities to target the defense. Finally, given that Whis' tendencies are so obvious at this point, it would actually be more challenging to defend! Teams run on us to close out the clock and because they don't fear our ability to score quickly through the air. If the games were closer, there would be more passing attempts and fewer rushing yards given up by our D.

That being said, just altering the offense isn't going to solve all of the problems. Lenon can't be the answer for more than the 1st half of next season. He is a liability now, why would anyone expect him to get better next year at his age? We need another player capable of calling the D ASAP. We also are going to need that pass rushing OLB even more under this scenario, as teams will throw the ball more. So in a sense, IMHO you both were right!

Crap, I sound like a politician! I blame you guys. Laughing

That's certainly a valid argument.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That feel when Patrick Peterson retweets you without you going "Yo can I have a RT". Life = Complete.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: