Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Babin released from Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
autumwind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie, Allen, and everybody in the organization involved in the draft and free agency have to be on point and make both of these opportunities to build the team successful. I would rather build through the draft, but of course if the opportunity is there to get a good young player in FA to fill a need it should be done as well. Draft in my opinion is where u can get core players to build around if they aren't busts like Ro, and in my eyes Dmac. It's hard to say cuz the team has missed on both FA and the draft in recent years. Idk where to begin the rebuilding. Need more than just a few pieces. It's disgusting
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a new time. Let's see how Reggie can draft and what he can do with a bit more cap space before we blame him for Al's picks.

Eagles and Raiders made brilliant moves here. Cutting guys like Babin and McClain now allowd for a team trying to make a push to scoop them and their bloated salaries up and off our hands. Fantastic moves by two teams who are looking to the future. Lets hope someone picks up McClain like Babin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
It's a new time. Let's see how Reggie can draft and what he can do with a bit more cap space before we blame him for Al's picks.

Eagles and Raiders made brilliant moves here. Cutting guys like Babin and McClain now allowd for a team trying to make a push to scoop them and their bloated salaries up and off our hands. Fantastic moves by two teams who are looking to the future. Lets hope someone picks up McClain like Babin.

I wish they would do that to Kelly too. Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Yes like I just said a few minutes ago in another thread, he would have been my first choice. I've been calling for it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Yes like I just said a few minutes ago in another thread, he would have been my first choice. I've been calling for it.

He's guaranteed 6 million for next year so even if he gets cut the 6 million goes against the cap.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

He's guaranteed 6 million for next year so even if he gets cut the 6 million goes against the cap.

Ill admit I don't know much about how the cap works (sad since I'm an accountant) but if he gets picked up on waivers does that still apply? Either way I'd eat the cap hit, but if he gets picked up on waivers and that hit goes away he needs to be put on waivers ASAP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same way. You could explain all the ins and outs of the cap and guys salaries and I'll nod. However, I'll forget by tomorrow. Lets not stop with Kelly, get rid of Seymour, one of our kickers, Dmac, and DHB if it's gonna clear cap space.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: